LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Holy Cow, Troy Smith starts in London!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
All of you that are glad troy smith is starting need to start rooting for the raiders. This is not 49ers football. I am in shock as to how much this once mighty franchise has fallen.

Look Dude. When I thought Carr was starting this week I was in complete despair. Now I'm just pessimistic.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
All of you that are glad troy smith is starting need to start rooting for the raiders. This is not 49ers football. I am in shock as to how much this once mighty franchise has fallen.

Did you not see David Carr play last Sunday? Happy that he is not in there and might as well see what we got in Troy Smith

We have nothing in troy smith. Baltimore didn't even want him as a third stringer. He may be an upgrade over carr, but to say let's see what we have in him is just being too hopeful that he actually has a shot at being our quarterback of the future. He iis what he is, the only healthy quarterback on the roster that gives us the best chance to win. That's all.

^^That's all any of us want at this point isn't it? To win? We have to take it one game at a time, unfortunately. Think about that before you come in here telling people to go root for the Raiders.
Well it's got to be better than what Carr showed last Sunday.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Meh I would rather lose with Troy Smith than with David Carr.
Bye, season.

Its been fun.

Thanks for the high draft pick parting gift....
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Another stupid move by a coach that doesnot know a good Qb when he sees one. Nate Davis will be Jon Grudens starting Qb for us next year.
Originally posted by Ang:

Did you not see David Carr play last Sunday? Happy that he is not in there and might as well see what we got in Troy Smith

We have nothing in troy smith. Baltimore didn't even want him as a third stringer. He may be an upgrade over carr, but to say let's see what we have in him is just being too hopeful that he actually has a shot at being our quarterback of the future. He iis what he is, the only healthy quarterback on the roster that gives us the best chance to win. That's all.

^^That's all any of us want at this point isn't it? To win? We have to take it one game at a time, unfortunately. Think about that before you come in here telling people to go root for the Raiders.

Raider fans get all hyped up about every single move. Sadly, our fans are getting to that point. From the posts in here, it feels like troy smith has a shot at being our franchise qb. If anyone is going to get that excited about troy smith, then he or she may as well root for the raiders. Again, he is just filler at the position.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Nice

He was the starter for ravens then he got sick and flacco started. He refused to be a back up that's why they relesed him
I'm not on the bandwagon for Troy Smith. I am however happy that David Carr will not be starting. I was appalled by Carr's play last week. I'd rather take a shot and lose with Troy Smith then not take a shot and lose with Carr. Season is over regardless.

You make some good points. I like Troy Smith but I ask the same question, why sign Carr and you're right you can't afford to waste a roster spot. Your post is one of the few posts on the entire internet that I see aren't based on prejudice or some wild-fan thinking.
Originally posted by kelpie70:
We now know the end is near for coach Sing. We were all lead to believe that the backup QB was someone that filled in for the starter; but not on this team. We seem to mess it up as usual. I thought that the best players were suppose to be on the 53 man roster again, not on this team. This team makes some very strange decisions. I am in agreement that Troy Smith may be the best alternative at this time. However, why in the world did we sign Carr? If coach Sing can't even trust him to play a game in Alex's place then at this point he is useless on the active roster. We are 1-6 and going nowhere. Release Carr, it's that simple and promote Nate for the time being until Alex comes back. A total waste of roster spot.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GORO:
Another stupid move by a coach that doesnot know a good Qb when he sees one. Nate Davis will be Jon Grudens starting Qb for us next year.

as much as I used to like Sing. sometimes he makes me sick. he doesnt play Dixon, he doesnt play Westbrook, he doesnt bench A. Davis, now this, I know anybody is better than Carr at this point, but I think Nate Davis would be a better option (not that I think he's our savior) but he's got more experience with the team...

I just hope we win
lol, should be interesting, I think it was the right move
I dont understand people poppin a woody for Nate Davis? the kid has a cannon but he's a tard..he was decent in PRE-season..
I think he's a better option than Carr...obviously, Singletary does. We'll finally get to see what Troy can do. I know he's athletic and can make plays...he did that w/Ravens when he got his limited chances. But, no matter who plays QB, I don't see us beating Denver. After their thrashing by Oakland, you know they'll be motivated to take out their frustrations on the Niners. But, things are pretty bad in Broncoland...considering they've lost 13 of their last 17 games. Still, we play bad teams pitifully, witness the Carolina debacle. So, I'm expecting a Denver win, but I do hope Troy can spark the offense some.
Share 49ersWebzone