LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Name the last significant win that the 49ers had

Shop Find 49ers gear online
2 weeks ago
Nothing since the playoff game against NY but really last years MNF game against AZ was big if we beat Seattle we would have been in the playoffs that win helped us
Vs the giants 2002 hands down..sad
Originally posted by susweel:
Against the giants in the playoffs.

agree........playoff wins or a game that means winning the division...............and this was the last one......and what a comeback it was.............
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
2 weeks ago

Yeah, that was sure significant.
When Tim Rattay broke Joe Montana's (all time + franchise) completion record against the Cards in 2004.

went to that game
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
When Tim Rattay broke Joe Montana's (all time + franchise) completion record against the Cards in 2004.

went to that game too
id say 2001 vs INDY on the road as an underdog.. defensive had 4 interceptions, and a touchdown, Hearst ran for 2 and owens caught a td and stokes had 2.. showed we were back ...

in 2002 on the road down against dallas and we came back and won
Playoff win against Green Bay right before the Yorks fired everyone in sight and adopted the "Ohio" model of NFL franchises.

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

This ~ 1994 NFC Champ game at the Stick when Young got the "Monkey" off his back. What a game. I WAS there too.. As a matter of fact I was on the field after the gun and in front of Eddie D with the presentation of the Hallas trophy for the NFC Champion, screaming my lungs out with a homemade red & gold; MAKE MORE NOISE flag..right in front of him. I made it on the after game news report, rather a glimpse of the flag did, as Eddie D and Young accepted the trophy.. ahhhh

Now, those were the days, you could even go onto the field at times. I had a chunk of endzone grass with Niner red in it growing on my porch for at least 2years from that day...

Screw this "ownership"
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Nov 9, 2010 at 6:59 PM ]
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

That.
Its funny you started this post because i've been thinking about this alot recently. After seeing the Browns dominate the Pats, a team imo was much better, I tried to come up with a 49er win. And my line of thought is around a game that we had no business winning yet came through big time.....
The conclusion was really disturbing. Well actually disturbing because the answer is probably close to a decade old. Last season alone we were so close to topping Minnesota and Indy yet we seem to always find a way to blow it. Sure we beat some bottom of the barrell opponents from time to time but when have we actually stepped up and beat someone good? The Giants playoff game at home I would assume we were favored. The comeback was amazing but it should have never got that bad. I absolutely can't stand that we have beaten the Packers only one friggin time in nearly 20 damn years. How is it that we can't shake that team. Oh and now we are getting beat by the Aints, Falcons and Panthers which were all teams from the old NFC west that we used to beat up on. Guys I'm at a loss here. What good teams have we beaten in the last few years that we were huge underdogs?????
Originally posted by danimal:
TO's catch to beat Green Bay.

Since then the Niners were never again serious contenders. So I don't consider the following games as significant.

I knew the Niners were never going to get past the likes of the Bucs in 02 so even that Giants win was insignificant in my eyes

I agree. That was the last time the 49ers were superbowl contenders. It has been awhile. I also think the road win Seattle with Alex's bootleg was pretty significant. I was definitely drinking the kool-aid at the time, but I guess in retrospect, it didn't mean s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone