The Remainder of the 2010 Season is Pointless

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
You know why it's not pointless, MadDog?

A. Because true 49ers FANS always find something in their team to look forward to.

B. With 8 games remaining in the 2009 season we went 5-3 with a much more brutal schedule than we have this year.

C. We went 5-1 last year against the NFC West. We have 1 loss to the NFC West and 5 games remaining. Winning those 5 games is 100% doable. That means we just have to win 1 of the 3 games vs TB (home game), GB, and SD (primetime game, we always show up for those)

Side-note: The sad thing about you is that in order save face on your crow eating, you'll root for the 49ers to never achieve what is entirely possible.

I understand that you do not feel our mediocrity, drama, chaos, lack of organization, and utter disfunction is a big issue. I do.

When battery acid is in your mouth, you spit it out, and not hope that the taste changes.

Don't pay attention to the drama and the BS then. This is football so just watch the game. Don't give up on the season. Yeah, I talk s**t about A. Smith, but so what. I still cheer the other guys on and the team. We aren't out until we are out.

There have been plenty of dysfunctional teams that got it together and made a run. A change at QB will surely cut the turnovers down, which should lead us to victories in the close games we already lost.
2 games back with 8 games left and 5 division games. Plus we lost some games due to turnovers and piss poor O.

Lets see what T. Smith can do before you write off the season. Maybe A. Smith was the battery acid taste in our Kool Aid.

We also won both of our games "due to turnovers and piss poor O" from the other team. The bottom line is that this team is far too talented to play this poorly from week to week. The problems start at the top, and until that changes, this team will lose.

What makes you think Singletary will stay if we make the playoffs? The winner of this division could be a 7-9 49ers team.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

A. Because true 49ers FANS always find something in their team to look forward to.

B. With 8 games remaining in the 2009 season we went 5-3 with a much more brutal schedule than we have this year.

C. We went 5-1 last year against the NFC West. We have 1 loss to the NFC West and 5 games remaining. Winning those 5 games is 100% doable. That means we just have to win 1 of the 3 games vs TB (home game), GB, and SD (primetime game, we always show up for those)

Side-note: The sad thing about you is that in order save face on your crow eating, you'll root for the 49ers to never achieve what is entirely possible.

I understand that you do not feel our mediocrity, drama, chaos, lack of organization, and utter disfunction is a big issue. I do.

When battery acid is in your mouth, you spit it out, and not hope that the taste changes.

give me a break. You can root for the team and still be upset that it is mediocre. You can root for the team and hate the drama and chaos and lack of organization around and within it. You can root for the team and also hope that changes are made after the season.

And I'm not a doctor, but I don't think you should ever have batter acid in your mouth.

I am rooting for my team....to lose. Singletary is clearly clueless as a head coach, and unless the fans want a decade of 6-10, 7-9 teams, they have to demand a change. Losing forces change, so the more we lose, the faster the change.

Stop delaying the open heart surgery. Get it over with, and get healthy.

Once Singletary is booted, then I cheer for the team again....because it has a chance to succeed.

You are everything that is wrong with sports "fans". You are fair weather, no denying that. If they're not winning, you don't want any part of them. You disgust me.

You're aware that "rooting" for your team to win despite all of its incompetences makes the feeling of victory all the more great, right?

I mean just look the SF Giants. Years of terrible mismanagement and never winning, then bam we win it all. The single happiest day of my life following sports. Being there through all the adversity through countless years of hell made it all worth the wait.

You're clearly one of the spoiled 49ers fans who got their start as "fans" by following the winning Montana years and don't know how to adapt. Well you know what? Those years are long gone. Let it go. I don't want you following OUR team. We don't want you here when we do start winning. GTFO. You want to only follow winners? Fine go follow the Steelers and their great management that keeps a rapist as the head of their franchise. Boom!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Method:
I'm going to hope the 9ers make the playoffs, while watching them with a less-then-keen eye. I don't care anymore. I'm tired of this team, tired of the bulls**t from the second head coach in a row. Just tired of it. I'll watch, but I won't have any passion for this team anymore.

