LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. St. Louis Rams)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Did anyone else notice how many times our pass rushers get held, especially J.Smith and Laboy? Its crazy how many times the refs dont call that s**t. I saw it happen atleast twice on the rams' drive to tie the game for OT. I've noticed this BS happening for weeks and weeks now.

Yeah, I notice a couple against J. Smith. It was pissin me off; but, the win makes it all better...

yeah I know. I think the reason other teams Olineman get away with it is cuz Smith isn't a speed rusher, and a hold on him doesn't look as obvious since he just mauls a player for a sack or a hit.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Did anyone else notice how many times our pass rushers get held, especially J.Smith and Laboy? Its crazy how many times the refs dont call that s**t. I saw it happen atleast twice on the rams' drive to tie the game for OT. I've noticed this BS happening for weeks and weeks now.

Yeah, I notice a couple against J. Smith. It was pissin me off; but, the win makes it all better...

yeah I know. I think the reason other teams Olineman get away with it is cuz Smith isn't a speed rusher, and a hold on him doesn't look as obvious since he just mauls a player for a sack or a hit.

That could be it... I was wondering if the Refs were looking at the rookies a bit more than some of the vets; therefore, they missed a couple calls?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This was a horribly officiated game. Way too many calls that arej ust normal plays.
We barely beat a bad team at home.

Is that considered post game analysis.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

Bad team was leading the division.
Originally posted by susweel:

Bad team had a great coach and good QB. Bad team had a top 10 defense.

Bad team might save Singletary his job.
  • dj43
I'm way too tired tonight after the long drive but I have to eat a little crow over David Baas. I have been very critical of him over the last couple of years however he did a very good job keeping the front of the pocket intact so Smith could step up. My impression was that this was the best the front of the pocket has looked all year long. There were several times where Hall and Long collapsed the outside of the pocket but Smith was able to buy time because Baas and the guards allowed him to step up.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
They were a bad team last year, not this year. Any team that has a good QB is rarely a bad team. P.S. Crabtree has been impressive lately.

Yeah I wanna see what T. Smith does against the Bucs before anything else, Hill was able to throw 3 TD's against the Lambs; T. Smith is looking like a stud, I just need another game to confirm my suspicions.
[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Nov 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM ]

It's better than barely losing to a bad team at home

Bad team had a great rookie qb and a good rb.

Bad team might save Singletary his job.

Nah, I doubt it. Wasn't there that report that a source from within the organization said that Singeltary would have to 'win 1 or two playoffs games this year to keep his job' ?
Very happy with this win. Best QB performance since who knows when. And what I mean by that: we finally had a COMPLETE game from a QB...from beginning to end.

This is something no other QB has done since Garcia.

I was happy that we ADJUSTED the play calling to Troy's strengths. Should have done it for Alex as well in the beginning but whatever..as long as we "get it" now...I'll take it.

I was also happy to see our receivers FIGHT for the ball. This is something that really lacked last year. This year they are fighting harder for the ball every game. This game...they did an amazing job helping Troy out.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Very happy with this win. Best QB performance since who knows when. And what I mean by that: we finally had a COMPLETE game from a QB...from beginning to end.

This is something no other QB has done since Garcia.

I was happy that we ADJUSTED the play calling to Troy's strengths. Should have done it for Alex as well in the beginning but whatever..as long as we "get it" now...I'll take it.

I was also happy to see our receivers FIGHT for the ball. This is something that really lacked last year. This year they are fighting harder for the ball every game. This game...they did an amazing job helping Troy out.

I agree with all this--best QB performance from start to finish for the Niners in a long time---I don't think Alex has ever had one of those games.
Share 49ersWebzone