There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

play calling on our last drive with the game on the line

The playcalling was poor all game
the play calling was more proof that the niners dont know how to finish games
The one that stood out to me most was the 2nd and goal at the 1 or 2 yard line, Fullback dive up the gut with Moron Norris.

I know Frank scored the following play, but c'mon mann! Wasted play, wasted down. Moron Norris should never, I'll repeat.. NEVER be involved in our offensive gameplan. The guy is a mediocre blocker, at best.

He needs to go after this season. I'm sure there are plenty of young fullbacks/tightends/H-backs that could contribute waaay more than he does.

BOO Moron Norris! BOO him!!
Originally posted by bigmike55:
The one that stood out to me most was the 2nd and goal at the 1 or 2 yard line, Fullback dive up the gut with Moron Norris.

I know Frank scored the following play, but c'mon mann! Wasted play, wasted down. Moron Norris should never, I'll repeat.. NEVER be involved in our offensive gameplan. The guy is a mediocre blocker, at best.

He needs to go after this season. I'm sure there are plenty of young fullbacks/tightends/H-backs that could contribute waaay more than he does.

I yelled WTF at the TV on that one. Norris ran straight to the guy he was going to block if the ball had been given to the HB. Pathetic call and run.
Originally posted by Handlesit:

I yelled WTF at the TV on that one. Norris ran straight to the guy he was going to block if the ball had been given to the HB. Pathetic call and run.

Yeah, I honestly would feel more comfortable with any of our D-linemen carrying the ball in short yardage situations over Moron Norris. That guy is like a big as* turtle, slow, no agility, no juke moves, no power, nothing!

I wish we still had Brit Miller.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by susweel:
It was typical Singletary.

end
Originally posted by Allx9er:

end
Where have you been the last 2 years, that is 49ers football in a nutshell.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:

end

Three runs up the middle from DIXON to try and kill the clock! Singletary did his best to lose this game, but Spencer wouldn't let him!
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

The one thing I agreed with was that when we were a few yards from a TD one of the times, I kept thinking "do a bootleg and have Troy run it in", because we always just run it up the gut (most predictable and unfysical play in our goal-line arsenal), and because Troy is so mobile. And that is exactly what they did. I loved it!

To be fair though, nobody knew what they had in Troy, they had to come in with a run-first mentality. And there were second half adjustments to have him throw more. I will reserve judgment until next game.

Fullback up the middle from the "3" yardline at that. We could have had the best FBack on that play and it still would have been difficult to score from the distance. I like Singletary but he continues to show that he is not a NFL Headcoach.
Jed,

Call Gruden!
Gore fumbles a lot and although he won't say it that is why Singletary took Gore out of the game at the end.
Originally posted by 49erFan:

This.

Not to mention, when Sing finally decides to give Gore a rest, the game is on the line. Go figure... The man defies logic by the amount of stupidity he exudes.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by English:

The one thing I agreed with was that when we were a few yards from a TD one of the times, I kept thinking "do a bootleg and have Troy run it in", because we always just run it up the gut (most predictable and unfysical play in our goal-line arsenal), and because Troy is so mobile. And that is exactly what they did. I loved it!

To be fair though, nobody knew what they had in Troy, they had to come in with a run-first mentality. And there were second half adjustments to have him throw more. I will reserve judgment until next game.

I was thinking the same thing! that bootleg is called a "Waggle" the TE was crossing the back of the end zone and all Tray had to do was play monkey in the middle! Defender is back in coverage, run it, defender is up on you toss it!

Great call Shaj!