Yeah no more going out of my way to ensure I'm someplace to watch Niner games. If I'm available, I'm available. If not well then I'm just not.

You make me sick
im still gonna make my sundays available for the niners as always. u guys are a joke. when we start winning again we dont want you back.

give me a break. You can root for the team and still be upset that it is mediocre. You can root for the team and hate the drama and chaos and lack of organization around and within it. You can root for the team and also hope that changes are made after the season.

And I'm not a doctor, but I don't think you should ever have batter acid in your mouth.

I am rooting for my team....to lose. Singletary is clearly clueless as a head coach, and unless the fans want a decade of 6-10, 7-9 teams, they have to demand a change. Losing forces change, so the more we lose, the faster the change.

Once Singletary is booted, then I cheer for the team again....because it has a chance to succeed.

You are everything that is wrong with sports "fans". You are fair weather, no denying that. If they're not winning, you don't want any part of them. You disgust me.

You're aware that "rooting" for your team to win despite all of its incompetences makes the feeling of victory all the more great, right?

I mean just look the SF Giants. Years of terrible mismanagement and never winning, then bam we win it all. The single happiest day of my life following sports. Being there through all the adversity through countless years of hell made it all worth the wait.

You're clearly one of the spoiled 49ers fans who got their start as "fans" by following the winning Montana years and don't know how to adapt. Well you know what? Those years are long gone. Let it go. I don't want you following OUR team. We don't want you here when we do start winning. GTFO. You want to only follow winners? Fine go follow the Steelers and their great management that keeps a rapist as the head of their franchise. Boom!

Just to clarify how you feel about me, you state:
1) You are everything that is wrong with sports "fans".
2) You disgust me.
3) You're clearly one of the spoiled 49ers fans
4) and don't know how to adapt
5) I don't want you following OUR team
6) We don't want you here when we do start winning.
7) GTFO
8) You want to only follow winners
9) Boom

Am I missing anything, or is there anything else you would like to get off your chest?

Cheers.

2) You disgust me.
7) GTFO
9) Boom

Am I missing anything, or is there anything else you would like to get off your chest?

Cheers.

You missed "losing makes a winning season worth it", probably about #6ish.

2) You disgust me.
7) GTFO
9) Boom

Cheers.

Ya. Your big board rankings suck and your opinion of shaun hills sucks!

You're like the French. When something doesn't go your way, you bail.

Troll.
we just gotta get 7 wins, division winner will have 6-7 wins. book it.

put your money where your mouth is then and don't post on this forum again until Singletary is gone or we have a winner.

2) You disgust me.
7) GTFO
9) Boom

Cheers.

Troll.

Pwned by a noob.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

2) You disgust me.
7) GTFO
9) Boom

Cheers.

Troll.

Pwned by a noob.

The dude lives up to his name!
  • dj43
"Look Mom. They are all getting restless again."
  • dj43
I am going to enjoy the rest of the season because I love watching line play. This bunch should give me a lot to look at and analyze.

I am rooting for my team....to lose.
Singletary is clearly clueless as a head coach, and unless the fans want a decade of 6-10, 7-9 teams, they have to demand a change. Losing forces change, so the more we lose, the faster the change.

Sorry man, in no way can a fan ever justify that, at least in my eyes.

-9fA
Originally posted by dj43:
I am going to enjoy the rest of the season because I love watching line play. This bunch should give me a lot to look at and analyze.

Same here. I love the 49ers too much to just give them up when they lose. Even though they don't win as a team, I still look forward to other things to about individual players and even some coaches. For example, I've enjoyed every minute of watching Willis and Justin Smith play.

Heading into a game, there's always a story line that will have some at least somewhat jazzed to watch. Bottom line, 49er football is only available 16 out of 52 Sundays. I make them count while I can.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone