There are 433 users in the forums

Vernon Davis misses Wed practice?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jalapeno49:
Respectfully disagree. Diff between 41yr old's ankle and VD's is #2 fractures. Spewing crap? This team needs LEADERS and VD should be near his offensive unit & coaches if he's unable to practice, imo. I like tough guys who play thru pain, and this franchise's name is all over the Hall of Fame because of guys like Lott, Montana, Craig, Rathman and at least #50 other guys who were a) tough as hell, b) fully committed to winning at all costs, c) smarter & better prepared, d) more talented and e) prideful of the 49ers name, team and legacy.

If you were the team captin of a 1-6 team that everyone picked to win their div and you just signed a $50mil extension with SERIOUS guaranteed $$, what would you do? Seriously. And I fully admit that VD's injury may be more serious that wee know. I guess we'll see on sunday.

Nuff said on subject.

wow. you are reading way too much into this.
BTW VD practiced today

mattbarrows Vernon Davis practicing today. He'll play Sunday ...

Fully agreed. Massive overreaction. Extremely common for the BEST PLAYERS on one's team to be rested on those days. Davis isn't "Not being a leader" he's being SMART. Good heavens, cut the guy a frickin' break.

He hurt his knee and then his ankle last week. Do you want our star player to make it worse and wind up missing more than just practice and rather start missing games?

Think about this, Vernon is doing nothing wrong. There shouldn't be a lick of fuss about this and I'm absolutely shocked there is.

Calvin Johnson, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Lloyd, Royal, Favre, and a plethora of other key players/leaders on other teams have sat out those mid-week practices this year to rest up. Give them crap if they're out causing trouble, but leave them the frick alone if they're just trying to stay healthy so they can continue to help the team.
Well, looks like Vernon really wasn't able to go this week in England. Maybe certain posters shouldn't be jumping the gun, because they have no idea what the hell they're talking about.
Yep. Certain posters and sports reporters took the bait. VD had 1 catch for 12 yds and contributed absolutely nothing to the run game as a blocker. If he's not legitimately hurt, we paid $4mil too much (salary alone) for a TE with all the "measurables" and no grit and toughness. I'd rather have a 5 flat forty Whitten or Antonion Gates, Dallas Clark, Jermichael Finley, Todd Heap, Rob Gronkowski, etc., etc., than VD ver1.0.

I wonder if he'll practice next week after all the clubbing this week?
  • mod
  • Veteran
really...

What a joke...
A joke? Really? Please tell me why. If he was truly hurt, don't play. If I'm expecting too much from a $45mil TE, explain why? Please.
A joke? Really? Please tell me why. If he was truly hurt, don't play. If I'm expecting too much from a $45mil TE, explain why? Please.

wow dude. you cant be serious

wow dude. you cant be serious
Yep. Certain posters and sports reporters took the bait. VD had 1 catch for 12 yds and contributed absolutely nothing to the run game as a blocker. If he's not legitimately hurt, we paid $4mil too much (salary alone) for a TE with all the "measurables" and no grit and toughness. I'd rather have a 5 flat forty Whitten or Antonion Gates, Dallas Clark, Jermichael Finley, Todd Heap, Rob Gronkowski, etc., etc., than VD ver1.0.

What clubbing?

"we over here talkin bout practice"
Respectfully disagree. Diff between 41yr old's ankle and VD's is #2 fractures. Spewing crap? This team needs LEADERS and VD should be near his offensive unit & coaches if he's unable to practice, imo. I like tough guys who play thru pain, and this franchise's name is all over the Hall of Fame because of guys like Lott, Montana, Craig, Rathman and at least #50 other guys who were a) tough as hell, b) fully committed to winning at all costs, c) smarter & better prepared, d) more talented and e) prideful of the 49ers name, team and legacy.

If you were the team captin of a 1-6 team that everyone picked to win their div and you just signed a $50mil extension with SERIOUS guaranteed $$, what would you do? Seriously. And I fully admit that VD's injury may be more serious that wee know. I guess we'll see on sunday.

Nuff said on subject.

wow. you are reading way too much into this.
BTW VD practiced today

mattbarrows Vernon Davis practicing today. He'll play Sunday ...

He tried to go today..re injured ankle...................Delanie played well in his absence.............
Valrod, "reading too much into it?" The NFL wire is flush with reports that VD was very limited in practice today and will be a game time decision. I think it's more serious, but we won't really know until sunday. The fact that he was out there with his teammates is a + sign.

Also, if our game plan will be to run, run, run, maybe VD ought to sit this one out anyway. The other two TE's are good blocking TE's, and we'll definitely need a healthy VD down the stretch.

ummmmm since when is delanie walker a good blocking TE?
Share 49ersWebzone