There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Looking Forward . . .

Looking Forward . . .

Since the season is effectively over and a top-5 draft spot is almost assured, we might as well start fantasizing about the off-season.

I'm trying to be optimistic and think that we have approx. 5 years to be decent before the new stadium opens . . . which move(s) do you think help us to get there?

My primary desire is to get somebody in charge who knows offense. The contemporary NFL is a pass-happy league with rules designed to protect QB's and coddle receivers. Our record is likely to be awful this year, so we will have at least 2-3 more highly talented players on the roster next year with many talented players at key skill positions (with the exception of QB).

On balance, my preference would be to bring-in Brian Billick, since he knows how to emphasize offense in a warm weather city / dome (Like Minnesota/San Fransisco) and emphasize defense in a cold weather city (Like Baltimore).

The notion that you can force one style of play into any situation is an artifact of the '80's when the absence of a salary cap meant there were truly elite teams. In the current NFL, nobody has the depth of talent to dominate with smash-mouth. There is too much parity across the league, and injuries require strategic adjustments. Singletary seems like a nice enough guy, but he is clearly behind the curve.

Bill Walsh created the 49ers dynasty by seeing where the NFL was going before anybody else, and built a team that established the new paradigm. The current staff is still stuck in the way things were, and is being ground into dust by the wheels of change.
WE ALREADY HAVE A POSSIBLE COACHES THREAD

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

VALMOD STRIKES AGAIN

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/board.php?board=nfltalk
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 26, 2010 at 9:38 AM ]

ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THIS!! LOL! Sorry..okay back to work.
Originally posted by valrod33:
WE ALREADY HAVE A POSSIBLE COACHES THREAD

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

VALMOD STRIKES AGAIN

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/board.php?board=nfltalk
Cowboys will have the pick of the litter come season's end. What coach would rather be here than Dallas?? none.