There are 147 users in the forums

This was more skill than luck!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
seven pages...?

Well, Jedi are rad.

Give me your honest opinion. In a fight with both arms tied behind their backs, who wins... a Jedi or Chuck Norris?

Yeah... thought so.

Pwnt.

lol. I sat here for a minute or so trying to come up with a witty response, but I just can't. pwnt indeed.
Originally posted by mayo49:
At least he put the ball in play. If that was Alex he would have thrown it out of bounds. At least Troy made something happen.

under thrown or over thrown is what he did most of the time
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

lol. I sat here for a minute or so trying to come up with a witty response, but I just can't. pwnt indeed.

Woohoo!

Wodwo - 1

HessianDud - 0

With that, I quit while I'm ahead. It's time for bed. To rest my head. I'm quite well read. Might pee instead.
his good luck/demeanor or whatever, along with his abilities already lifted the team's spirit!
Troy Smith has a fast connection between mind and body. He reacts rather than analyzing the situation. Does he have the tools to win in this league? We'll find out soon enough.
video not available
Just saw it and the first thing that came to my mind was how Troy Smith rolled right like Alex Smith but instead of giving up on the play and throwing it away, he got some cojones and made a huge play!!

Props to Smith and Walker
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Just saw it and the first thing that came to my mind was how Troy Smith rolled right like Alex Smith but instead of giving up on the play and throwing it away, he got some cojones and made a huge play!!

He also threw a pump fake another time to distract the pass rusher and was able to buy a little more time for another very nice completion. I forgot who it was to.

This directly points to poise and ability to use the defense against itself. He also showed solid pocket presence.
Originally posted by ttime1:
Look He direct Walker to go deeper and put the ball on the money!!!! Where no defender could catch it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bbfa07/Delanie-Walker-38-yard-catch

ttime didn't you mention something about Troy hitting him in stride? STFU dude, it was more luck than anything.
Originally posted by Joecool:

He also threw a pump fake another time to distract the pass rusher and was able to buy a little more time for another very nice completion. I forgot who it was to.

This directly points to poise and ability to use the defense against itself. He also showed solid pocket presence.

Yes it was a play to Crabtree near the sideline. The ball was underthrown but Crabtree made a great play on the ball. I like Troy's pocket presence and escapability. I can't wait to see what he can do with more time as the starter.

Watching the replay it really looks like he's directing Ginn towards the middle of the endzone and under throws it badly. Luckily Walker made huge play to get the ball.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Boy, is Ozzie Newsome dumb. He drafted the guy, went through three training camps with him, had him play in some regular season games and he could not recognize the great talent of this guy. You would think he would have at least kept him as his #2 or #3 QB. Wow, Newsome you don't know how to evaluate talent. And neither did the GMs of 30 other teams when Newsome cut him. But you couldn't fool our personnel people. Aren't we happy we are fans of the brilliant 49ers. If you don't believe me, ask our genius fans who are unmatched when it comes to recognizing talent.

This might be the best post in the history of the WZ.
the koolaid flows strongly in this thread
ttime I'm still wondering how you came to the conclusion that during the play some how Troy hit Walker in stride. Can you please let us know how in the world that happened on this play and why you are even talking about football when you don't really know what you are talking about. Just saying.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Look He direct Walker to go deeper and put the ball on the money!!!! Where no defender could catch it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bbfa07/Delanie-Walker-38-yard-catch

ttime didn't you mention something about Troy hitting him in stride? STFU dude, it was more luck than anything.

Hah! I know that it is beyond your mental capacity to recognize when a player makes a play, my man, as opposed to simply luck. I mean, like all of us, you have been accustomed to roll-right and throw it out of bounds. So when a player uses skill to avoid a sack, then directs his teammate to go deeper and drops the ball in between two pro-bowl defenders where only his man can catch it, your brain dcan't register it. I understand, man. Anything beyond your norm is luck. LOL...OK.
Share 49ersWebzone