There are 145 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
double post
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Nov 14, 2010 at 10:34 PM ]
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Another must win.

Cannot make a run at the division with a loss here.

Unless everyone else loses, too.
We are 15-4 all time against the Bucs which I think is our best win % against any team.

http://www.fourt9rkim.com/tampa.html

Should be a game similar to the Rams game but if we make as many mistakes as today we won't win against TB. Heck, we where lucky to win against the Rams. It would be nice if this team stopped beating itself and started playing clean games. We are cutting the turnovers but we have so many penalties and bonehead play/play calls. Wish defense would step up and get some turnovers for us.

Edit: will add... I am not worried about the run game, mainly Josh Freeman going deep to Benn and Mike Williams. Could be a big TD or two from them.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 14, 2010 at 10:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We are 15-4 all time against the Bucs which I think is our best win % against any team.

http://www.fourt9rkim.com/tampa.html

Should be a game similar to the Rams game but if we make as many mistakes as today we won't win against TB. Heck, we where lucky to win against the Rams. It would be nice if this team stopped beating itself and started playing clean games. We are cutting the turnovers but we have so many penalties and bonehead play/play calls. Wish defense would step up and get some turnovers for us.

This.

Troy smith needs to chill out on some of those brett favre throw it up and pray, passes also.
just posted this in post-game thread. think it better applies here:
Originally posted by craigyboy:
i originally looked at him (tsmith) like a poor mans mvick...but i like the fact he doesn't immediately get happy feet and break the play. instead he feels the pressure then steps up. i wanna see this kid succeed in the worst way.

just wondering whats your opinion on how dc's of our remaining opponents would gameplan against troy. even though he held long at times, he seems to be decisive enough with a quick release so constant blitzes as on a typical rookie wouldn't be ideal. we're also now pretty convinced he does have a deep accurate ball so do you go prevent forcing him to take the underneaths?

thoughts please..
this stadium was loud today and it better be next weekend
55-13

niners

not
All I'm saying is if we're gonna run the f**king ball on 3rd and short, just line up with a big set and run the damn ball. I hate that we run it out of shotgun -- which we are terrible at.

Minimize penalties. Someone just said it, but sooner or later those prayer throws will turn into INTs. But you know what? At least T. Smith risks something for the team. So I'll give him one. He needs to stop those, though.

Pressure on J. Freeman will be KEY.
Not sure how updated this is. But Tampa's overall defense is ranked 22nd. In passing they're 8th, in rushing they're 31st.

Their overall offense is 20th, 19th passing, 14th rushing.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Not sure how updated this is. But Tampa's overall defense is ranked 22nd. In passing they're 8th, in rushing they're 31st.

singletary loves you for this

Originally posted by teeohh:

This means Singletary's gameplan will be run the ball 90 percent of the time.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
All I'm saying is if we're gonna run the f**king ball on 3rd and short, just line up with a big set and run the damn ball. I hate that we run it out of shotgun -- which we are terrible at.

Minimize penalties. Someone just said it, but sooner or later those prayer throws will turn into INTs. But you know what? At least T. Smith risks something for the team. So I'll give him one. He needs to stop those, though.

Pressure on J. Freeman will be KEY.

I know that Shot gun draw is so predictable that is the Mike Johnson version of Jimmy Raye run play.
Some key match ups:

Willis vs. Blount
Lawson vs. Winslow
Clements vs. Williams
Brown vs. Spurlock (remember him?)
Spikes vs. Davin Joseph (a very underrated OG).
Harlson/La Boy/Brooks/Lawson vs. Trueblood & Penn

Sims vs. White
Baas vs. McCoy
Gore vs. Ruud

Won't list Tampa's DB since they play cover-two. Expect Troy to do more "dink and dunk" in this game.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Some key match ups:

Willis vs. Blount
Lawson vs. Winslow
Clements vs. Williams
Brown vs. Spurlock (remember him?)
Spikes vs. Davin Joseph (a very underrated OG).
Harlson/La Boy/Brooks/Lawson vs. Trueblood & Penn

Sims vs. White
Baas vs. McCoy
Gore vs. Ruud

Won't list Tampa's DB since they play cover-two. Expect Troy to do more "dink and dunk" in this game.

wanna see pat lay some wood on blount...just because
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
49ers coach Mike Singletary refused to commit to Troy Smith as his starting quarterback following Sunday's win over the Rams.
"We're just going to enjoy this win and before I get into who's the starting quarterback," said Mangini Singletary. "We'll sit down as a staff and talk about what we need to talk about." Smith has led back-to-back wins, and threw for a turnover-less 356 yards against St. Louis. Beat writer Matt Maiocco expects Smith to keep the job "for the foreseeable future."
Source: CSN Bay Area

What's it gonna take for Sing to commit.
Share 49ersWebzone