LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

Which feels worse?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which feels worse?

Apparently, only 25% of the webzone has ever been kicked in the balls.
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by TDilvr:
To me the 2010 season feels worse. Along with the futility is the deeper knowledge of just how bad our ownership is. No end in sight.

You forgot to add , or reading polls like this in Niner talk .

Or reading responses like yours. Touche.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Robert:
Originally posted by jta854:
Being kicked in the balls goes away after 30 minuets. The 2010 season hurts every week.

This.

I dunno.... maybe I just have extra sensitive balls, but the thought of that happening again hurts, so it's been hurting me on and off for decades.

was that the year when Steve Stenstrom was the QB?

we had no talent that year.. and now we got VD, Crabtree, Gore, Willis .. we may be losing but there is by far more drama this year than in 2004.. (Saints game, Atlanta and so on)
2004. That year had nothing to look forward to. At least with this year, there are what I believe enough pieces for some coach to work with and maybe turn this thing around.

-9fA
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
2004 cursed us with an inept Mike Nolan and his coaching staff, which included Mike Singletary and his wooden cross. therefore i pick 2004.

*fixed

*fixed again

*again fixed again
Another way to look at it:

We have 1 win this year.

We had 2 wins in 2004.

So far, this year is worse than 2004 already.
this year. I knew we sucked back then
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
I have changed my mind, I initially thought the '04 season hurt the most but this one by far takes the cake. There are so many problems on this team and organization it is beyond funny and nearly irreparable.

1. Owners, John York sucked, then made a good choice to promote the son, but now wants some attention and a voice, I say WTF. Jed seemed okay until he waited too long to fire Mcclueless, and then to top it off instead of trying to hire an experienced GM he promotes from within. This may be due to the fact that no one wants to touch the Niners with a 10ft pole and if so than FML.

2. Coaching, you fire Nolan, without a game plan, no bird in hand. So now you are fd, and end up promoting an inexperienced HC who has never ever been a coordinator. You hire a rah rah, Hall of Fame lineman that can't even seem to coach up the defense.

3. QB this is a bit stickier situation, but to be blunt none of these guys would be a starter let alone a backup on another team, and Davis, was a project we could ill afford.

4. Defense, when are they fundamentally give up on the 3-4? The team has been trying to implement the 3-4 since Nolan was here. This is all fine and well, but if you are fundamentally going to stick with it as an organization you better damn well draft for it, where is the big old NT that can occupy two men to free up lanes for the LB's. ( I am not a football genius so school me if I am wrong, but this is how I see it)

So to summarize, for me the fan this totally sucks. Because the organization is starting from square one. New HC, more than likely a new OC, and a new QB. And unless they can knock out these hires and draft a solid QB we will be in the same boat for a few more years.

They need to fire a very good X and O's offensive minded HC because if history tells us anything offensive stability is key to good QB play. But the better the QB play the more likely we lose a OC so having the offensive minded HC helps transition.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
It has to be 2010......what team has a losing record but has so much talent at every spot except QB. If Montana or Young was back there with this team.....we're winning the West this year.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 28, 2010 at 3:24 PM ]

• dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JJL1782:
For me it was 2004 for that team had no talent. This team in a coach and a qb away from being respectable.

This is why I picked the 2010 team. I had no hopes for the 2004 team, but I really thought we would win the west and maybe even get a playoff win this year. The fact that this team has fallen so far hurts so much more than the 2004 team. Although a kick in the nuts is about on par.
balls
Share 49ersWebzone