LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

The Remainder of the 2010 Season is Pointless

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Well not according to ESPN analyst Michael Smith who is actually leaning toward the Niners being the first team in NFL history to win the division at 7-9

Winning the division with a 7-9 record would actually be kind of embarrasing.

It's kind of like being the smartest kid on the short bus.

LOL. Short bus.

And after that, The NFL will put in a rule where a team cannot be in the playoffs with less than an 8-8 record even if it wins the division. The next team with a winning record from another division gets into the playoffs.

It will forever be known as "The 49er rule."

Actually, that would not be a bad rule!!
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by daragon:
Unlike Maddog, I'm a true Niner FAN, and I'm not one to just give up on my team. I'm there for them until the last second of the last game. Go Niners. Some of us still love you and hope for the best. Here's to those who bleed red and gold. To hell with those "fans" who would drop you half way through the season. See what they say when you succeed.

This

Ya your right your just a fan! Maddog like myself are fans and realist no body is telling you not to cheer for your team. They are a bunch of losers ( expect for p-52) who can't win and we have a clown as the ring leader with a philosophy that dates back from the 80's. Yes this season is pointless yes we are only 2 games behind but we can't WIN that's why we aren't going no where this season! Lucky for us our division sucks! It's just gets me that so called FANS!! Are happy getting by just hoping we make it I want us to assembly a Superbowl caliper team not a f**kin weak as team
that we pray and hope gets in the Playoffs but we can't even do that in this weak ass division!!

I never said I was happy with the failures my team has shown. It breaks my heart and brings me down every time it happens. But I have loved this team since I was a kid. The franchise will have its ups and it will have its downs. I hope for the best for my team always, and I'll be there reping my colors, through the bad and through the good. Do I hope for good changes? Yes. But do I hope that my team loses in order to get those changes? No. That's not the kind of fan I am.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I seem lots of humors in this thread.

Cheers.

Well not according to ESPN analyst Michael Smith who is actually leaning toward the Niners being the first team in NFL history to win the division at 7-9

LOL. Short bus.

And after that, The NFL will put in a rule where a team cannot be in the playoffs with less than an 8-8 record even if it wins the division. The next team with a winning record from another division gets into the playoffs.

It may not work in terms of T.V. revenues. If the entire West Coast teams were eliminated from the playoffs, most West Coast viewers would not be interested in watching.

As it stands in my case, if the 49er's can't make the playoffs, I would still watch and root for the Cardinals or the Seahawks if they're in the playoffs since they're geographically in the same area.

I would not be interested in watching teams from the East Coast play against each other. I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this same point of view.

Too much at stake for the NFL to chance.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
You know why it's not pointless, MadDog?

A. Because true 49ers FANS always find something in their team to look forward to.

B. With 8 games remaining in the 2009 season we went 5-3 with a much more brutal schedule than we have this year.

C. We went 5-1 last year against the NFC West. We have 1 loss to the NFC West and 5 games remaining. Winning those 5 games is 100% doable. That means we just have to win 1 of the 3 games vs TB (home game), GB, and SD (primetime game, we always show up for those)

Side-note: The sad thing about you is that in order save face on your crow eating, you'll root for the 49ers to never achieve what is entirely possible.

I understand that you do not feel our mediocrity, drama, chaos, lack of organization, and utter disfunction is a big issue. I do.

When battery acid is in your mouth, you spit it out, and not hope that the taste changes.

give me a break. You can root for the team and still be upset that it is mediocre. You can root for the team and hate the drama and chaos and lack of organization around and within it. You can root for the team and also hope that changes are made after the season.

And I'm not a doctor, but I don't think you should ever have batter acid in your mouth.

I am rooting for my team....to lose. Singletary is clearly clueless as a head coach, and unless the fans want a decade of 6-10, 7-9 teams, they have to demand a change. Losing forces change, so the more we lose, the faster the change.

Stop delaying the open heart surgery. Get it over with, and get healthy.

Once Singletary is booted, then I cheer for the team again....because it has a chance to succeed.

You are everything that is wrong with sports "fans". You are fair weather, no denying that. If they're not winning, you don't want any part of them. You disgust me.

