LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

NFC West: 2.5 Games Back - 5 Divisional Games Left

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zaro49er:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
"Singletary says the team bonded in London."

Why are you listening to Singletary? The players tuned him out weeks ago.

The rest of 2010 is now all about the future beyond this season. Alex Smith is not in that picture, so why should he play again this year?

But it isn't just that Singletary said it, so did the players. And you are right, A. Smith is not in the picture for 2010 nor 2011 given how T. Smith performs. I think that the players will take more control like voicing their displeasure with the conservative play calling like they did in London.

I just want a better product on the field for the rest of the season and maybe a chance at the playoff IF we start winning games.

But one thing is for certain and I feel it: Singletary and Alex will NOT be back next year and you can take that to the bank!

I hope that T. Smith does well enough to provide leadership through the QB ranks. I am sure Troy would be an excellent Mentor to N. Davis and the new rook QB.

I just feel that's the direction will be going next year and say good bye to Alex Smith and David Carr.

Thank goodness and good riddance.

Now, we simply focus one game at a time with Troy at the helm.

At the very minimum, he's so fun too watch!

He's fun to watch??? Was it fun to watch him pretty much do nothing the 1st half of the game??? To heave a pass up in the air and luckily be caught by Delanie???

If that's all you got...then Alex really needs to be back in there.....Fine, you hate Alex....but that doesn't mean he can't win with this team....you'll prob be the 1st one on here next year saying look at Alex ripping it up with WHATEVER team....just like the morons who keep looking at what Shaun Hill is doing.....

NINERS4LIFE!

First of all, the pass was genius and something that Alex would never have even attempted. We were losing and looking like we were heading down the same road we have gone down so many times this season. The ball was thrown to man on man coverage to a taller more athletic guy. Even if it had been intercepted, it was DEEP in Broncos territory. Got to take some calculated risks to get rewards . . . especially when you are 1-6 . . . which we were. I am buying a ticket on the Troy Smith Express. . . . no need for me to see any more of Alex this year . . . or ever, unless he is starting on a team we are playing against.
You can be fanatical about your team without being delusional.

Originally posted by John-ATL:
All I see on this board is that our season is lost.

What kind of fans are you?

If we stay with Alex Smith, who knows the whole playbook and continues to improve, we have a shot at this.

Singletary said the team bonded in London, then they won, and now we get rest on our Bye.

Then we play an OVERRATED Rams team.

Greenbay and SD are the toughest left on our schedule. We can beat both teams.

Our CB's are playing solid. Mays and Goldson are the only week links on the defense.

Alex Smith will get healthy and lead our team. The season isnt over yet.

*I'm not against Troy Smith. I watched the game and he scrambled better than Alex, but other than that, he does not have the same talent.
Originally posted by zaro49er:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
"Singletary says the team bonded in London."

Why are you listening to Singletary? The players tuned him out weeks ago.

The rest of 2010 is now all about the future beyond this season. Alex Smith is not in that picture, so why should he play again this year?

But it isn't just that Singletary said it, so did the players. And you are right, A. Smith is not in the picture for 2010 nor 2011 given how T. Smith performs. I think that the players will take more control like voicing their displeasure with the conservative play calling like they did in London.

I just want a better product on the field for the rest of the season and maybe a chance at the playoff IF we start winning games.

But one thing is for certain and I feel it: Singletary and Alex will NOT be back next year and you can take that to the bank!

I hope that T. Smith does well enough to provide leadership through the QB ranks. I am sure Troy would be an excellent Mentor to N. Davis and the new rook QB.

I just feel that's the direction will be going next year and say good bye to Alex Smith and David Carr.

Thank goodness and good riddance.

Now, we simply focus one game at a time with Troy at the helm.

At the very minimum, he's so fun too watch!

He's fun to watch??? Was it fun to watch him pretty much do nothing the 1st half of the game??? To heave a pass up in the air and luckily be caught by Delanie???

If that's all you got...then Alex really needs to be back in there.....Fine, you hate Alex....but that doesn't mean he can't win with this team....you'll prob be the 1st one on here next year saying look at Alex ripping it up with WHATEVER team....just like the morons who keep looking at what Shaun Hill is doing.....

NINERS4LIFE!

Woah there son! Don't need to get all worked up and getting those panties in a bunch.

Morons? Is that all I got? I hate Smith? Be the first one saying look at Alex?

You don't know me and assume a great deal.

And yes, Troy is fun to watch just like laughing at your post. I would spend the time to argue your points, but frankly your rude and not worth it.

Good day.
  • dj43

If we stay with Alex Smith, who knows the whole playbook and continues to improve, we have a shot at this.

Singletary said the team bonded in London, then they won, and now we get rest on our Bye.

Our CB's are playing solid. Mays and Goldson are the only week links on the defense.

*I'm not against Troy Smith. I watched the game and he scrambled better than Alex, but other than that, he does not have the same talent.
Beating the Rams twice, including once in their house, is not a very likely scenario. Their defense is very good and the offense is much improved under Pat Shurmur. Hopefully out DBs will be able to defend their weak WRs.

I'll be happy is they win 5 of the remaining games...period.
We're still in it (yeah, I said it).

Check out the NFC West schedule for the next 3 games. Our rivals have a pretty tough schedule ahead of them. We got 2 home games and a tough road game vs. the Cards but I think it can be done.

SEA | 4-3 record | NY, @ARI, @NO
STL | 4-4 record | @SF, ATL, @DEN
ARI | 3-4 record | @MIN, SEA, @KC
SF | 2-6 record | STL, TB, @ARI

Alex comes back, gets injured again, we make it to the superbowl, Troy Smith gets injured in the last 2 minutes, Alex comes in and wins the game?

