There are 277 users in the forums

Singletary calls Ohio St coach, Jim Tressel, asking about Troy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Boy, it is sure looking like BALT screwed up big time cutting Troy and only keeping 2 QBs - Flacco and Bulger - on the roster

1 game.

Once upon a time, 3/4 of the zone was excited about JTO.

-9fA

but Troy is black

so you know hes gonna be a baller for us

He's got an ego problem...#1 as a jersey number? ick

He does it to honor Moon.

dang people who respect people. man I cant stand that
I remember troy from his buckeye days...was never a fan, but hes obviously improved because....without ginn at ohio state, he shat down his leg lol

I wish him the best of luck as long as it doesnt save dingleberrys job
Boy, it is sure looking like BALT screwed up big time cutting Troy and only keeping 2 QBs - Flacco and Bulger - on the roster

1 game.

-9fA

but Troy is black

Here's the rest of the article. I don't know why its not working for some of you guys.

Quote:
When San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary began pondering who he'd start at QB last week, he picked up the phone.

Among the people Singletary called was Ohio State coach Jim Tressel, who mentored 2006 Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith.

Tressel got Singletary's voice mail and his mind raced.

"As a parent, I'm like, 'Ooh, what'd Troy do?'" he said.
But Smith was among the possibilities to be the starting QB for the 49ers when they played the Denver Broncos last weekend at Wembley Stadium in London.

"I didn't realize he was calling from London," Tressel said on Thursday. "I had no idea, and it was in the middle of the night for him. He said, 'Coach, I'm just contemplating a decision I have to make and I don't know as much about Troy as I'd like to and I'm calling around.'"

After Smith led the 49ers to a 24-16 victory, San Francisco QBs coach Mike Johnson called Tressel back.

"He said they went in a little bit conservative in the first half, knew Troy would be excited," Tressel said. "They got a 3-0 lead at the half and then in the second half, Mike said they went to their normal plan and he was 8 for 10 (passing). They were really pleased with what he did."

Tressel said he speaks with NFL coaches from time to time.

"Every once in a while if they have one of our guys and he's going through a tough time, you might get a call," Tressel said. "In Mike's case he was just in the midst of a real decision-making thing and he wanted to be sure."
I'm a big Michigan fan. So, my biggest memory of Troy was him lighting up my Wolverines in The Game in '06. The worst loss I've ever experienced as a football fan.

So obviously, it's tough to get the frustration of the Michigan D failing to tackle Troy, but I'm rooting for him the best that my maize and blue ass can. But it's one game people, lets just take it easy.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ohio-news/49ers-coach-calls-tressel-seeking-advice-on-smith-995075.html

Quote:
When San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary began pondering who he'd start at QB last week, he picked up the phone.

Among the people Singletary called was Ohio State coach Jim Tressel, who mentored 2006 Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith.

Tressel got Singletary's voice mail and his mind raced.

"As a parent, I'm like, 'Ooh, what'd Troy do?'" he said.

But Smith was among the possibilities to be the starting QB for the 49ers when they played the Denver Broncos last weekend at Wembley Stadium in London.

"I didn't realize he was calling from London," Tressel said on Thursday. "I had no idea, and it was in the middle of the night for him. He said, 'Coach, I'm just contemplating a decision I have to make and I don't know as much about Troy as I'd like to and I'm calling around.'"

The kid's a menace!

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

1 game.

-9fA

but Troy is black

this
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Hehehehe....

I love his #1 jersey.

Even though I watched Warren Moon beat us live on Christmas in '93.

1 game.

-9fA

but Troy is black

indeed. All you have to do is look at the Olympics.

-9fA
When I first saw the thread topic I said to my self " singletary is a clueless b*****d that doesn't have enough time bc he is lost to properly evaluate his own players.

But then I respected how Singletary as an NFL coach called a college coach to get insight is pretty baldy and an act of solidarity. That takes cojones to do and is best interest of team over ego.

Ps I hate singletary is still our coach at 2-6

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
When I first saw the thread topic I said to my self " singletary is a clueless b*****d that doesn't have enough time bc he is lost to properly evaluate his own players.

But then I respected how Singletary as an NFL coach called a college coach to get insight is pretty baldy and an act of solidarity. That takes cojones to do and is best interest of team over ego.

I hear ya, but when I read this..

"Coach, I'm just contemplating a decision I have to make and I don't know as much about Troy as I'd like to and I'm calling around."

I don't understand how our coaches seem to never know about our players...I've heard Sing say this on numerous occasions about different players, Raye say this over and over...and I believe even Mike Johnson.

its like they have no input into who we brought in....or they just don't really research when they first decide to get these guys or something.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I hear ya, but when I read this..

"Coach, I'm just contemplating a decision I have to make and I don't know as much about Troy as I'd like to and I'm calling around."

I don't understand how our coaches seem to never know about our players...I've heard Sing say this on numerous occasions about different players, Raye say this over and over...and I believe even Mike Johnson.

its like they have no input into who we brought in....or they just don't really research when they first decide to get these guys or something.

Totally thought exactly this when I saw the headline, but at the same time the NFL is fast paced and the college coach could give him some insight to help Smith. Strengths and weakness. But do we really want an NFL coach that needs to call college coaches the same week they start to " get to know how to coach them" ?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by susweel:

1 game.

-9fA

but Troy is black

He does it to honor Moon.

dang people who respect people. man I cant stand that

I was being sarcastic...jeez hahah

1 game.

-9fA

and, once upon a time, druckenmiller, dorsey, etc.........
troy's a baller's baller... when asked "what do you think about the rams' defense?" he replied, "do it be okay to kill it with fire?" "i'm hot b***h, i'm hot, peep out my lyrics!!!"

http://www.lyricsmania.com/i_wish_lyrics_skeelo.html
Share 49ersWebzone