You're aware that "rooting" for your team to win despite all of its incompetences makes the feeling of victory all the more great, right?

I mean just look the SF Giants. Years of terrible mismanagement and never winning, then bam we win it all. The single happiest day of my life following sports. Being there through all the adversity through countless years of hell made it all worth the wait.

You're clearly one of the spoiled 49ers fans who got their start as "fans" by following the winning Montana years and don't know how to adapt. Well you know what? Those years are long gone. Let it go. I don't want you following OUR team. We don't want you here when we do start winning. GTFO. You want to only follow winners? Fine go follow the Steelers and their great management that keeps a rapist as the head of their franchise. Boom!

Just to clarify how you feel about me, you state:
1) You are everything that is wrong with sports "fans".
2) You disgust me.
3) You're clearly one of the spoiled 49ers fans
4) and don't know how to adapt
5) I don't want you following OUR team
6) We don't want you here when we do start winning.
7) GTFO
8) You want to only follow winners
9) Boom

Am I missing anything, or is there anything else you would like to get off your chest?

Cheers.

Ya. Your big board rankings suck and your opinion of shaun hills sucks!

You're like the French. When something doesn't go your way, you bail.

Troll.

I have to give you an A for lameness, and I do seem humor in such lameness.

P.S. I'm sorry, but I also have to give you an F grade for your reference to history. The French are famous for surrendering, not bailing. Back to the books.

Finally, is there more than one Shaun Hill? Has he been mysteriously cloned? You refer to him as Shaun Hills. Maybe he has gained an extra hill? In any case, I do find humor in this again.

Is bailing not the same as surrendering when it comes to the French? Pretty sure those are interchangeable in this context. And yes, the French do bail, just like you on the 49ers. Lame.

OMG he accidently typed an S at the end of Shaun Hills name! Lets talk about that to detract from the points being made! Good thing you "seem humor in such lameness". See how i did that? Lame.

The fact you can't see that no matter how well we do in the second half (barring a super bowl) there is no way Sing and this staff are back. He's done. Finished. So rooting for the 49ers to lose is completely ridiculous, much like the way you use "Cheers". Boom.

So maddog is the kind of player that quits on his team when the score gets out of hand.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
You know why it's not pointless, MadDog?

A. Because true 49ers FANS always find something in their team to look forward to.

B. With 8 games remaining in the 2009 season we went 5-3 with a much more brutal schedule than we have this year.

C. We went 5-1 last year against the NFC West. We have 1 loss to the NFC West and 5 games remaining. Winning those 5 games is 100% doable. That means we just have to win 1 of the 3 games vs TB (home game), GB, and SD (primetime game, we always show up for those)

Side-note: The sad thing about you is that in order save face on your crow eating, you'll root for the 49ers to never achieve what is entirely possible.

I understand that you do not feel our mediocrity, drama, chaos, lack of organization, and utter disfunction is a big issue. I do.

When battery acid is in your mouth, you spit it out, and not hope that the taste changes.

give me a break. You can root for the team and still be upset that it is mediocre. You can root for the team and hate the drama and chaos and lack of organization around and within it. You can root for the team and also hope that changes are made after the season.

And I'm not a doctor, but I don't think you should ever have batter acid in your mouth.

I am rooting for my team....to lose. Singletary is clearly clueless as a head coach, and unless the fans want a decade of 6-10, 7-9 teams, they have to demand a change. Losing forces change, so the more we lose, the faster the change.

Stop delaying the open heart surgery. Get it over with, and get healthy.

Once Singletary is booted, then I cheer for the team again....because it has a chance to succeed.

Amen, Reverend. This team is not going to get better with a clueless head coach IN TOTAL CONTROL. All this nonsense (questions about leadership, player defections, horrible coaching, turnovers, etc) will continue if the Yorks are blinded by any hint of a turnaround from Sing.
Unlike Maddog, I'm a true Niner FAN, and I'm not one to just give up on my team. I'm there for them until the last second of the last game. Go Niners. Some of us still love you and hope for the best. Here's to those who bleed red and gold. To hell with those "fans" who would drop you half way through the season. See what they say when you succeed.

