LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Name the last significant win that the 49ers had

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure but I can name a boat load of significant losses.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
After watching the Raiders big win on Sunday, I realized that our team has not had a significant win like that for a very long time. Some may say "We swept the Cardinals last year". We also swept the Seahawks a couple of years ago but we still missed the playoffs by a lot. Those wins did not have any playoff intentions. I honestly think that the last time we had a big win was against the Wild Card game agains the Giants in 2002. It really sucks to see the Raiders finaly have a big win for their organization, and we are still stuck in the same place that we have been for the past 8 years.

I don't think the raiders having a good win is a bad thing, we have nothing against them winning, they're good. I really think the last big win for us was when we beat the packers, that was a tremendous win........ I thought that year we had a chance to go to the big show, and win...... I mean that year no one could stop Hearst that was a dangerous team and of course the rest of our offense was crazy.....I really miss that team and the awsome play calling and some real coaching. I think the 49ers fans (including me) are so hurting to see the 9ers do well again that it hurts seeing the 9ers go through all of these growing pains and such a talented cast underachieving. Keep the faith, the 49ers nation will not stay down forever, we will rise again. And payback is a _______ well you know, lol.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
After watching the Raiders big win on Sunday, I realized that our team has not had a significant win like that for a very long time. Some may say "We swept the Cardinals last year". We also swept the Seahawks a couple of years ago but we still missed the playoffs by a lot. Those wins did not have any playoff intentions. I honestly think that the last time we had a big win was against the Wild Card game agains the Giants in 2002. It really sucks to see the Raiders pfinaly have a big win for their organization, and we are still stuck in the same place that we have been for the past 8 years.

Both cards games were a lot bigger than the raiders chiefs i dont know what you are thinking? There is still 7 games left and the chargers or chiefs will still win the division so i dont think it was a big win for the raiders over an a good chiefs team the niners team beat a cards team WITH WARNER SB PARTICIPANTS and playoff team........so yeah those two cards games were a lot bigger than the raiders
The epic come from behind playoff win against the Giants in 2002.
Originally posted by susweel:
Against the giants in the playoffs.

definitely
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
When we beat the Broncos on the road at the end of 2006.

-9fA

this. the seahawks game the week before was a big win as well.

For those 2 wins to have been significant, they would have been positive signs of the success to come. Yes, at the time they were satisfying wins, but they didn't build on them.

The only thing that came after has been 4 more years of bad football.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Not in this decade. Guess you could say Giants in 02 but we had no chance against the Bucs so it hasn't been in the last 10 years
Originally posted by Antix:
Not in this decade. Guess you could say Giants in 02 but we had no chance against the Bucs so it hasn't been in the last 10 years

yea, that was kindda more of a last hoorah
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Antix:

yea, that was kindda more of a last hoorah

Mooch's last hoorah too...
Denver in London.

well obviously if you mean playoffs, then at least 8 years...
Share 49ersWebzone