There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sometimes everyone is wrong. Greatness happens.

Santa is real
since Montana is rated # 4 best NFL player of all time and Jerry Rice is # 1---I guess we fans cannot expect to ever see better than that--ever again---that was as good as it gets!!! Glad I was able to see " greatness"
Nate Davis.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Nate Davis.

is not even on an active roster
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Nate Davis.

will never start in the NFL..... unless T. Smith flops.
start searching super markets for past college QBs!!!
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Nate Davis.

will never start in the NFL..... unless T. Smith flops.

No because Singletary will just put Alex Smith back as the starting QB. Nate Davis is garbage.
If you go back and look at the 49er archives, you will discover that Walsh drafted 5 QBs after Montana. You never heard from any of them. I have the greatest respect for Walsh, but it shows you that even Walsh did not always have that magic touch. He was fortunate to have gambled on Young, and it panned out. But the 49er system, coaching and personnel made the conversion of Young possible. If not for this, Young might have eventually washed out of football, unheralded.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So you are saying Troy Smith is going to the hall of fame...

where does it say that?

I believe he is just saying that there is a potential for greatness in every player, no matter how unlikely it may seem.
Originally posted by excelsior:
If you go back and look at the 49er archives, you will discover that Walsh drafted 5 QBs after Montana. You never heard from any of them. I have the greatest respect for Walsh, but it shows you that even Walsh did not always have that magic touch. He was fortunate to have gambled on Young, and it panned out. But the 49er system, coaching and personnel made the conversion of Young possible. If not for this, Young might have eventually washed out of football, unheralded.

You got that backwards. young was fortunate that Walsh picked him up. The young Pick up was the reason why he was so great at what he did.
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So you are saying Troy Smith is going to the hall of fame...

where does it say that?

I believe he is just saying that there is a potential for greatness in every player, no matter how unlikely it may seem.

you can add Alex Smith on to that list!!

YOU WATCH!!!!!

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I was born a premi

one of my nuts hangs lower than the other
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
You might also consider adding the greatest QB in the history of the game to that list, he was drafted in the third round, eighty-second overall.

who is that?