There are 284 users in the forums

The Remainder of the 2010 Season is Pointless

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'm not calling York a good owner or Singletary even a good coach...but I love all these armchair fans that run their mouths left and right like they even know what they're talking about, its quite hilarious.
Originally posted by jrg:
I'm not calling York a good owner or Singletary even a good coach...but I love all these armchair fans that run their mouths left and right like they even know what they're talking about, its quite hilarious.

Remember most of them was good whe they was in pop warner!
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Remember most of them was good whe they was in pop warner!

Led my team in TDs every year! Lol... Can't see how any season is pointless so I'm just wondering how this thread is still going.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Sorry, been away today. It is true that dumping Singletary may lead to the same cycle with another losing coach.

At the same time, it may lead to the jackpot. I am willing to take that shot, especially with so many successful winning coaches on the market.

In the meantime, I hope for continued embarrassment and dysfunction, to accelerate and force the hand of management. Nothing would be worse than to finish 6-10, 7-9 and management deciding to go with Singletary for another season....ala Mike Nolan. We have seen he is clearly over his head as the leader of a franchise...ala Mike Nolan.

I totally understand your point. If what you have isn't working, roll the dice on a change. Makes perfect sense and I can appreciate your position on the matter.

That said, I have little faith in the organization to make good decisions about coaches. I think the structure from top to bottom is all wrong and I don't expect it to change. Same people, same bad decisions. Tanking the season seems pointless.

In addition to feeling it would be pointless, I think it would suck. I'd rather watch fun games and wins. I'm tired of going through the same cycle... I have felt like you do in the past. I just think after seeing it happen time after time, I have to place the blame on the people making the decisions about coaches.

Lastly, I have an unreasoning fear of the CBA situation. If there is even a small chance we don't have football next year, it makes this year that much more important to me.

Basically, I have little faith that things will get better. I think our players will just have to overcome bad coaching. Judging from Morgan's comments about speaking up about opening up the pass game, I don't think it's too far off. We'll see....

51K + posts and you are talking about someone else running their mouth????
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tommyncal:

Originally posted by tommyncal:

JRG doesn't run his mouth he's usually positive about the team and doesn't think that he knows every solution to the team. He definitely doesn't run his mouth except when it comes down to his Cardinals
No "F" ing way is it pointless yet ....... we haven't been mathematically eliminated and we play in the NFC WEST where no opponent has clearly taken charge yet. It could only happen this way in the NFC WEST , what a joke. I just wish Singletary wasn't the man in charge.

GO 49ERS
[ Edited by 49ERGUY on Nov 14, 2010 at 1:11 AM ]
Hey MadDog,

BOOM! WE WIN AND YOU AND YOUR HATE LOSE.

Watching Troy Smith: definitely not pointless. Most exciting 49ers QB play from start to finish in almost a decade.

I don't know if i'm more happy that we won or that i know you're upset we won. It's like a double victory, really.

GO 49ers!

I fear the responses of the those that hate Singletary if he manages to scrape by and he's kept another year. Sigh...
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
I fear the responses of the those that hate Singletary if he manages to scrape by and he's kept another year. Sigh...

Anything short of a super bowl and Sing is gone. This much is obvious.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Actually if the get to NFC championship then he will keep his job. unless someone serious says they want the job. but im with you on this.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Actually if the get to NFC championship then he will keep his job. unless someone serious says they want the job. but im with you on this.
This whole staff needs to go. We need a serious influx of real NFL people with winning pedigree. Every win ensures that won't happen.
Hey MadDog,

BOOM! WE WIN AND YOU AND YOUR HATE LOSE.

Watching Troy Smith: definitely not pointless. Most exciting 49ers QB play from start to finish in almost a decade.

I don't know if i'm more happy that we won or that i know you're upset we won. It's like a double victory, really.

GO 49ers!

Uh, I'll need a translator for that first line.

P.S. Nothing changes due to a home victory against a mediocre team that is winless on the road in 2011. The team is still 3 games below .500 and has the majority of games on the road the remainder of the year.

It was an expected victory today, and an exciting win. Troy Smith is a compelling story. Moving forward, the Niners have to face a very good Tampa team, and then head out on the road, where they are 0-4 for the year. Not a good sign for the future, especially now that their LT is out for most of the rest of this year.

I'm happy for your happiness, but I think you are way too emotionally invested on this thread, and this team under Singletary. You are prepping yourself for a major emotional meltdown. Are you really ready to emotionally commit to Singletary? I cut my losses long ago, and I advise you to do the same.
Share 49ersWebzone