LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

NFC West: 2.5 Games Back - 5 Divisional Games Left

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Originally posted by superman49er:
i was checking out our division's schedule over the remaining weeks:

week 9: us and stl have byes, seattle plays the giants, arizona plays minnesota.....both very probable losses
standings after week 9: SEA 4-4 STL 4-4 ARZ 3-5 SF 2-6

week 10: we play the rams, seattle and arizona play each other...if we win at home, and assuming seattle beats arizona:
SEA 5-4, STL 4-5, ARZ 3-6 SF 3-6

week 11: we play TB at home, rams get a visit from atlanta, seattle travels to NO, arz travels to KC....TB will have a tough time traveling across the country and win, all other west teams are looking at probable losses:

SEA 5-5, STL 4-6, SF 4-6, ARZ 3-7

week 12: we own arizona, sea plays KC at home, stl plays denver....everyone in our division except cards get a win (even though KC will be tough for seattle)
SEA 6-5, STL 5-6, SF 5-6, ARZ 3-8

week 13: we get a setback traveling to lambeau, seattle gets another win against carolina, rams beat cards:
SEA 7-5, STL 6-6, SF 5-7, ARZ 3-9

week 14: we get our revenge at home against seattle, saints beat the rams, we dont care about the cards anymore
SEA 7-6, SF 6-7, STL 6-7

week 15: falcons beat seattle, KC beats the rams....its hard to get a read on the chargers, but lets say conservatively we lose
SEA 7-7, SF 6-8, STL 6-8

week 16: we beat the rams again, seattle lose @ TB
SEA 7-8, SF 7-8, STL 6-9

week 17: seattle plays st louis, we play arizona, we win, the rams already beat the hawks earlier in the year, but regardless if we win here, we have a 5-1 record in the division and win!

SF 8-8 (5-1 in division) SEA 8-8 (4-2 in division)

its ugly, but does anyone think its impossible?? i still have hope

Championship!!!
Hoping this is the result, we won't get there unless mike just lets the team play. no more trying to run the clock out on the first drive of teh 2nd half.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

week 9: us and stl have byes, seattle plays the giants, arizona plays minnesota.....both very probable losses

week 10: we play the rams, seattle and arizona play each other...if we win at home, and assuming seattle beats arizona:

week 11: we play TB at home, rams get a visit from atlanta, seattle travels to NO, arz travels to KC....TB will have a tough time traveling across the country and win, all other west teams are looking at probable losses:

week 12: we own arizona, sea plays KC at home, stl plays denver....everyone in our division except cards get a win (even though KC will be tough for seattle)

week 13: we get a setback traveling to lambeau, seattle gets another win against carolina, rams beat cards:

week 14: we get our revenge at home against seattle, saints beat the rams, we dont care about the cards anymore
SEA 7-6, SF 6-7, STL 6-7

week 15: falcons beat seattle, KC beats the rams....its hard to get a read on the chargers, but lets say conservatively we lose
SEA 7-7, SF 6-8, STL 6-8

SEA 7-8, SF 7-8, STL 6-9

week 17: seattle plays st louis, we play arizona, we win, the rams already beat the hawks earlier in the year, but regardless if we win here, we have a 5-1 record in the division and win!

Championship!!!
Hoping this is the result, we won't get there unless mike just lets the team play. no more trying to run the clock out after the first drive of the first quarter.

fixed. Pretty much Singletary just needs to let them play football and stop playing his p***y ball.
i say we finish the season strong... save alex smith and dingletery's jobs... almost make the playoffs...

and then do it all over again next year!!!!!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Nah....it won't happen.

We've beaten the raiders who, though imroved, we have a good track record against and the Broncos, the only other team who happens to be as bad or worse than us.

Don't get your hopes up. If we couldn't win tight games against quality opponents 3 weeks ago I don't see reason why we would start now based off of one win versus a crappy team.
never never gonn get it
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
i say we finish the season strong... save alex smith and dingletery's jobs... almost make the playoffs...

and then do it all over again next year!!!!!

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

SEA 7-6, SF 6-7, STL 6-7

SEA 7-7, SF 6-8, STL 6-8

SEA 7-8, SF 7-8, STL 6-9

Championship!!!
Hoping this is the result, we won't get there unless mike just lets the team play. no more trying to run the clock out after the first drive of the first quarter.

fixed. Pretty much Singletary just needs to let them play football and stop playing his p***y ball.

lol first quarter.
We're going to just like the SF Giants. Superbowl!
This thread brought to you courtesy of Jed York.

P.S. Someone in this division is going to end up 8-8 or better, and the Niners have about a 1/1000 chance of finishing the final eight games of the season 6-2.

This season is toast. Stick a fork in us.
Originally posted by father49er:
We're going to just like the SF Giants. Superbowl!

Not a great comparison. Giants didn't have a sucky start to the season like we did.

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by BobS:
You think we have a "chance" to win the division, with Alex Smith to boot? I think you need a drug test.
leakyfausett
Veteran

Reply 282 of 305
Nov 1, 2010 at 16:28:51
Best case scenario after week 11

Week 9 Lambs and Niners Bye; Seachickens lose to Giants and AZ loses to Min.

Week 10 Niners beat Lambs and Az beats the seachickens at home.

Week 11 Niners beat Tampa ( yea I know) Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans; and the records look like this.

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6
Niners 4-6 This would be a best case fantasy case.

[ Edited by leakyfausett on Nov 1, 2010 at 16:36:09 ]
Edit
IP: Logged Browser: Logged

I posted this yesterday in the NFC west thread.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
leakyfausett
Veteran

Reply 282 of 305

Week 11 Niners beat Tampa ( yea I know) Az loses to KC on road; Rams lose to Atlanta; Seachickens lose to New Orleans; and the records look like this.

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6

Edit

wouldn't that put the 49ers above STL seems how in your scenario we beat them.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
leakyfausett
Veteran

Reply 282 of 305

Sea 4-6
Lambs 4-6
Az 4-6

Edit

wouldn't that put the 49ers above STL seems how in your scenario we beat them.

Yes it would but I just listed them randomly not were they would be seeded. Just the fact if this were to happen they would all be 4-6
I was just watching ESPN tonight... The NFC West is bad! They said that the combined point differential through 10 weeks for the NFC West is -232 points! Next closest division is the NFC South at -3!

Share 49ersWebzone