This

Ya your right your just a fan! Maddog like myself are fans and realist no body is telling you not to cheer for your team. They are a bunch of losers ( expect for p-52) who can't win and we have a clown as the ring leader with a philosophy that dates back from the 80's. Yes this season is pointless yes we are only 2 games behind but we can't WIN that's why we aren't going no where this season! Lucky for us our division sucks! It's just gets me that so called FANS!! Are happy getting by just hoping we make it I want us to assembly a Superbowl caliper team not a f**kin weak as team
that we pray and hope gets in the Playoffs but we can't even do that in this weak ass division!!

I never said I was happy with the failures my team has shown. It breaks my heart and brings me down every time it happens. But I have loved this team since I was a kid. The franchise will have its ups and it will have its downs. I hope for the best for my team always, and I'll be there reping my colors, through the bad and through the good. Do I hope for good changes? Yes. But do I hope that my team loses in order to get those changes? No. That's not the kind of fan I am.

I have never understood this logic, makes me laugh. who are you, the true fan police? I am sorry you feel sick, but simply and blindly rooting for something no matter what happens doesn't make you a true fan. This is George W Bush logic, you are either with us or against us, right?

If you are ok with watching this BS unfold on the field and off week after week, then great, keep rooting. I will tell you what is going to happen, we are going to lose and lose badly. Being a realist doesn't make you any less of a fan, because there is no way this ship gets turned around with all the problems we have.

Do I hope we go 8-0 the rest of way and win the superbowl, yes I do. Do I think that is even remotely possible, no. not a chance. I am already looking forward to next season. If we can get a high draft pick, then I am all for that. this season is a waste and thinking about the greater good in this context is the only hope I have. Do I want the team to lay down and lose on purpose, of course not. Do I realize that wins probably hurt us more than help us at this point, yes, completely.
Originally posted by alburns:

This

I have never understood this logic, makes me laugh. who are you, the true fan police? I am sorry you feel sick, but simply and blindly rooting for something no matter what happens doesn't make you a true fan. This is George W Bush logic, you are either with us or against us, right?

If you are ok with watching this BS unfold on the field and off week after week, then great, keep rooting. I will tell you what is going to happen, we are going to lose and lose badly. Being a realist doesn't make you any less of a fan, because there is no way this ship gets turned around with all the problems we have.

Do I hope we go 8-0 the rest of way and win the superbowl, yes I do. Do I think that is even remotely possible, no. not a chance. I am already looking forward to next season. If we can get a high draft pick, then I am all for that. this season is a waste and thinking about the greater good in this context is the only hope I have. Do I want the team to lay down and lose on purpose, of course not. Do I realize that wins probably hurt us more than help us at this point, yes, completely.

Ok, so how am I not a realist? I see things just the way you do, and you basically stated the exact same thing I did. You don't root for them to lose. You root for them to win, even if you don't expect it. I'm confused. I'm not a fool or a blind fan. I follow this team more intently then anyone I know. I too wan the best for this franchise, but at the same time, I realize I'm a fan, not a player, not a coach, not a owner. I can not buy merchandise, and not go to games... that's about it. Does it suck that we don't have the team of the 80's and 90's anymore, you bet, but I'm still a Niners fan, through and through. Say what you will.
Looking at this from a fairness point of view, it seems only right that if you perceive that your team has quit on you that you have the right to quit on it.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Looking at this from a fairness point of view, it seems only right that if you perceive that your team has quit on you that you have the right to quit on it.

Then sports will cease to exist. You think we are the only s**tty performing franchise in this world? Think about how many Lion fans there still are that support the team. They have been s**tty since the 1960s. We are just spoiled and wish it could be like the Montana/Young days. Well guess what, those days are gone. Don't quit on the team becauise you "percieve" the team has quit.

Guys like P Willy and VD, Gore, signed extensions to stay with this team and those guys give it all they got. Also, we have rookies like A. Dixon and Iupati playing with enthusiasm.
You can bash Sing, A. Smith, York, Rachal, M. Lewis, Coffee, or other weanies that were or are 49ers, but don't bash the whole team.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by excelsior:

Then sports will cease to exist. You think we are the only s**tty performing franchise in this world? Think about how many Lion fans there still are that support the team. They have been s**tty since the 1960s. We are just spoiled and wish it could be like the Montana/Young days. Well guess what, those days are gone. Don't quit on the team becauise you "percieve" the team has quit.

