LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Ray McDonald: field goal blocking master

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How is he so good at this? It seems like on every field goal, he gets through the line and either blocks it, or comes close to blocking it.
Definitely gotta give him his props! He has a knack, for sure.
He seems to have a deff nack for it college and pros
Ya know, the one they gave him credit for last Sunday, he didn't even touch. That's how good this guy is...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Ya know, the one they gave him credit for last Sunday, he didn't even touch. That's how good this guy is...

I lol'd
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Definitely gotta give him his props! He has a knack, for sure.

This
i was going to mention this too. sometimes i get excited when the opponents have a long FG because i think MickyD's will block it

Does he have a long wingspan? That would certainly help.

Doesn't Manny Lawson have a few punt/FG blocks? I know he has at least one, but it seems like he has a couple?

The Force is strong with this one.

Originally posted by SolRebe1:

I lol'd

bats down passes too..just a smart heady player

Wasn't last week the first game we have won, after blocking a fg or extra point? I remember everytime we did it last year we lost, and didnt we do it against the saints/falcons this year? and lost?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Wasn't last week the first game we have won, after blocking a fg or extra point? I remember everytime we did it last year we lost, and didnt we do it against the saints/falcons this year? and lost?

He didn't block it against Denver. The kicker just shanked it badly. But ever since 2008 every time we blocked a kick we have lost the game. 2008 New York, Philly,2009 Minnesota and 2010 Atlanta.
[ Edited by Mike8016 on Nov 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Mike8016:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

He didn't block it against Denver. The kicker just shanked it badly. But ever since 2008 every time we blocked a kick we have lost the game. 2008 New York, Philly,2009 Minnesota and 2010 Atlanta.

manny blocked a punt in seattle in 2008, we won that game, but i think seattle actually picked up the fumble and got a first down off it
what about the blocked kick against the vikings last year?
RayMac is a beast
Share 49ersWebzone