There are 282 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
looks like we don't have a QB who can make all the throws. Troy Smith has yet to complete a pass in the middle 0-10 yards of the field which is what was open all game.
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
So putting(1-5) Alex back in next week helps how??????????

Someone different to b***h about.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
This is the worst display of football I have seen in the past decade. I hate the fact that I love the 49ers.

We are on the brink of becoming the Golden State Warriors of the NFL. F*ck.

no,no,no, we are the Golden State Warriors of the NFL.
disgusting
Originally posted by Somnium:
While Troy is no where near a great QB, he is still good. Troy is not the problem. The defense is not the problem. The real problem is( as much as i hate to say this since i like Sing) is Sing. You can also even argue that a problem may be gore. Now before ppl misunderstand me let me explain:

Dude he's not "good." Have you seen good QBs? Troy panics after one read and runs, it's what Vick used to be without the athleticism. He's also wildly inaccurate on short passes, just like the other Smith.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Fire up page 3178 of the Nate Davis thread.

Dude, that's what people can't stand about you. You make them not give a s**t about you being right. Your attitude about being right sucks, it's way out of proportion to the magnitude of what your right about. It's not like you are being right about having the cure for cancer, or the origin of the universe s**t. Your right about s**t that is nowhere near the rocket scientist level you make it out to be. Great, swell, no big deal..is it worth it to most people hearing you be right? Not when you keep making it a pain in the ass to them, which you really really like to do. Go work for ESPN or something man, please.

Nobody gives a s**t, now you can go start a "Maddog is right and you are a bunch of dumabass's" thread to pat yourself on the back in.

Thanks for the idea for a thread.

I am no rocket scientist, but I am a realist. I have always encouraged the board to root for their team, but live in the land of reality. Too many let their emotions overtake their intellect.

The overt homers, who live in a universe of irrational thoughts, is not going to escape me. Love it, or hate it, I aim to be a voice of reason

you're a pessimist, not a realist.

Is there a difference in the two if you're a 9ers fan the last 8 years?

ha, fair enough. but a realist would acknowledge that they don't know the future. MadDog only predicts negative things and then talks as if he has some magic window into the future if they happen. That's not realistic, that's pessimistic, and egocentric, and pompous, and pretentious, and just annoying beyond words.

He bought into his own hype, I remember a time he really did have a following on here, must've got to his head. The fact that he gloats so openly when he is proven right and is so quick to tuck tail and run when is wrong is what turned the board against him. Hopefully he will tone down the self-righteousness when Singletary is fired and we can all go back to being a big-ol happy family.

Yes. I remember even when Barrows was mentioning him. He has thrown it away. He could have been something, then I noticed he just started picking these battles and deciding to die on one hill after another. It just got to be one little battle he just had to be right about after another. Now look at him....coming in here just to be right, just to battle and die on another hill. Nobody cares anymore, it just gets to be all the same blah blah blah from him.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 21, 2010 at 16:02:22 ]
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Fire up page 3178 of the Nate Davis thread.

Dude, that's what people can't stand about you. You make them not give a s**t about you being right. Your attitude about being right sucks, it's way out of proportion to the magnitude of what your right about. It's not like you are being right about having the cure for cancer, or the origin of the universe s**t. Your right about s**t that is nowhere near the rocket scientist level you make it out to be. Great, swell, no big deal..is it worth it to most people hearing you be right? Not when you keep making it a pain in the ass to them, which you really really like to do. Go work for ESPN or something man, please.

Nobody gives a s**t, now you can go start a "Maddog is right and you are a bunch of dumabass's" thread to pat yourself on the back in.

Thanks for the idea for a thread.

I am no rocket scientist, but I am a realist. I have always encouraged the board to root for their team, but live in the land of reality. Too many let their emotions overtake their intellect.

The overt homers, who live in a universe of irrational thoughts, is not going to escape me. Love it, or hate it, I aim to be a voice of reason

you're a pessimist, not a realist.

Is there a difference in the two if you're a 9ers fan the last 8 years?

ha, fair enough. but a realist would acknowledge that they don't know the future. MadDog only predicts negative things and then talks as if he has some magic window into the future if they happen. That's not realistic, that's pessimistic, and egocentric, and pompous, and pretentious, and just annoying beyond words.

He bought into his own hype, I remember a time he really did have a following on here, must've got to his head. The fact that he gloats so openly when he is proven right and is so quick to tuck tail and run when is wrong is what turned the board against him. Hopefully he will tone down the self-righteousness when Singletary is fired and we can all go back to being a big-ol happy family.

The problem with this board is that it will forever be divided between the Alex Smith supporters and haters. I don't think that will ever go away.

I imagine it would have been worse if the 49erswebzone would have been around circa. 1990-1993 when Montana and Young were on the team.

the problem with this board is that you can't talk about ANYTHING without it becoming about Alex Smith. You can't talk s**t about an arrogant tool of a poster without someone bringing up Alex Smith.
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Hopefully troy smith isnt starting next game.....

What does it matter? We don't have Steve Young on the bench...
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by TEXAS49ER69:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by TEXAS49ER69:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
The good news is the Bills won, so were only 1 game out of having the first overall pick. Andrew Luck here wee comeeee

Without solid leadership...someone will jump us in the draft and get him......

No we need Luck!

Remember we still have Dork as our owner.....it would make too much sense....I dont see Dork opening up his purse strings or checking his ego to win....we ar e F U Cked.....

Well K....cheers...Im gonna go drink alot of beers...buddy!...Here is to loving a a team that doesnt love us or themselves!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Most of our sacks today were not the O-line's fault. The ball didn't come out for some reason.

I agree that Troy holds it a while, but he has nobody to throw to. (except gore has been open in the flat fairly often)

This is why Alex either checked it to gore, or rolled right. He had no time, and no WR's that can get open.

Which is why I didn't blame it on Troy. Watching on TV, it's impossible to see if guys are getting open or not.

Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
This is the worst display of football I have seen in the past decade. I hate the fact that I love the 49ers.

We are on the brink of becoming the Golden State Warriors of the NFL. F*ck.

LMAO. Singletary needs to be fired in the next ten minutes.

LOL - You are forgetting the York's own the team....
  • Veteran
Where is Jed York? What is his answer to this embarrassing football team.
I would like to see on NFL network about 40 mins from now, that SINgleberry is fired.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Troy Smith hold the ball to long and doesn't see the whole field. He is no better or worse than Alex. The niners have quit

I don't understand how the f**king bucs got so many sacks on us. It wasn't just one player, everyone got beat. (on the oline)

LOL...

Welcome to the enigma that is the Bucs. What most don't realize is that we improve some aspect of our game every week.

This week we improved our pass rush and run defense...

Outcoached as usual
Share 49ersWebzone