LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Which feels worse?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which feels worse?

2004 blessed us with 1st round draft pick alex smith. therefore i pick 2004.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by Bayerrya:
04 was just dreadful. No talent, Dennis Erickson, Kevan Barlow, Brandon Lloyd, Mike Rumph, Ken Dorsey and Cody Pickett. Ugh. 2 overtime wins against the Cardinals by 3 points each. 14 losses to every other team on our schedule. The worst year ever as a fan.

wow i just looked up the stats it was worse than i remember.
barlow led the team in rushing with 822 yards 3.4 ypc
eric johnson led the team in receiving with 825 yards 2tds

We still have two players from that 04 team, one is Andy Lee, anyone remember the other one?

The inimitable Brian Jennings

nope he got there in 05, close tho

Its Shawntae Spencer who started 12 games in 04 as a 22 year old rookie.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I had pretty low expectations this season, couple that with the fact I HATE Singletary...
Saw my first Niner game in 1969 (I was 4) don't really remember, bur somewhere around the age of 6-7 I realized I was a Niner fan, unlike my Raider loving brothers. At some point this became an obsession, never missing Play let alone a game!

Mike Singletary has cured me of my obsession, where as before I would be unapproachably angry if we lost, now I just laugh, and say f**k it!

I will keep watching, rooting and waiting for a NEW coach to restore my faith and return the obsession!

So I guess I would put it in this order

1) 2004- I stilled cared way to much
2) Getting kicked in the nuts- Never any fun
3) 2010 - Saw it coming, so I guess I can take consolation in being right!

The silver lining in this season is obvious, and many!

1) Singletary will be gone!
2) We will pick in the top 5 slots (maybe first)
3) Our mixture of cap room, young talent and a high draft pick makes us an attractive job for ANY head coach!

So buck-up Bunky there is always next season and it will be better, with out Singltary it has to be!

Thanks I saw a game at Kezar Stadium as a little kid and had more faith back then. I dont remember too much, I was cold and all I could think about was hot chocolate. This is the worst it has ever been by far, I drank way too much kool aid and I think it was Jamarcus drank.

Thanks you did point out some good things that may attract a good coach. My only good feeling about this team so far.
I picked the third one simply because the thought of it actually hurts more...
2004 was just awful beyond imagination. No talent, horrible coaching, and the only two wins we got were from beating the tards in OT twice. I doubt they could beat the 0-16 Lions.
I think you are forgetting just how bad the 2004 team was. We would go out there every Sunday and pray that we weren't blown out. Every game.

at least with this team we keep our losses close.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jta854:
Being kicked in the balls goes away after 30 minuets. The 2010 season hurts every week.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I had pretty low expectations this season, couple that with the fact I HATE Singletary...
Saw my first Niner game in 1969 (I was 4) don't really remember, bur somewhere around the age of 6-7 I realized I was a Niner fan, unlike my Raider loving brothers. At some point this became an obsession, never missing Play let alone a game!

Mike Singletary has cured me of my obsession, where as before I would be unapproachably angry if we lost, now I just laugh, and say f**k it!

I will keep watching, rooting and waiting for a NEW coach to restore my faith and return the obsession!

So I guess I would put it in this order

1) 2004- I stilled cared way to much
2) Getting kicked in the nuts- Never any fun
3) 2010 - Saw it coming, so I guess I can take consolation in being right!

The silver lining in this season is obvious, and many!

1) Singletary will be gone!
2) We will pick in the top 5 slots (maybe first)
3) Our mixture of cap room, young talent and a high draft pick makes us an attractive job for ANY head coach!

So buck-up Bunky there is always next season and it will be better, with out Singltary it has to be!

Thanks I saw a game at Kezar Stadium as a little kid and had more faith back then. I dont remember too much, I was cold and all I could think about was hot chocolate. This is the worst it has ever been by far, I drank way too much kool aid and I think it was Jamarcus drank.

Thanks you did point out some good things that may attract a good coach. My only good feeling about this team so far.

Yea, all we can do is keep the faith and wait!
repost
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Oct 27, 2010 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I love my Niners; but, I love my balls even more.

Kick to the balls!

Hell yeah D, im with you on that one brotha. I love my soldiers, much more than my football team.

My soldiers would run circles around our football team. LMAO

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
2004. Easily. Inept. Painful. Hopeless. Retarded.

At least we have talent now. You must have short term memory, or you're about 6 years old if you think 2010 is worse. At least there's a vague sense of light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel with this team.

Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
2004 cursed us with an inept Mike Nolan and his coaching staff. therefore i pick 2004.

*fixed
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
2004 cursed us with an inept Mike Nolan and his coaching staff, which included Mike Singletary. therefore i pick 2004.

*fixed

*fixed again
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
04 was just dreadful. No talent, Dennis Erickson, Kevan Barlow, Brandon Lloyd, Mike Rumph, Ken Dorsey and Cody Pickett. Ugh. 2 overtime wins against the Cardinals by 3 points each. 14 losses to every other team on our schedule. The worst year ever as a fan.

wow i just looked up the stats it was worse than i remember.
barlow led the team in rushing with 822 yards 3.4 ypc
eric johnson led the team in receiving with 825 yards 2tds

We still have two players from that 04 team, one is Andy Lee, anyone remember the other one?

The inimitable Brian Jennings

nope he got there in 05, close tho

Its Shawntae Spencer who started 12 games in 04 as a 22 year old rookie.

Jennings was drafted in 2000.... Easy mistake, he didn't look so crazy back then.
I am still waiting for the day we run a variation of the wildcat encompassing Jennings
Getting kicked in the balls twice should be an option
Share 49ersWebzone