There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

play calling on our last drive with the game on the line

Originally posted by bigmike55:
The one that stood out to me most was the 2nd and goal at the 1 or 2 yard line, Fullback dive up the gut with Moron Norris.

I know Frank scored the following play, but c'mon mann! Wasted play, wasted down. Moron Norris should never, I'll repeat.. NEVER be involved in our offensive gameplan. The guy is a mediocre blocker, at best.

He needs to go after this season. I'm sure there are plenty of young fullbacks/tightends/H-backs that could contribute waaay more than he does.

BOO Moron Norris! BOO him!!

I am so tired of him getting stood up, blown up and torn up. He sucks and Gore needs to rid himself of his goofy security blanket turned millstone.
Singletary is such a p***y! when ever he has any kind of a lead he wants to play it safe and run the ball on every play. For those of you who watched the SNF game last night did you see that play call when Bree's throw the TD pass when the game was pretty much over. I wish we had a coach with balls.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Singletary is such a p***y! when ever he has any kind of a lead he wants to play it safe and run the ball on every play. For those of you who watched the SNF game last night did you see that play call when Bree's throw the TD pass when the game was pretty much over. I wish we had a coach with balls.

I'm not a Sing supporter, but to his credit, he had a QB with his first start and first practice this week, didn't know the playbook, and our team is known to turn the ball over.

Sean Peyton had, well, a championship team led by Drew Brees
Originally posted by FourNine49:

I'm not a Sing supporter, but to his credit, he had a QB with his first start and first practice this week, didn't know the playbook, and our team is known to turn the ball over.

Sean Peyton had, well, a championship team led by Drew Brees

Yeah but Sing has been like this this since he took over as HC
most singletary bashers come from the power of suggestion put forth by the teenage and preteen fans on this board.

even the rain and the swirling wind is singletarys fault..........justin smith ....legcramp...........singltarys fault.........manusky shaved his goatee because singletary told him to.............

no more Alex smith....alot more troy smith

U headcoach bashing bafoonaries are gonna eat crow a*****e...but just remember I, allknowing have never waivered on this man.

WE JUST NEEDED TO FIND THE RIGHT FORMULA!!! i like this kind of party.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Originally posted by ALL-KNOWING:
most singletary bashers come from the power of suggestion put forth by the teenage and preteen fans on this board.

even the rain and the swirling wind is singletarys fault..........justin smith ....legcramp...........singltarys fault.........manusky shaved his goatee because singletary told him to.............

U headcoach bashing bafoonaries are gonna eat crow a*****e...but just remember I, allknowing have never waivered on this man.

WE JUST NEEDED TO FIND THE RIGHT FORMULA!!! i like this kind of party.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

We are 2-6 with your great head coach.
Originally posted by susweel:

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

we won i will take a win anyway i could get one mike singletary is just old fashion conservative it almost cost us a win if block in back had not been called on broncos eddie royal ran punt back for td all they wouldve needed was a 2pt conversion to tie game the call that really frustrated me was run on 3 and 7 when we were trying to nurse 3 point lead thats too conservative u have got to throw on 3 and 7 and right after that broncos hit lloyd deep and tebow ran in td 7-3 lead for broncos i was mad as hell but the 21 point fourth quarter made up for it thats our highest scoring quarter this season we need to throw earlier petal to the metal we finally have a real franchise qb trust him to make the play on 3 and 7 come on man
  • Envy
  • Veteran
It was typical Singletary.

Or Singletarian in its execution.
When this team wins it is IN SPITE OF the coach, not because of it! The play calling (Dixon up the gut) to burn out the clock? Are you F-ing kidding? WOW the worst!
Originally posted by Shaj:
great game, but that last drive reminded me of Mooch... playing not to lose instead of putting a dagger in the heart when you have a lead late in the game. Very conservative and anything but "fysical". And what's with playing Anthony Dixon as if it was garbage time?

It's like watching an idiot play Madden isn't it?
Its not even about Singletary anymore. You're just not comfortable rooting for a run based team. You don't mind Gore getting 100 yards a game, as long as its between 15 and 19 carries a game.

You don't mind Gore running up the middle, as long as its for 80 yard plays.

It's pretty obvious that the idea of a win is not as appealing as watching a dynamic high flying offense. I'm pretty sure there's people here that wish Mike Martz was still here, nevermind the fact that during his tenure we led the league in sacks and turnovers.

We're going to be conservative until a QB shows us that we can trust him with the offense. Till then, expect the smart move....a heavy dose of Frank the TANK, every Sunday.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

last drive??? Try the entire game. At one point there were 29 run plays called and only 15 pas plays called. I thought he wanted a balanced offense? That doesn't look to balanced to me. The Singletary mindset of football only does one thing, prevent the offense from scoring points.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home