LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Against the Rams, the 49ers are due....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Against the Rams, the 49ers are due....

The Rams are not pushovers anymore, if we win it will be a close one.
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Niners will lose........count on it..........Rams are playing better football.......Niners will play as usual not to lose and put the onus on the defense.....who in turn will give up massive yards to S. Jackson coupled with S. Bradford picking apart the secondary as Manusky rushes only four and plays soft coverage behind it.

24-10 Rams

You can stuff this one back into the magical crystal ball you pulled it out of, sorry but I couldnt disagree more, nut again, no real points here, just hater talk, if you could predict the outcome of games so well you could be a millionaire by the end of the season if you went to vegas, especially this season with all the parody, but naw, even if we do lose, it wont happen the way you predict

We shall see won't we......go drink some more of that "kool aid" a lot of you like.....this team is average.........VERY average.....borderline below average......and if you have watched ANY Niner games this year you know WTF I am talking about......and if not, you and everyone like you is in freakin' denial....
[ Edited by VA9erfan on Nov 4, 2010 at 6:16 AM ]
Niners will lose........count on it..........Rams are playing better football.......Niners will play as usual not to lose and put the onus on the defense.....who in turn will give up massive yards to S. Jackson coupled with S. Bradford picking apart the secondary as Manusky rushes only four and plays soft coverage behind it.

24-10 Rams

You can stuff this one back into the magical crystal ball you pulled it out of, sorry but I couldnt disagree more, nut again, no real points here, just hater talk, if you could predict the outcome of games so well you could be a millionaire by the end of the season if you went to vegas, especially this season with all the parody, but naw, even if we do lose, it wont happen the way you predict

We shall see won't we......go drink some more of that "kool aid" a lot of you like.....this team is average.........VERY average.....borderline below average......and if you have watched ANY Niner games this year you know WTF I am talking about......and if not, you and everyone like you is in freakin' denial....

Actually the guy does have a very good point. When (with all our talent) have we EVER played to win or blowout a team. Let's flip the coin.... and why don't YOU tell us when we DIDN'T let down and let the team crawl back in the game..??
and the denver game doesn't count because they DID crawl back in the game..lucky us for the hold penalty on the punt return.
Originally posted by tondiman:

24-10 Rams

Actually the guy does have a very good point. When (with all our talent) have we EVER played to win or blowout a team. Let's flip the coin.... and why don't YOU tell us when we DIDN'T let down and let the team crawl back in the game..??
and the denver game doesn't count because they DID crawl back in the game..lucky us for the hold penalty on the punt return.

I can't agree more! Every time we get up, we start playing not to lose. Sing does not and I repeat "DOES NOT" understand the concept of "going for the throat." As soon as we get up by any decent margin, he puts the offense on complete lockdown. You can almost count on it for every single game in which we have led. No way we ever have a game with more than 40 points with Sing at the helm.

Two great examples this year...
up on ATL 14-0, and we go into run mode
up on DEN 24-10 and he puts in Dixon to run 3 times in a row.

His concept of winning games does not include scoring lots of points, but relying on the D to stop the opposing offense. The problem? Our D rarely pulls through...
Ted Ginn has been close to breaking a KR for a TD that past few weeks. I predict he takes one back this game. Im gonna say he takes the opening kickoff for a TD
Originally posted by susweel:
Im guaranteeing a win against the Rams.......

Nothing is guaranteed in this league. I have a gut feeling that Bradford is going to tear the s**t out of our secondary. Who knows though?? Maybe Troy is a blessing in disguise. You know what teams I'll be watching closely this Sunday! I'm rooting for "the plan":

Quote:
Best case scenario after week 11:

Week 9 - Lambs and Niners Bye; Seachickens lose to Giants and AZ loses to Min.

Week 10 - Niners beat Lambs and Az beats the seachickens at home.

Week 11 - Niners beat Tampa Bay, Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans;

If that happens (cross your fingers) Records look like this:
Sea 4-6
Rams 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6

This would be a best case scenario and is definitely possible.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
They have much better coaches and QB. Rams win a relatively close game 27-17
I think those expecting we'll beat the Rams may be in for a rude awakening...I say that because they're a different team now. They have a young gun in Bradford...a top RB in Jackson, and a defense that's finally beginning to realize their potential. It won't be an easy game...not in the least. I hope we win...but it won't surprise me at all if the Rams beat us. If we don't get some real heat on Bradford and slow down Jackson, our supposedly good defense will have a long afternoon...
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Nothing is guaranteed in this league. I have a gut feeling that Bradford is going to tear the s**t out of our secondary. Who knows though?? Maybe Troy is a blessing in disguise. You know what teams I'll be watching closely this Sunday! I'm rooting for "the plan":

Quote:

Week 11 - Niners beat Tampa Bay, Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans;

Sea 4-6
Rams 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6

Bradford hasnt "torn the s**t" out of anybody this year. His last 3 games he hasnt even thrown for 200 yards in any of those games and hasnt topped 200 in 4 games total this year. He has had a QB rating of more than 90 just once

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=13197
Originally posted by valrod33:

Quote:

Sea 4-6
Rams 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6

Bradford hasnt "torn the s**t" out of anybody this year. His last 3 games he hasnt even thrown for 200 yards in any of those games and hasnt topped 200 in 4 games total this year. He has had a QB rating of more than 90 just once

yeah well He hasn't played against our secondary...........coupled with the non existent pass rush

I picked all!

I know the Rams have been playing well and do not look like the "same old sorry Rams," but this will be a statement game for us. We are home and fools will turn to Lamb Chops.

A repeat of what the Lions did to them when the Rams went to Detroit... coming right up.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I don't think we will beat the Rams.

They are 6th in the league in sacks (23) and allowing an opposing QB rating of 76.3.

Broncos are 29th in the league in sacks (9) and allowing an opposing QB rating of 93.6.

Their defense is 8th against the rush and 6th in points allowed.

They just picked up Michael Lewis, who knows our defense as well as anyone.

Not. Good.

Can we get a pick 6. Haven't seen one of those in a long time. Can a safety make an actual play this game.
...to embarass themselves again. After all, it will have been a long 3 weeks since the debacle in Carolina.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:51 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

Quote:

Sea 4-6
Rams 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6

Last 3 games:
Against SD- 1st overall pass defense = 87.8 Rating, 1TD, 0int
Against TB- 13th overall pass defense = 89.6 Rating, 2TD, 0int
Against CAR- 4th overall pass defense = 112.4 Rating, 2TD, 0int

As to topping 200 yards; Troy Smith didn't pass 200 either, yet he came home with a WIN. Sam Bradford has led the once-pathetic Rams to a 4-4 record and the kid looks good. Like I said before, don't be surprised if/when he rips us a new one.
Share 49ersWebzone