LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Name the last significant win that the 49ers had

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by facestabber:
Its funny you started this post because i've been thinking about this alot recently. After seeing the Browns dominate the Pats, a team imo was much better, I tried to come up with a 49er win. And my line of thought is around a game that we had no business winning yet came through big time.....
The conclusion was really disturbing. Well actually disturbing because the answer is probably close to a decade old. Last season alone we were so close to topping Minnesota and Indy yet we seem to always find a way to blow it. Sure we beat some bottom of the barrell opponents from time to time but when have we actually stepped up and beat someone good? The Giants playoff game at home I would assume we were favored. The comeback was amazing but it should have never got that bad. I absolutely can't stand that we have beaten the Packers only one friggin time in nearly 20 damn years. How is it that we can't shake that team. Oh and now we are getting beat by the Aints, Falcons and Panthers which were all teams from the old NFC west that we used to beat up on. Guys I'm at a loss here. What good teams have we beaten in the last few years that we were huge underdogs?????

1994 - Won Super Bowl XXIX (Chargers) 49-26

1995 - Lost Divisional Playoffs (Packers) 27-17
1996 -Won Wild Card Playoffs (Eagles) 14-0
-Lost Divisional Playoffs (Packers) 35-14
1997 -Won Divisional Playoffs (Vikings) 38-22
-Lost Conference Championship (Packers) 23-10
1998 -Won Wild Card Playoffs (Packers) 30-27
-Lost Divisional Playoffs (Falcons) 20-18
2001 -Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Packers) 25-15
2002 -Won Wild Card Playoffs (Giants) 39-38
-Lost Divisional Playoffs (Buccaneers) 31-6
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Nov 9, 2010 at 7:41 PM ]
If you are Eddie D, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, I'm sure the answer would be the demolition of the Chargers in the 95 Super Bowl. If you are Dr. John York it would be marrying Denise Debartolo.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
When we beat the Broncos on the road at the end of 2006.

-9fA

this is what came to my mind
Last year in week 17 against the rams. No great success, but we clinched our first non-losing season in years. While it's not exactly something to throw a parade over, it was significant in changing the direction of the franchise.

Unfortunately that turn ended up being a dead end this season a we crashed and burned.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Nov 9, 2010 at 11:30 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Against the giants in the playoffs.

Agreed.
I cant remember any good ones. Would I be asking for too much for a win against the packers this year?
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

This ~ 1994 NFC Champ game at the Stick when Young got the "Monkey" off his back. What a game. I WAS there too.. As a matter of fact I was on the field after the gun and in front of Eddie D with the presentation of the Hallas trophy for the NFC Champion, screaming my lungs out with a homemade red & gold; MAKE MORE NOISE flag..right in front of him. I made it on the after game news report, rather a glimpse of the flag did, as Eddie D and Young accepted the trophy.. ahhhh

Now, those were the days, you could even go onto the field at times. I had a chunk of endzone grass with Niner red in it growing on my porch for at least 2years from that day...

Screw this "ownership"

Yep! Super Bowl or nothing!
[ Edited by PA49ersfan on Nov 10, 2010 at 4:46 AM ]
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

This ~ 1994 NFC Champ game at the Stick when Young got the "Monkey" off his back. What a game. I WAS there too.. As a matter of fact I was on the field after the gun and in front of Eddie D with the presentation of the Hallas trophy for the NFC Champion, screaming my lungs out with a homemade red & gold; MAKE MORE NOISE flag..right in front of him. I made it on the after game news report, rather a glimpse of the flag did, as Eddie D and Young accepted the trophy.. ahhhh

Now, those were the days, you could even go onto the field at times. I had a chunk of endzone grass with Niner red in it growing on my porch for at least 2years from that day...

Screw this "ownership"

Personally I thought the NFC championship game against the Cowboys was a bigger win. I knew we were going to beat anyone that went to the Super Bowl against us. Getting over the hurdle against the Cowboys was HUGE.
The significant win will be this weekend against the Lams.
the next 8 weeks.

Originally posted by Rivers77:

Screw this "ownership"

Personally I thought the NFC championship game against the Cowboys was a bigger win. I knew we were going to beat anyone that went to the Super Bowl against us. Getting over the hurdle against the Cowboys was HUGE.

Hit the nail on the head!

How abut Mertons int at the start of the game and his insane chicken walk.. brings a tear to my eye...
06 in Seattle comes to mind.....
Originally posted by Rivers77:

Screw this "ownership"

Hit the nail on the head!

How abut Mertons int at the start of the game and his insane chicken walk.. brings a tear to my eye...
That actually was Eric Davis he was a stud that game. It was one of the best games ever. Both my favorite teams won the 49ers and the team that plays the Cowpies.

THIS!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
When we beat the Broncos on the road at the end of 2006.

-9fA

this. the seahawks game the week before was a big win as well.
Share 49ersWebzone