LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

The Remainder of the 2010 Season is Pointless

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Hey MadDog,

BOOM! WE WIN AND YOU AND YOUR HATE LOSE.

Watching Troy Smith: definitely not pointless. Most exciting 49ers QB play from start to finish in almost a decade.

I don't know if i'm more happy that we won or that i know you're upset we won. It's like a double victory, really.

GO 49ers!

Uh, I'll need a translator for that first line.

P.S. Nothing changes due to a home victory against a mediocre team that is winless on the road in 2011. The team is still 3 games below .500 and has the majority of games on the road the remainder of the year.

It was an expected victory today, and an exciting win. Troy Smith is a compelling story. Moving forward, the Niners have to face a very good Tampa team, and then head out on the road, where they are 0-4 for the year. Not a good sign for the future, especially now that their LT is out for most of the rest of this year.

I'm happy for your happiness, but I think you are way too emotionally invested on this thread, and this team under Singletary. You are prepping yourself for a major emotional meltdown. Are you really ready to emotionally commit to Singletary? I cut my losses long ago, and I advise you to do the same.

if you've "cut your losses" and are so "above" this team, then why do you keep coming onto this site and posting?
Hey MadDog,

Watching Troy Smith: definitely not pointless. Most exciting 49ers QB play from start to finish in almost a decade.

I don't know if i'm more happy that we won or that i know you're upset we won. It's like a double victory, really.

GO 49ers!

P.S. Nothing changes due to a home victory against a mediocre team that is winless on the road in 2011. The team is still 3 games below .500 and has the majority of games on the road the remainder of the year.

It was an expected victory today, and an exciting win. Troy Smith is a compelling story. Moving forward, the Niners have to face a very good Tampa team, and then head out on the road, where they are 0-4 for the year. Not a good sign for the future, especially now that their LT is out for most of the rest of this year.

I'm happy for your happiness, but I think you are way too emotionally invested on this thread, and this team under Singletary. You are prepping yourself for a major emotional meltdown. Are you really ready to emotionally commit to Singletary? I cut my losses long ago, and I advise you to do the same.

It doesn't matter who they beat, his isn't the BCS as long as they win. Something does change, its called confidence and we have been lacking it for most (all) of this season and to see Troy Smith do what he did will put a lot of reason to believe again in this team. Its not like we lack talent we just haven't been putting it all together on the field.

So if we were to beat TB next week you will most likely be in here saying "we just beat a mediocre team who shuoldn't even be 6-3 anyway. Look at the stats . If you don't want to be a fan of the team and believe than don't but advising others to be a robot is dumb. Im tied to Singletary as long as he is listed as the HC of my favorite team. Even if he kinda sucks
I was hoping that Singletary would be fired after this loss...
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Sing gets fired at the end o the season regardless. We'll maybe win 2 more games
Hey MadDog,

GO 49ers!

So its "Thier LT" now? What, you have a problem with Joe Staley now? You are not a niner fan anymore? Its "We" lost "our" LT. Your fanhood and respect was killed with this thread.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 14, 2010 at 8:45 PM ]

I'm happy for your happiness, but I think you are way too emotionally invested on this thread, and this team

Oh, the irony.
Hey MadDog,

GO 49ers!

if you cut your losses then just stay in the parking lot forum bro

people arent emotionally commited to sing theyre commited to the 49ers who still have a shot
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I'm happy for your happiness, but I think you are way too emotionally invested on this thread, and this team

Oh, the irony.

The 49ers are still a terrible team, and have no business getting anywhere near the playoffs. A 49er playoff berth would be an embarrassment to the entire NFL.

Maybe things won't always be this way, but for now, this is how things are.

• dj43
I am pleased the 49ers won, but OMG...15 penalties, 3 which call back TDs, 5 sacks given up, very little in the running game...that is not a good thing looking ahead to the Bucs.

The 49ers were very fortunate to win this game. They will have to be much cleaner next week. Let's hope they are.
Originally posted by SBinMT:
The 49ers are still a terrible team, and have no business getting anywhere near the playoffs. A 49er playoff berth would be an embarrassment to the entire NFL.

Is that so? This team actually has a a lot of talent and I suspect that most league experts believe that they are more talented than their record. But right now, they are two games out of first with eight to play and I don't think that any team will lay down for them. So if they do make it to the play-offs, they will have deserved it.
Originally posted by dj43:
I am pleased the 49ers won, but OMG...15 penalties, 3 which call back TDs, 5 sacks given up, very little in the running game...that is not a good thing looking ahead to the Bucs.

The 49ers were very fortunate to win this game. They will have to be much cleaner next week. Let's hope they are.
Do you want Singletary back?
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by SBinMT:

Is that so? This team actually has a a lot of talent and I suspect that most league experts believe that they are more talented than their record. But right now, they are two games out of first with eight to play and I don't think that any team will lay down for them. So if they do make it to the play-offs, they will have deserved it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
Hey MadDog,

GO 49ers!

I'll try and help...

"Hey MadDog" is a call out to you. "MadDog" is your name and "hey" is a term that is used to attract attention or to your name; therefore, "Hey" and "MadDog" put together is intended to call attention to you by calling attention to your name.
[ Edited by D_Niner on Nov 14, 2010 at 9:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone