There are 279 users in the forums

Jed York vs Jerry Jones

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Interesting column/blog from Tim Kawakami. Figured I'd start another thread for everyone to b*tch and moan about the state of the franchise because that's what NinerTalk is all about:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/11/09/49ers-big-picture-jed-york-should-re-think-his-jerry-jonesdallas-fixation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kawakami-merc+%28Talking+Points+with+Tim+Kawakami%29
[ Edited by 49ersNoKaOi on Nov 13, 2010 at 8:52 PM ]
Aside from the article itself, anyone else read the comments? A lot of people were saying they would favor the Yorks selling the team to a Socal owner and moving the team to LA.

how many of YOU favor that idea?
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Aside from the article itself, anyone else read the comments? A lot of people were saying they would favor the Yorks selling the team to a Socal owner and moving the team to LA.

area sighting in 5...4...3...2

If the team leaves the SF Bay Area, then they are dead to me.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

If the them moves to LA, then they are dead to me.
[ Edited by 49ersNoKaOi on Nov 10, 2010 at 9:15 AM ]

this
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

this

What team is the alternative? There's no way id become a raider fan.

this

Honestly I would stop watching football for a few years

this

this

this

this

this
The best thing the York's could do is sell the team back to Eddie!!!! This is the problem with our whole team! They don't care like Eddie does!
Ignoring yet another monotonous highjack, thanks for posting that FL9er, it was a much better article than I was expecting.

The key point, as Kawakami points out, is that Jerrah Jones has had some tangible success and, no matter what you think of him, is a formidable and *gulp* talented owner.

Perhaps a better comparison for the Yorks would be Dan Snyder of the Redskins. Until this season, Snyder has been a full-bore adherent of the "super owner" school and his results are quite similar with what the Yorks have done in SF--although his pathetic earnestness has made the Skins' super owner fiasco a hell of a lot funnier to watch.

It was good to read an article that discussed the importance of a meaningful GM within the organization, I certainly hope this gains traction locally. With any luck, Jed will realize this offseason what Snyder was forced to concede during the previous offseason--GM's are usually better at football than owners.

this

this

Actually agree with Blue on this...

I was hoping this thread would be about a to the death cage match.
Share 49ersWebzone