Guys like P Willy and VD, Gore, signed extensions to stay with this team and those guys give it all they got. Also, we have rookies like A. Dixon and Iupati playing with enthusiasm.
You can bash Sing, A. Smith, York, Rachal, M. Lewis, Coffee, or other weanies that were or are 49ers, but don't bash the whole team.

Amen. Go Niners!!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I seem lots of humors in this thread.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

LOL. Short bus.

It may not work in terms of T.V. revenues. If the entire West Coast teams were eliminated from the playoffs, most West Coast viewers would not be interested in watching.

As it stands in my case, if the 49er's can't make the playoffs, I would still watch and root for the Cardinals or the Seahawks if they're in the playoffs since they're geographically in the same area.

I would not be interested in watching teams from the East Coast play against each other. I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this same point of view.

Too much at stake for the NFL to chance.

You know we'd all be playing Jedi Mind Tricks on ourselves if we made the playoffs, even with a crap 7-9 record.

They would go something like this....

"You know...we could actually have a shot at winning this thing. Heck, 4 of our 9 losses were by a measly 3 points or less and we actually OUTPLAYED the other teams before we lost to them. Shoot, we REALLY have 11-5 talent on this team, and it's a FACT that 11-5 talent is EASILY good enough to win the Super Bowl! Championship!"

[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Nov 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:

We've just seen this past week how wins and losses when a team is down either saves or kills off a coach. The Vikings and Cowboys were prepared to lop off their coach going into Sunday's game. The Vikings miraculously come back and win, and save Childress' job for another week. Meanwhile, the Cowboys tank again, and Phillips is dumped.

The sooner we tank, the worse we tank, the faster we can start again, and begin to win consistently.

Or we just begin again and continue the same cycle.

I'll take good games and exciting wins in the short term and just let the chips fall where they may. No guarantee things get any better next season, with or without a new GM or Head Coach.

No guarantee there is a next season.

I'll hope for wins now.

I was hoping MadDog would respond to this.

Sorry, been away today. It is true that dumping Singletary may lead to the same cycle with another losing coach.

At the same time, it may lead to the jackpot. I am willing to take that shot, especially with so many successful winning coaches on the market.

In the meantime, I hope for continued embarrassment and dysfunction, to accelerate and force the hand of management. Nothing would be worse than to finish 6-10, 7-9 and management deciding to go with Singletary for another season....ala Mike Nolan. We have seen he is clearly over his head as the leader of a franchise...ala Mike Nolan.

We've just seen this past week how wins and losses when a team is down either saves or kills off a coach. The Vikings and Cowboys were prepared to lop off their coach going into Sunday's game. The Vikings miraculously come back and win, and save Childress' job for another week. Meanwhile, the Cowboys tank again, and Phillips is dumped.

The sooner we tank, the worse we tank, the faster we can start again, and begin to win consistently.

Or we just begin again and continue the same cycle.

I'll take good games and exciting wins in the short term and just let the chips fall where they may. No guarantee things get any better next season, with or without a new GM or Head Coach.

No guarantee there is a next season.

I'll hope for wins now.

I was hoping MadDog would respond to this.

Sorry, been away today. It is true that dumping Singletary may lead to the same cycle with another losing coach.

At the same time, it may lead to the jackpot. I am willing to take that shot, especially with so many successful winning coaches on the market.

In the meantime, I hope for continued embarrassment and dysfunction, to accelerate and force the hand of management. Nothing would be worse than to finish 6-10, 7-9 and management deciding to go with Singletary for another season....ala Mike Nolan. We have seen he is clearly over his head as the leader of a franchise...ala Mike Nolan.

It cant be pointless due to the fact these players still got 8 games left to play. The only thing that should change the minds of anyone in charge is a miracle happening.If sing can get these guys to keep playing and working to win then this is a team i want to watch next season. But one that gives up nope!!
Share 49ersWebzone