LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

105 straight games....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Look at the bright side. Alex has had TWO 300 yard passing games in his 6 year career!
Originally posted by Shaj:
Look at the bright side. Alex has had TWO 300 yard passing games in his 6 year career!

Both losses...
I think that during the last game they posted a stat that said the niners haven't won with smith at QB when he throws for more than 230 yards. Translation, Smith has won ZERO games for the niners and they only win when running the ball very well or the D is playing very well. so sad
And even when we get an early lead, our playcalling gets conservative and us fans are left watching the last 3 quarters of our opponents coming back just to beat us in the final minutes of the game.

Frisco teams love to TORTURE their fans. But at least the Giants are winning.
You can contribute that to inept QB play for the last 7 years.

Let's see 7 years x 16 games/per =112 games right there.
Who cares about scoring 40+, I want wins even if it is 3-0 or 2-0. Beside this goes back to 2003 under Dennis Erickson, would you like him back?
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Who cares about scoring 40+, I want wins even if it is 3-0 or 2-0. Beside this goes back to 2003 under Dennis Erickson, would you like him back?

thats what i was gonna say scoring over 40 is overrated.

It's the close games that mean the most. And so far when we had close ones against NO, Falcons, and maybe Eagles, we couldnt get it done on either side of the ball.

Offense helps, defense sucks. Defense lights out 75% of the game, folds in consecutive weeks during final minute. Offense scores one TD, the other team a FG, then we let the other team score with 30 seconds left in the game, when the game is over, and then we have the nerve to point fingers on why we loss.

Like you i dont care if 40pts or 1. I just want to win.
How many times have we had 40 dropped on us in that span?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I remember when 10-6 was considered a disastrous regular season.
To be honest, I can care less about total points. It really depends on Wins and Losses, which the Niners have been horrible for a long time.

But let's face it, half the posts on this thread are about the past. Let's get over it. Let's live in the now!

You guys all bash Singletary for being hard headed and still living in 1985, and rightfully so. But don't come in here and expect us to be like we were in the 80's and early 90's.

Such double standards people!

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
How many times have we had 40 dropped on us in that span?

Last time the 49ers scored 40 points or more was Week 14 of the 2003 season against the Arizona Cardinals. Final of that game was 50-14.

Since that game, 10 teams have scored 40 or more points on us (including the very next week in Week 15 of 2003 when the Bengals beat us 41-38).

That's a percentage of just under 10% of the time (10 games out of 106 since that time).
Originally posted by tondiman:
If i counted right.. The 49ers have not scored 40+ points for a whopping 105 straight games. The last time we scored 40+ points was against Arizona on the 14th of December 2003.

We have scored 30+ points only 11 times since then. Including 19 games in a row scoring LESS than 30 points.

Somebody get us a coach that knows how to put the ball in the endzone.

I don't know if this is an NFL record or something.. The LIONS dropped 44 the other night....THE RAIDERS DROPPED 59 on a good defensive team on sunday, even the Rams and chiefs are putting up numbers from time to time.....Having less talented teams.

Is somebody STILL convinced that it doesn't all fall on the coaches?

Please Jed, bring us a competent offensive minded head coach. No more coaches who have any ties to the Baltimore Ravens or Chicago Bears. Well, maybe Harbaugh who does have ties to both.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
So you're saying we suck and we have for years and years and years?

Groundbreaking.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Back in 1996 this franchise fired an offensive coordinator after we finished 3rd in total offense. Just less than a year ago this franchise kept an offensive coordinator after we finished 27th in total offense. The standards just aren't the same anymore. Mediocrity and ineptitude is tolerated by this franchise. Highest ranking in offense since 03 has been 23rd and that was just 1 time. Every other year it's been 27th or lower. Yet instead of getting people into this franchise to turn it around we hire or keep incompetent morons who are way over their heads.

Well to be fair we had a whole coaching staff turnover after that season

one word. quarterback.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
To be honest, I can care less about total points. It really depends on Wins and Losses, which the Niners have been horrible for a long time.

But let's face it, half the posts on this thread are about the past. Let's get over it. Let's live in the now!

You guys all bash Singletary for being hard headed and still living in 1985, and rightfully so. But don't come in here and expect us to be like we were in the 80's and early 90's.

Such double standards people!

Sorry buddy, but it's 105 straight games.........and counting. We're talking about the present as well.
It's obvious that a win is a win. But when teams are GOOD and are winning, they can drop 40+ from time to time. Plus i'm fine with winning 45-44.
Share 49ersWebzone