Yeah I see where your coming from.

lol But honestly, I actually agree with you. I'm cool with Alex because I think he can lead this team, its just he makes vital mistakes that happen at the worst of times...

He has the capabilities, and just has to get his rhythm going and then all the Alexcuses will be gone.
i was checking out our division's schedule over the remaining weeks:

week 9: us and stl have byes, seattle plays the giants, arizona plays minnesota.....both very probable losses
standings after week 9: SEA 4-4 STL 4-4 ARZ 3-5 SF 2-6

week 10: we play the rams, seattle and arizona play each other...if we win at home, and assuming seattle beats arizona:
SEA 5-4, STL 4-5, ARZ 3-6 SF 3-6

week 11: we play TB at home, rams get a visit from atlanta, seattle travels to NO, arz travels to KC....TB will have a tough time traveling across the country and win, all other west teams are looking at probable losses:

SEA 5-5, STL 4-6, SF 4-6, ARZ 3-7

week 12: we own arizona, sea plays KC at home, stl plays denver....everyone in our division except cards get a win (even though KC will be tough for seattle)
SEA 6-5, STL 5-6, SF 5-6, ARZ 3-8

week 13: we get a setback traveling to lambeau, seattle gets another win against carolina, rams beat cards:
SEA 7-5, STL 6-6, SF 5-7, ARZ 3-9

week 14: we get our revenge at home against seattle, saints beat the rams, we dont care about the cards anymore
SEA 7-6, SF 6-7, STL 6-7

week 15: falcons beat seattle, KC beats the rams....its hard to get a read on the chargers, but lets say conservatively we lose
SEA 7-7, SF 6-8, STL 6-8

week 16: we beat the rams again, seattle lose @ TB
SEA 7-8, SF 7-8, STL 6-9

week 17: seattle plays st louis, we play arizona, we win, the rams already beat the hawks earlier in the year, but regardless if we win here, we have a 5-1 record in the division and win!

SF 8-8 (5-1 in division) SEA 8-8 (4-2 in division)

its ugly, but does anyone think its impossible?? i still have hope
and one more thing, I made a post similar to yours a couple weeks back and made the mistake of looking too far ahead.

You've got to consider whats happened so far in our games and how we've looked past certain teams, (Panthers for example) and so I'm saying you should look at it one game at a time so that if we lose an easy one, you won't lose all hope about the rest of the season, rather you'll think that it was just one game, and the next one is another opportunity.

Hope that makes sense, just a little something I thought about.
Originally posted by superman49er:
i was checking out our division's schedule over the remaining weeks:

week 9: us and stl have byes, seattle plays the giants, arizona plays minnesota.....both very probable losses
standings after week 9: SEA 4-4 STL 4-4 ARZ 3-5 SF 2-6

week 10: we play the rams, seattle and arizona play each other...if we win at home, and assuming seattle beats arizona:
SEA 5-4, STL 4-5, ARZ 3-6 SF 3-6

week 11: we play TB at home, rams get a visit from atlanta, seattle travels to NO, arz travels to KC....TB will have a tough time traveling across the country and win, all other west teams are looking at probable losses:

SEA 5-5, STL 4-6, SF 4-6, ARZ 3-7

week 12: we own arizona, sea plays KC at home, stl plays denver....everyone in our division except cards get a win (even though KC will be tough for seattle)
SEA 6-5, STL 5-6, SF 5-6, ARZ 3-8

week 13: we get a setback traveling to lambeau, seattle gets another win against carolina, rams beat cards:
SEA 7-5, STL 6-6, SF 5-7, ARZ 3-9

week 14: we get our revenge at home against seattle, saints beat the rams, we dont care about the cards anymore
SEA 7-6, SF 6-7, STL 6-7

week 15: falcons beat seattle, KC beats the rams....its hard to get a read on the chargers, but lets say conservatively we lose
SEA 7-7, SF 6-8, STL 6-8

week 16: we beat the rams again, seattle lose @ TB
SEA 7-8, SF 7-8, STL 6-9

week 17: seattle plays st louis, we play arizona, we win, the rams already beat the hawks earlier in the year, but regardless if we win here, we have a 5-1 record in the division and win!

SF 8-8 (5-1 in division) SEA 8-8 (4-2 in division)

its ugly, but does anyone think its impossible?? i still have hope

Me likey and the bold is funny.
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
the Pump-fake: something that Troy Smith has and ALEX Smith doesn't

Nice. Still think we can do it

If Seattle loses this Sunday to the Giants we will only be 2 games back. It's sad becuase I really love my Niners but we will never go anywhere until Singletary leaves and we get a franchise QB.
  • dj43
Originally posted by miked1978:
If Seattle loses this Sunday to the Giants we will only be 2 games back. It's sad becuase I really love my Niners but we will never go anywhere until Singletary leaves and we get a franchise QB.

We don't need a FRANCHISE QB. I'll settle for one with a consistent low 90s rating. That is enough to win. Even an 88 (Eli Manning) would do. Only 10 QBs in the league are a 90+ and that includes Matt Cassell and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

However, I see no future with Singletary as HC.
This thread is bringing my hopes hope a little, but every year I buy into this thread the Niners fail.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's going to be tough, our division games are no longer gimme's and we have tough games against the Packers, Chargers and the improved Bucs.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 2, 2010 at 3:38 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
This thread is bringing my hopes hope a little, but every year I buy into this thread the Niners fail.

ya dude, in other seasons I would have faith...but this years team is not playing like a team. We cant get the basics down because our coaching is overwhelmed and clueless. We have NO game planning other than making changes after we fall behind in the game...and even then its not enough.

I am enjoying Troy Smith though, as much as I would have bet on his failure...he looks much better than Alex (who I've supported and liked until this last failure to lead our offense)

Here's looking forward to the Draft and a new coaching staff
Share 49ersWebzone