There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This was more skill than luck!!!!

Look He direct Walker to go deeper and put the ball on the money!!!! Where no defender could catch it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bbfa07/Delanie-Walker-38-yard-catch
el oh freaking el
Originally posted by ttime1:
Look He direct Walker to go deeper and put the ball on the money!!!! Where no defender could catch it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bbfa07/Delanie-Walker-38-yard-catch

...while falling backwards and off his back leg!
Looking at it now. I think he was directing Ginn across the endzone and then severely under-threw him
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,490
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Look He direct Walker to go deeper and put the ball on the money!!!! Where no defender could catch it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bbfa07/Delanie-Walker-38-yard-catch

...while falling backwards and off his back leg!

With two defenders in position to make a play but just timed it poorly!
It was a great play by Delanie Walker. He deserves a lot of credit for this IMO. A jump ball and he made the proper adjustments while it was in the air.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Look He direct Walker to go deeper and put the ball on the money!!!! Where no defender could catch it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bbfa07/Delanie-Walker-38-yard-catch

...while falling backwards and off his back leg!

With two defenders in position to make a play but just timed it poorly!

Yep two pro-bowl defenders making a bad play while a team mate misses a sack and the ball falls only where Walker could catch it although its being thrown to Ginn who is at least ten yards away. Makes no difference that his college highligts are filled with simular types of plays. The football Gods just took control of the ball; just like Montana to Clark and delivered for the 49ers!!!
with concern to troy smith he earned a start vs rams...but remember this was just 1 game...vs a bronco defense that gave up 59 pts the week before and was missing 5 defensive contributors....and ozzie newsome doesnt make too many mistakes and he let troy go
Originally posted by hofer36:
with concern to troy smith he earned a start vs rams...but remember this was just 1 game...vs a bronco defense that gave up 59 pts the week before and was missing 5 defensive contributors....and ozzie newsome doesnt make too many mistakes and he let troy go

Well, Troy beat the only team he was facing. With a team that has only managed one win. And without much of a contribution from VD.

One step at a time.
The big bomb play was just lucky as hell. That could be an interception 9 out of 10 times. He really floated it up there and off his back foot and the throw was late. It was just a miracle it got completed. If he throws like that in future weeks there will be interceptions.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Looking at it now. I think he was directing Ginn across the endzone and then severely under-threw him

well if you believe troy's post game presser, he noted that it was to delanie
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Looking at it now. I think he was directing Ginn across the endzone and then severely under-threw him

well if you believe troy's post game presser, he noted that it was to delanie

surrrree it was
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,149
At least he put the ball in play. If that was Alex he would have thrown it out of bounds. At least Troy made something happen.
Originally posted by hofer36:
with concern to troy smith he earned a start vs rams...but remember this was just 1 game...vs a bronco defense that gave up 59 pts the week before and was missing 5 defensive contributors....and ozzie newsome doesnt make too many mistakes and he let troy go

Its not like they give up 59 pts a week. But your dead on about Ozzie but maybe he didn't feel a need for Smith since they picked up Bulger.
Originally posted by mayo49:
At least he put the ball in play. If that was Alex he would have thrown it out of bounds. At least Troy made something happen.

B.S. That was a terrible pass and Alex has made his fair share of them. We (Troy) got lucky, and I'll take it. But lets call a spade a spade, that was a terrible pass that we got lucky with.