LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

105 straight games....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If i counted right.. The 49ers have not scored 40+ points for a whopping 105 straight games. The last time we scored 40+ points was against Arizona on the 14th of December 2003.

We have scored 30+ points only 11 times since then. Including 19 games in a row scoring LESS than 30 points.

Somebody get us a coach that knows how to put the ball in the endzone.

I don't know if this is an NFL record or something.. The LIONS dropped 44 the other night....THE RAIDERS DROPPED 59 on a good defensive team on sunday, even the Rams and chiefs are putting up numbers from time to time.....Having less talented teams.

Is somebody STILL convinced that it doesn't all fall on the coaches?
Wow, that's crazy. How the heck can Singletary not see this. No wonder our defense sucks. They're gasping out there on the field too long.

OMG, I just figured it out, Singletary is ruining what supposed to be a top 5 defense, by his smathmouth style.
Wow, that is crazy!
doesn't matter anymore
Originally posted by jprchrds:
doesn't matter anymore

It always matters lol always!!!
I wonder if any other team even gets CLOSE to that.
damn, i knew it was some absurd number.
Originally posted by tondiman:
If i counted right.. The 49ers have not scored 40+ points for a whopping 105 straight games. The last time we scored 40+ points was against Arizona on the 14th of December 2003.

We have scored 30+ points only 11 times since then. Including 19 games in a row scoring LESS than 30 points.

Somebody get us a coach that knows how to put the ball in the endzone.

I don't know if this is an NFL record or something.. The LIONS dropped 44 the other night....THE RAIDERS DROPPED 59 on a good defensive team on sunday, even the Rams and chiefs are putting up numbers from time to time.....Having less talented teams.

Is somebody STILL convinced that it doesn't all fall on the coaches?

we dropped 50 that game... :D

i still remember it like yesterday...barlow had 150 yards rushing and 3 tds.
Who cares???

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Wow, that's crazy. How the heck can Singletary not see this. No wonder our defense sucks. They're gasping out there on the field too long.

OMG, I just figured it out, Singletary is ruining what supposed to be a top 5 defense, by his smathmouth style.

You would think soo right, but the fact is our defense has only been tops because of run defense, not against the pass, and without having a consistent pass rush. I used to laugh when people said top D, because if you break it down, we are gettin just as blown up now on pass defense as we have for the past 3-5 years.

I wonder how many games we've played where we've made horrible Qb's look like HOF's. That would be a stat i'd like to see.

Originally posted by Jersey9er:

You would think soo right, but the fact is our defense has only been tops because of run defense, not against the pass, and without having a consistent pass rush. I used to laugh when people said top D, because if you break it down, we are gettin just as blown up now on pass defense as we have for the past 3-5 years.

I wonder how many games we've played where we've made horrible Qb's look like HOF's. That would be a stat i'd like to see.

Yeah, our D is overrated. We don't score touchdowns on defense. Obviously, if the offense was putting up more than 15 points a game the D would have time to regroup and they wouldn't look so bad.
I was just thinking that the other day. When was the last time we had a over 40 point game? damn that seems like ages ago.

Back in 1996 this franchise fired an offensive coordinator after we finished 3rd in total offense. Just less than a year ago this franchise kept an offensive coordinator after we finished 27th in total offense. The standards just aren't the same anymore. Mediocrity and ineptitude is tolerated by this franchise. Highest ranking in offense since 03 has been 23rd and that was just 1 time. Every other year it's been 27th or lower. Yet instead of getting people into this franchise to turn it around we hire or keep incompetent morons who are way over their heads.
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Yeah, our D is overrated. We don't score touchdowns on defense. Obviously, if the offense was putting up more than 15 points a game the D would have time to regroup and they wouldn't look so bad.

But u cant say even when they have time they do nothing. s**t i learned that in this last game especially. The D got us up 20-13, and I thought that was game. But nope, they let them come all the way back. I think our problem is that some dont see that regardless of how the offense performs, that at the end of the game u cant count on the defense, when u need them the most that is.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Back in 1996 this franchise fired an offensive coordinator after we finished 3rd in total offense. Just less than a year ago this franchise kept an offensive coordinator after we finished 27th in total offense. The standards just aren't the same anymore. Mediocrity and ineptitude is tolerated by this franchise. Highest ranking in offense since 03 has been 23rd and that was just 1 time. Every other year it's been 27th or lower. Yet instead of getting people into this franchise to turn it around we hire or keep incompetent morons who are way over their heads.

Well to be fair we had a whole coaching staff turnover after that season
Share 49ersWebzone