LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 152 users in the forums

Holy Cow, Troy Smith starts in London!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just woke up and this still feels like I'm in a prison wrapped inside a f**king nightmare stuck in 2004.
I love it!

It's a Christmas miracle!
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by valrod33:
All of you that are glad troy smith is starting need to start rooting for the raiders. This is not 49ers football. I am in shock as to how much this once mighty franchise has fallen.

Did you not see David Carr play last Sunday? Happy that he is not in there and might as well see what we got in Troy Smith

We have nothing in troy smith. Baltimore didn't even want him as a third stringer. He may be an upgrade over carr, but to say let's see what we have in him is just being too hopeful that he actually has a shot at being our quarterback of the future. He iis what he is, the only healthy quarterback on the roster that gives us the best chance to win. That's all.

Cortez that's some bold statements start rooting for the raiders?? The last mobile "black" qb they had was vince evans? Why do we have to root for the raiders? Don't get it. David Carr was puetride and i would rather have smith than carr. if smith does good then your a sucker bud. The season is done man. even if we put together a good streak were not going to catch seattle or Arizona. we ain't going to the playoofs and that's real. so sit back let's go GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!! and see what we can do to save face.
Originally posted by Ang:
All of you that are glad troy smith is starting need to start rooting for the raiders. This is not 49ers football. I am in shock as to how much this once mighty franchise has fallen.

Did you not see David Carr play last Sunday? Happy that he is not in there and might as well see what we got in Troy Smith

We have nothing in troy smith. Baltimore didn't even want him as a third stringer. He may be an upgrade over carr, but to say let's see what we have in him is just being too hopeful that he actually has a shot at being our quarterback of the future. He iis what he is, the only healthy quarterback on the roster that gives us the best chance to win. That's all.

^^That's all any of us want at this point isn't it? To win? We have to take it one game at a time, unfortunately. Think about that before you come in here telling people to go root for the Raiders.

Raider fans get all hyped up about every single move. Sadly, our fans are getting to that point. From the posts in here, it feels like troy smith has a shot at being our franchise qb. If anyone is going to get that excited about troy smith, then he or she may as well root for the raiders. Again, he is just filler at the position.

NOBODY THINKS TROY SMITH IS OUR SAVIOR. CARR SUCKS AND HE SHOULD NOT BE STARTING. THIS SEASON IS LOST MIGHT AS WELL SEE IF WE GOT ANYTHING IN TROY SMITH. I REPEAT NO ONE THINKS TROY SMITH IS OUR SAVIOR

CAPS LOCK
Originally posted by GORO:
Another stupid move by a coach that doesnot know a good Qb when he sees one. Nate Davis will be Jon Grudens starting Qb for us next year.

Nate's ballsack has to be really sore from all of you desperate fans swinging from it. He is not going to be anybody's starting QB ever. If he can't learn an NFL playbook-let me rephrase-if he can't can't learn a Mike Singletary inspired Jimmy Raye playbook, then he definitely can't hang in a WCO style offense.

Living in the midwest now, I come in contact with more Buckeye fans than your average westcoaster and to say they aren't super impressed with Troy Smith is an understatement.

That said he is our best option right now. Why is Carr on any NFL team? Cut him and fill his spot with someone else.

The sad fact is the season is over. At this point we need to go with whatever option that delivers us a 1-15 season so maybe we should stick with Carr. That's the nicest thing we could do for the incoming coaching staff and quality GM if in fact Jed is wise enough to spend the dough to get one.

We are.....the Matt Millen Detroit Lions.
People act like he is Michael Vick
Originally posted by Ang:

^^That's all any of us want at this point isn't it? To win? We have to take it one game at a time, unfortunately. Think about that before you come in here telling people to go root for the Raiders.

Raider fans get all hyped up about every single move. Sadly, our fans are getting to that point. From the posts in here, it feels like troy smith has a shot at being our franchise qb. If anyone is going to get that excited about troy smith, then he or she may as well root for the raiders. Again, he is just filler at the position.

Everyone is so hype for Troy because.............

David Carr blows.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Desperation mode!
Let me just say I actually like the move.

Only because i never mind putting in a player that you cant really gameplan for, and T. Smith brings a little of an unknown factor.

And right now, it's not a bad thing in my opinion.

Lets see what the kid can do. i know im looking forward to seeing what he can do.
i think Troy Smith is our savior

Great, at this rate Nate Davis will be starting by week 10. Fml.

And then we'll grab someone off Free Agency (a la Chris Weinke) and he'll be starting week 16 and 17 if Davis doesn't get benched first. Fmfl.
NOBODY THINKS TROY SMITH IS OUR SAVIOR. CARR SUCKS AND HE SHOULD NOT BE STARTING. THIS SEASON IS LOST MIGHT AS WELL SEE IF WE GOT ANYTHING IN TROY SMITH. I REPEAT NO ONE THINKS TROY SMITH IS OUR SAVIOR

CAPS LOCK

THIS
Originally posted by teeohh:
i think Troy Smith is our savior

say that to my face
Any change is good, not great, but good. Smith is out, Carr is not capable = your turn Troy! If he doesn't do it, then Nate Davis come on down.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Yup. I remember once upon a time when Rich Gannon wasn't wanted, he was but a journeyman. He ended going to 2 pro bowls and winning an MVP award when the Raiders took him on, in fact he even led them to a Superbowl appearance.

Another former MVP, James Harrison of the Blitzburgh Steelers, was cut 3 times but them, then signed by Baltimore, vut by them only to end backup in Pittsburgh and go on to become a great defensive force.

The chances Troy Smith becomes our franchise QB are few and far between. I wouldn't bet on it, but there are plenty of players who have been cut by a team only to found success in the league elsewhere or later on in their careers. Heck not just in the NFL but within many sports.
Share 49ersWebzone