LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Stubborn. Johnson wont change gameplan to suit Troy Smith's legs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by GORO:
Maybe Sing is the stubborn one. He choose this guy to start not Johnson. Maybe Johnson knows that they will be both out of a job at years end and will not change to game plan so it will show that Sing is the dictator and this Offense will never reach it's potential. It will also make it easy for him to get another job, when every body will see that Troy Smith sucks and was Mike Sings choice.

The best Qb on the team is on the practice squad.

maybe Johnson told Sing to tell the world that Troy was starting and the practice squad qb can't even call the plays right 57 zipper hero I mean left uh go go go go go go go go go gore up the middle (you don't know me)

Yea...but he still out performed the other two six and nine year veterns during his pre-season play. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the coach to coach and if a player only get 5% of the practice reps, but shows as much if not more than those who have gotten significanty more reps and been in the league for far longer, then an accute coach would make adjustments to the coaching philosophy to ensure that Davis knew the plays; if knowing the plays is even a real issue.

Smith did not know all of the plays last year, but came in a played. Carr complained about getting limited reps as the cause of his poor play. T.Smith is starting even though he does not know all of the plays. So, knowing the plays really does not appear to be the real issue here.

Seriously? Nate Davis looked horrible agaunst 2nd teamers. Alex Smith had a waaay better preseason against 1st-teamers.

Talk about revisionist history!

What? Look at their entire body of work. This was Alex's first decent looking preseason and he got 90% of the reps. Davis did not look any worst than Carr or the single digit QB ratings that Alex has produced numerous times. I'm not saying that Alex should not have started, but damn. You make it appear as though Alex looked like Peyton while Davis consistently looked like..uhm...uhm...Alex!!! LOL
If the Niners go smashmouth--we are going to get down a couple TD's forcing Smith to throw against a strong pass rush---

I think Denver flying in so late was not a good decision--that should help the Niners.

I am really interested in seeing how the Rams play Carolina--that will tell a lot.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Soooo, when did someone invent a new way to hand the ball off???
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Maybe Johnson is just saying that not to tip his hat but it seems foolish to me. I dont this. Shouldnt every gameplan be suited to either take advantage of the other teams weakness and/or put our players in positions to do what they do well? If Troy is mobile turn him loose!

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/29/SPLH1G3KQ6.DTL#ixzz13lZmi9ic

this is the 49ers we're talking about.
I definitely want to see something other than Gore carry the ball 30 times per game. Even if Gore runs for 200 yards this game its gonna come back to haunt us he will get hurt sooner or later. I dont care who the QB is. Open this ish up!! ... like others have said though Troy may never get another shot so I expect him to run often to hell with what Johnson and Singletary say. I also expect him to launch a couple to Ginn ... I've seen Vince Young run the option a couple times as a change up successfully so even just a small wrinkle using Troy's legs would be welcome.
He's not that fast. I wouldn't change the gameplan at all.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i don't know why anyone would watch that..... dude is 10 pounds of s**t in a 5 pound bag. and friends with phaggots.

do you really think he is going to tell you his gameplan? I mean honestly, why would he say what he was going to do with troy? He is obviously keeping the other team guessing.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not that fast. I wouldn't change the gameplan at all.

You either don't want college football or never saw him play in Baltimore. This guy is the definition of scrambling QB. He always looks to run.
Johnson probably wants Nate Davis as his QB, but Singletary does not like Athiests.

Originally posted by socal9er42:
"Hello. Denver Broncos? My name is Mike Johnson. 49ers OC. Hey, in case you guys haven't heard, our starting QB is out, and we decided Carr couldn't cut it. We're starting a guy with good legs instead, and I thought I'd give you a quick heads up that I put in a bunch of new plays that take advantage of his speed and athleticism. Wouldn't want you guys to look confused in a game being played on an international stage".

WTF does everyone expect? After 6 years of investing in a spread offense/shotgun QB...we still haven't installed an offense to suit his talents.

Now we have this total unknown in Troy Smith...and people actually believe/believed we were going to cater to his strength?

Our coaching staff= epic fail.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
WTF does everyone expect? After 6 years of investing in a spread offense/shotgun QB...we still haven't installed an offense to suit his talents.

Now we have this total unknown in Troy Smith...and people actually believe/believed we were going to cater to his strength?

Jed is stupid for not seeing this.
spam spam spam-spam-spam
[ Edited by pantstickle on Oct 30, 2010 at 4:50 AM ]
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

You took the words out of my mouth. That is one of the main problems Niner coaches have had for years now. When and if anybody is smart enough to figure that out, I don't know anymore. Play to your strength, not your F'n philosophy!
Share 49ersWebzone