There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Past 49ers Greats, Head Coach and GM

• EdEs
  • Veteran
If our 49ers greats returned to either a GM or Head Coaching Position who would you want it to be and why assuming of course that they would take the offer.

Montana as GM or Rice
or Steve Young as a Head Coach? Just curious what some of the veterans think im only 21 and have only been really watching 49ers every game for 5 years.
Dwight clark sucked as GM. Past greatness as a player does not correlate to greatness as a coach...look at singeltary. Hell, most of the good coaches today that did play weren't the most amazing players.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
While great Hall of Famers as players they have ZERO NFL coaching and front office experience. Actually they would be less qualified than Mike Dingletary for those jobs.
I'd take Steve Young in the front office. He knows a lot and tells you how it is!!!
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace8016:
I'd take Steve Young in the front office. He knows a lot and tells you how it is!!!

Yeah and I think he would be able to bring up a good quarterback too
Originally posted by EdEs:
Originally posted by ace8016:

Yeah and I think he would be able to bring up a good quarterback too

^This. Montana is the GOAT but Steve always seems more passionate about the game when you hear him talk. That's the kind of guy that will stay up long nights to develop game plans, tutor young players, etc.
I think Carmen Policy can be considered a "former Niner great." Granted, he's had a tough run of it lately, but he can't be any worse than what we currently have, can he?
I'll do ya 1 better and remake the entire franchise from top to bottom as I watch the pitchers duel and wait for my ribs that are in the slow cooker

Front Office:
Owner-Rice-A-Roni (you know why) and Eddie D
Chairman-Eddie D
President-Carmen Policy
VP-Prince Jed
Marketing-Paraag Marathe

Football Operations:
Head of Football Ops.-Steve Young
GM-Moochiuicci
Personnel Dept.-George Seifert
-Vinny Cerrato
-Trent Baalke

Coaching Staff:
Head Coach-Denny Green

Off. Co.-Brian Billick
QB's Coach-Mike Johnson
WR's Coaches-Jerry Rice
-"Easy" Ed McCaffrey (played at Stanford+1 yr here. Good enough for me
RB's Coaches-Tom Rathman
-Roger Craig
OL/TE's Coaches-Ray Brown
-Jesse Sopulo
TE's-Mike Solari
-Brent Jones

Def. Co.-Ray Rhodes
DL Coach-Bryant Young
LB's Coach-Derrick Smith
DB's Coach-Rod Woodson

Spec. Teams Coach-Jeff Ulbrich
-Tom Rathman
-Rod Woodson

Qlty. Cont. Coach-Tim McDonald

Strength/Cond. Coach-William Floyd
-Jerry Rice
-Roger Craig

Ribs r ready, Giants just tied er up. PTFO...[Wallbash] QUIT TRYING TO KILL IT AND HIT THE F'ER BURRELL. What a toilet; looking fastball twice and wiffs em both, then stares at a 3rd one for strike 3. Trade em
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
$18.99 Discount Sports jerseys
High quality
Since last year 5,000 people have purchased on our site
get more sports product!
Please visit:
www.bbeststore.com