There are 264 users in the forums

Who is the worst QB to play a game in the York Era?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the worst QB to play a game in the York Era?

I have to go with Stentstrom. It's hard to choose though. A lot of bad players on that list.
that list is depressing
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex "The Robot" Smith

It is posts like this from you ACP guys that absolutely destroys any credibility and any illusion of objectivity on your behalf. It has to just be trolling because no one is that stupid...or are they?
umm...Jim Drunkenmiller was drafted when Eddie was still the owner just so you know

as for the question,this is hard(really hard) but I gotta go with......Cody Pickett
cody pickett, easy.. he had hella heart.. but no qb skill at all.
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
umm...Jim Drunkenmiller was drafted when Eddie was still the owner just so you know

as for the question,this is hard(really hard) but I gotta go with......Cody Pickett

You are right...he was drafted in 1997...he just fits the profile!
49'ers had some crazy record of scoring in every game that dated back almost 30 years. It was one of the longest streaks in NFL history.

Then Ken Dorsey became the starter and the 9'ers lost like 34 - 0 against the seahawks.
WOW. That list is full of CRAP!

hahha
dont even remember stenstrom. wienke and carr put up the most horrible performances i seem to remember. id still say carr. the dude threw like 4 times and still ended up with a pick and the coaches didnt trust him to throw the ball, atleast the others could be trusted to throw the ball a little. i dunno why they didnt just cut carr and bring up Nate as the 3rd stringer. what good is he if you cant trust him to throw the ball?
Ken Dorsey!
and Timmy Rattay
even though i have his jersey

Originally posted by prime21:
The worst was JT. The best was Shaun Hill.

JT? The guy looked like a franchise qb for a few games with us. He singlehandedly beat the Seahawks in Seattle. Yes he wasn't a franchise qb and threw more interceptions than you'd like, but that's a symptom of the Martz offense.... gunsling and take names later.
Originally posted by new49er:
Ken Dorsey!
and Timmy Rattay

Honestly what did Tim Rattay do to deserve the worst qb on this team label? He had passes tipped at the line of scrimmage for interceptions. He wasn't the next Montana, Young, and Garcia. He also had lights out games where he threw for 300+ yards and lead game winning drives with Brandon Lloyd as our number 1 wr. Tim Rattay... pllllllease
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Ken Dorsey!
and Timmy Rattay

Honestly what did Tim Rattay do to deserve the worst qb on this team label? He had passes tipped at the line of scrimmage for interceptions. He wasn't the next Montana, Young, and Garcia. He also had lights out games where he threw for 300+ yards and lead game winning drives with Brandon Lloyd as our number 1 wr. Tim Rattay... pllllllease
Tim Rat wasn't bad, his problem was a lack of talent around him, he would move the team, and lead us to score.. granted he always fell apart in the 4th Q.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Ken Dorsey!
and Timmy Rattay

Tim Rat wasn't bad, his problem was a lack of talent around him, he would move the team, and lead us to score.. granted he always fell apart in the 4th Q.

I remember seeing him throw a lot of INTs in the 4th quarter, on the potential game winning drive.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Ken Dorsey!
and Timmy Rattay

I remember seeing him throw a lot of INTs in the 4th quarter, on the potential game winning drive.

True, still there was no talent around him.
Share 49ersWebzone