LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Barbeiri Destroying singletary on NBC, VD didn't back up his HC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
and actually Ralph said he would either look like a buffoon or a genius. Ralph gave himself a way out just in case Singletary started winning, and now that it looks like Singletary is down and out, Ralph is piling on.

This^^

Yeah, we were 8-8 and it was obvious it was going to improve or implode.

Mr. "Free Alex" and "f**k the pitch count" Barbieri is always ready to pile it on.

One reason he has been on the radio for decades. I don't remember any of those nice guys that had sports talk shows on for a year or two in the past.
Why the hell is this thread still open with no proof that this interview happened?
Originally posted by petethekiller:
Why the hell is this thread still open with no proof that this interview happened?
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
wow simply amazing lol......gotta love 49er fans

yeah its embarassing. I guarantee its not half as bad as thread starter acts like it is, but people are so giddy to see another grown man get insulted you have to wonder whats happenin in their world.

dude, he is coaching our team to a 2-6 record, probably en route to a 5-6 win season.

I dont want him to get insulted, i dont want him to get embarrassed, i dont want him to die, i dont want him to be sad, i just him to get fired so we can start winning games. That is it. how is this so hard to figure out?

why do fans think its as simple as "We have a bad record, so our coach must suck" Is that easier than rewatching the games and pinpointing the problems?

But we already did that and decided he WAS the problem.
Punishing the wrong party.
Did he tell Nate to fumble vs. ATL?
What about Alex and his charitable act vs. PHI, how was that Sing's doing?
Oh it was his fault for all the mishaps against New Orleans? Yea sing should've told Baas how to snap the ball right?
Hey did Sing constantly get beat in man coverage vs. the Panthers?

Yeah it's allllll Sing's fault. Please people, watch the damn game before you point fingers. Sing ain't the best, but he's far from the worst like how you guys are making him out to be.

Singletary "prepared" all those guys. What don't you understand?

With an effective offense that isn't from the stone-age and a formidable game plan, we probably wouldn't have put ourselves in position for all that stuff to go wrong in the first place.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:

yeah its embarassing. I guarantee its not half as bad as thread starter acts like it is, but people are so giddy to see another grown man get insulted you have to wonder whats happenin in their world.

dude, he is coaching our team to a 2-6 record, probably en route to a 5-6 win season.

I dont want him to get insulted, i dont want him to get embarrassed, i dont want him to die, i dont want him to be sad, i just him to get fired so we can start winning games. That is it. how is this so hard to figure out?

why do fans think its as simple as "We have a bad record, so our coach must suck" Is that easier than rewatching the games and pinpointing the problems?

Oh it was his fault for all the mishaps against New Orleans? Yea sing should've told Baas how to snap the ball right?

Yeah it's allllll Sing's fault. Please people, watch the damn game before you point fingers. Sing ain't the best, but he's far from the worst like how you guys are making him out to be.

With an effective offense that isn't from the stone-age and a formidable game plan, we probably wouldn't have put ourselves in position for all that stuff to go wrong in the first place.

cosigned.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

These are professionals. Do you think highly-paid Clements should blame Sing for not preparing him to slide once in FG range? TKO said it best, they get put into the position but they don't make plays in the pass defense. Tell me why it's Sing's fault for Shawnte getting spanked in Car. You don't think Sing had Adams catching punts before he muffed it against NO? You don't think he had Baas snapping the ball before that bad snap in the same game?

Sure it's his fault for the 2 blowouts, but watch the film and tell me again that it's the coaches fault for Pro Football players making Pop Warner mistakes. Did I mention the scoop and score in the PHI game?

cosigned.

This. When opposing defenses are calling out your plays and knowing where your primary reads are, it puts everyone in a very difficult predicament, no matter who the talent is.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

cosigned.

This. When opposing defenses are calling out your plays and knowing where your primary reads are, it puts everyone in a very difficult predicament, no matter who the talent is.

Why do the Seattle and Chiefs games keep getting brought up if the reason for those blowouts is now off the team? We haven't been blown out since Raye's been fired, and those games shouldn't have any bearing on how you judge the current team.

And anyway, this hate for Singletary is more just hate for a run based offense. It's considered "archaic" because Niners haven't had a run based offense since before the 80s, but there's been plenty of successful running teams the past few seasons, and at the end of the day you have to go with what best suits your personnel.
I'm sure you all will agree with me that Barbieri's voice is smoother than warm butter gliding on hot sourdough bread layered on some Luther Vandross grooves while you're mellowed out on ganja and getting a warm oil massage by hot women.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I'm sure you all will agree with me that Barbieri's voice is smoother than warm butter gliding on hot sourdough bread layered on some Luther Vandross grooves while you're mellowed out on ganja and getting a warm oil massage by hot women.

No, but I'm pitching a tent right now.

Originally posted by djfullshred:
and actually Ralph said he would either look like a buffoon or a genius. Ralph gave himself a way out just in case Singletary started winning, and now that it looks like Singletary is down and out, Ralph is piling on.

This^^

Mr. "Free Alex" and "f**k the pitch count" Barbieri is always ready to pile it on.

One reason he has been on the radio for decades. I don't remember any of those nice guys that had sports talk shows on for a year or two in the past.

Not really. The better ones can conduct an interview respectfully and still get the point across. Ralph actually "lies" by putting words in peoples' mouths during interviews.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

This^^

Not really. The better ones can conduct an interview respectfully and still get the point across. Ralph actually "lies" by putting words in peoples' mouths during interviews.

Even though I rarely agree with him, I still find their afternoon show to be entertaining. That is why they get good ratings. It was awesome years ago when he got Ken Norton so riled up, he looked like he was going to beat his ass right on TV. Good stuff.

Originally posted by petethekiller:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Doesn't get much better than that...

WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone