Sense of optimism in the locker room?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well one thing i did find strange, and it was with VD as well.

I dont remember which article, but it said something about when T.Smith was adressing the team after the win, that not just Alex, but VD stood in the back as well, and had more of a dont care look on his face with no smile, and didnt join in the huddle.

Anything to really get concerned about, no i dont think soo, but I would like if anyone has got any quotes on how the O feels. I mean we heard T. Spikes say some things, but not really anyone on the O. I mean i swore that by now, Crabs, Morgan, Gore, VD, or someone on the starting O, besides D. Walker, say anything about the offense or the QB change.

I think they are still on the fence if Troy fails Alex bandwagon starts, Troy shines again... then, well you know

I think Crabs is all for Troy. do you think he would celebrate with smith like that? I'm just judging body language, i could be wrong.

Chest bumping!!!!!!!!!!! Leadership!!!!!!1

I noted that after the game also. That celebration, I thought was something special.

I was joking.

I'm not. When the last time Alex celebreated like that? Those little instances are what build camaraderie

I dont remember which article, but it said something about when T.Smith was adressing the team after the win, that not just Alex, but VD stood in the back as well, and had more of a dont care look on his face with no smile, and didnt join in the huddle.

Anything to really get concerned about, no i dont think soo, but I would like if anyone has got any quotes on how the O feels. I mean we heard T. Spikes say some things, but not really anyone on the O. I mean i swore that by now, Crabs, Morgan, Gore, VD, or someone on the starting O, besides D. Walker, say anything about the offense or the QB change.

I think they are still on the fence if Troy fails Alex bandwagon starts, Troy shines again... then, well you know

I think Crabs is all for Troy. do you think he would celebrate with smith like that? I'm just judging body language, i could be wrong.

I noted that after the game also. That celebration, I thought was something special.

I was joking.

I'm not. When the last time Alex celebreated like that? Those little instances are what build camaraderie

Dude, you've been watching too much Brett Favre.
It goes to show just how sad things are in niner land. We are getting excited about a guy who was 3rd string with the Ravens and was cut. My guess would be a back up on any other team or lower.

Watching the game from London, did you get excited about Troy Smith? Really. We like him because.... he makes throws off his back foot that could have been intercepted 9 out of 10 times?

The niners have done a GREAT job of becoming irrelevant yet again. IF we make it to the playoffs actually scares me more than anything. Because my fear is that the management of this team will tell us see we told you we could, as we are 8 - 8 or 7-9 or 6 - 10. Will you be excited as they try to lecture us about how their dam structure is so effective because they made it to the Playoffs. Please

I was joking.

Yeah i gotta say, celebrating is way overrated. The main one i remember was Shaun Hill, after a TD, he'd jump up in the air, run into the huddle, and all that. And he still wound up being put on the bench, then shipped out.

Someone even said Gore check, now correct me if im wrong, Gore was a big Smith supporter as well, and spoke about him, just like VD. At least thats what i remember.

I was joking.

Yeah i gotta say, celebrating is way overrated. The main one i remember was Shaun Hill, after a TD, he'd jump up in the air, run into the huddle, and all that. And he still wound up being put on the bench, then shipped out.

Someone even said Gore check, now correct me if im wrong, Gore was a big Smith supporter as well, and spoke about him, just like VD. At least thats what i remember.

Well, I was speaking from personal experience being on a competitive team for a few years. Those celebrations were things that we enjoyed, and after, would remember it and talk about it. It all helped with our team chemistry. It honestly did.

As far as Gore, he' still an Alex supporter, but he also praised Troy in the post game press conference.

I noted that after the game also. That celebration, I thought was something special. They both were so excited about it. It was great to see.

Teammate approval: Delanie, check. Crabtree, check. Takeo, check. Gore, check. The only one who hasn't really said anything was VD, who is also a big Alex supporter.

i am pretty sure VD will say the right thing or something like this - "I believe we should rally behind whomever is starting"..........................Go 9ers
Originally posted by mike49ersgo:
It goes to show just how sad things are in niner land. We are getting excited about a guy who was 3rd string with the Ravens and was cut. My guess would be a back up on any other team or lower.

Watching the game from London, did you get excited about Troy Smith? Really. We like him because.... he makes throws off his back foot that could have been intercepted 9 out of 10 times?

The niners have done a GREAT job of becoming irrelevant yet again. IF we make it to the playoffs actually scares me more than anything. Because my fear is that the management of this team will tell us see we told you we could, as we are 8 - 8 or 7-9 or 6 - 10. Will you be excited as they try to lecture us about how their dam structure is so effective because they made it to the Playoffs. Please

how many times did Troy get intercepted?

Im on the 1to15 bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!

I think the players just want to win.
Why wouldn't there be? We're 2-7 and 2 games out of 1st place? Not sure I've ever seen a div like this? But, I'll take it considering our 1st half (season) circumstances.

It's not how you start in this biz - it's how you finish!

we are not 2-7
Originally posted by valrod33:
we are not 2-7

lolololo
mergy merge?
OMG, we're not? That makes me feel so much better, valrod! We're still 2 games out of 1st place aren't we?
Originally posted by mike49ersgo:

You must be on a FAULT finding mission! It's pretty evident that you're NOT a Troy Smith supporter. "TUNNEL VISION" !

What most people saw was a QB making a good account of himself. He was NOT consistently throwing high passes, passes behind the receivers, throwing the ball away when he felt some heat and NO interception.

Most important of all ... HE managed to get the team down in the FOURTH quarter and scored POINTS.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that one could have been intercepted but several? Like I said "Tunnel Vision"!

One game DOESN'T make all, but from what most folks saw ... He performed damned well!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone