There are 295 users in the forums

Vernon Davis misses Wed practice?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After reading about him chilling and relaxing all day at the hotel tuesday? Where's the leadership (he's a team captain, right?). Why not get an extra treatment or two on his off day? Anyone know what kept him out of practice - again?

Divas in football helmets.......
mattbarrows

TE Vernon Davis (ankle) missed second day of practice. Brooks (knee) was full go. Brown (back), Clements (ankle) & Dixon (ham) were limited.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I'll bet he didn't miss it by as much as Carr missed Davis.

::rimshot::
Tuesday is the players off day and they had permission to go out and sight see

Vernon Davis decided to stay and relax to rest his ankle instead of walking on it all day and you are mad at him for doing that?(no homo)
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 28, 2010 at 7:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Boom. Roasted.
VD can miss practice all he wants, as long as he keeps performing the way he's been.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
VD can miss practice all he wants, as long as he keeps performing the way he's been.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Boom. Roasted.

nice one!
There goes my fantasy team......
Originally posted by valrod33:
Tuesday is the players off day and they had permission to go out and sight see

Vernon Davis decided to stay and relax to rest his ankle instead of walking on it all day and you are mad at him for doing that?(no homo)

exactly, team first. jeez people....

I think Davis has missed practice each Wednesday this season. That is typical for a lot of NFL football players.
Originally posted by jalapeno49:
After reading about him chilling and relaxing all day at the hotel tuesday? Where's the leadership (he's a team captain, right?). Why not get an extra treatment or two on his off day? Anyone know what kept him out of practice - again?

Divas in football helmets.......

How dare you question our best leader on the team!!!
he's going to play Sunday, don't have a heart attack
Wow, no wonder this team is struggling! Even the fans expect players to regularly miss practices. Either he's a leader by example, or he's just another NFL TE who just signed a $50mil extension. And in a game that determines whether we go 1-7, or not, isn't he putting himself above all else? I mean, unless he's really hurt. Last time I checked, a 41yr old qb will play this sunday for the 292nd straight game, with #2 fractures in his ankle. Anyone know what VD's injury is?

I, like many others wow at VD's potential. But, it seems, once the contract extension got done = less dependable? Can he get back to being a pro bowl quality TE? And is he a guy we can afford to keep with Walker & Byham up next? Particularly, if we can get a #1 next year and a #3 the following yr for him?

And why isn't he practicing? Can someone enlighten me? With a brand new qb (with no 1st or 2nd team reps) wouldn't it help VD and the team to get a few reps in? Hell, even if he's just running in a straight line (which is what he and Alex do the best - seam route).
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

u mean not getting open? or seperation?
Share 49ersWebzone