LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

The niners made a waiver claim [on LB Gibson]

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
And I will have nightmares for the rest of the year of Kevin Kolb faking him out with a pump fake, past the line of scrimmage.

Fifteen yards past the line of scrimmage. My god that was a bad, bad, bad play.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by susweel:
actually seems like an okay move. another potential replacement for Haralson. But we really need another ILB. Bowman should not be getting the amount of snaps that he's getting.

But Sing said that Bowman reminds him of Patrick Willis.

Bowman reminds me of Patrick Willis too: he reminds me that Patrick Willis is a lot better than he is.
lol

and we wouldnt be seeing that much of bowman, if mckillop hadn't got hurt. Bowman needs some serious work.

yeah. I like Bowman long-term, but he's just not good enough yet. Losing McKillop really f**ked up our depth--he was better last year than Bowman is this year--and we haven't done anything to address it. Kind of annoying.

Yeah, i can see taht bowman will be good, but right now his blown tackles are killer. He missed 2-3 during the game yesterday on d, and maybe another 2-3 on special teams.

And I will have nightmares for the rest of the year of Kevin Kolb faking him out with a pump fake, past the line of scrimmage.

oh, god, every time I think about that I want to kill a kitten.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Someone is either injured, or going to get lopped off. Could this be the end of Haralson? It appears Manny, Brooks and LaBoy are the main forces on the outside now.

Injuries could be one thing.

Or maybe Balke really liked this guy and thought of him as an insurance policy for next year. Gibson is a similar player to Manny Lawson and could take his place when/if Manny leaves via free agency.

Some food for thought.
Does that ruin our chances of getting a Merriman or Moss? Don't you move to the back of the line if your request is fulfilled?
Heitmann was put on waivers to make room for Gibson
Originally posted by valrod33:

Yikes, that's daring. What happens if Baas goes down?
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Heitmann is hurt, why would they keep him active? tony Wragge is the backup
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Heitmann is hurt, why would they keep him active? tony Wragge is the backup

Thanks, valrod. I forgot he hurt his neck after coming back.
What about Shawne Merriman when he is available?
Originally posted by contrarios:
What about Shawne Merriman when he is available?

when he is healthy

I aint gonna lie, besides clements, why do we always go after these nobody's.

I mean he's probably not a nobody, but no one that im thinking of really making a difference.

Just out of curiosity, who finds these players that we continue to pick up with no names.

I mean after the Westbrook signing, i thought we'd make more big moves, but I mean we hardly use him, so maybe it does make since to get guys that may only see the field every once in a while.

If anything, any proven passrushers out there, besides Merriman.
JasonLaCanfora

As Jay Glazer reported. Shawne Merriman scheduled for exit physical w/Chargers. If he passes he goes and would clear/be claimed 4pm Wed

Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I aint gonna lie, besides clements, why do we always go after these nobody's.

I mean he's probably not a nobody, but no one that im thinking of really making a difference.

Just out of curiosity, who finds these players that we continue to pick up with no names.

I mean after the Westbrook signing, i thought we'd make more big moves, but I mean we hardly use him, so maybe it does make since to get guys that may only see the field every once in a while.

If anything, any proven passrushers out there, besides Merriman.

We have a better personnel man than we have had before:

So far these guys have been good for us:

Troy Smith
CJ Spillman
I did a little research on the Steelers forums and they seemed really high on gibson. They are dumbfounded why he got cut over players like randle el and arnaz battle. The kid was a 4th round pick with near 1st round athleticism and upside. He just never got on the field behind some other DEs at OU. Gibson is signed for the league minimum so this is a low risk high reward kind of move. I don't think anyone can argue anyone drafts 3-4 OLB better than the Steelers. If you cant beat em. But I am with everyone else, still SIGN MERRIMEN!!
[ Edited by cloudnine on Nov 2, 2010 at 11:29 AM ]
With Vernon Davis' bad ankle, and the late game fatigue showed by Mays, the club needs to get both Delanie Walker and Mays off the ST crew. Gibson, as an OLB, should have good ST value.

The Niners have done well in the past, picking-up late or mid-season cuts from the Steelers. Both Dwayne Board and Brent Jones come to mind.

Heitmann's NFL career might not be over, but his Niner career is over. Baas gets re-signed as a Center. Tony Wragge breathes easier for the balance of 2010, and Adam Snyder gets more OT at Center in 2011 TC.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Nov 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone