LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

We should have SEEN this coming

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Coffee quitting had nothing to do with anything. It's not like he left the 49ers because he wanted to play for a different team or had any beef with the front office.

I don't know why Balmer leaving would be considered anything but a huge positive for the 49ers. He hasn't done jack in Seattle.

This here is the point

This here is your head
O

Glen Coffee would have quit no matter which team he was on. His decision was 100% independent of anything the team was doing.

If you want to argue that Balmer's departure was a "warning sign", I'm not going to argue with you. Coffee shouldn't be part of this conversation.
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I kinda knew this season wasnt gonna be good, after we went 4-0 in preseason.

pre season champs !!!!!!

DETROIT LIONS V.2!!!!

Be a 49ers supporter. Quit bashing on us.
I think we had every reason to expect a winner this year. Reasonable people will always give a person the chance to prove that they've learned and gotten better from their previous experiences and that's what everybody expected of Singletary. He's let us all down and that's just the way it's playing out.

I hear you on the rookie O-line thing though. Everybody was happy with the draft picks, but I don't think anybody actually expected Sing to go with AD this year. Not at Tackle anyway. There's consequences to starting young players at such important positions and we're experiencing all of them it feels like. Even John Ogden was moved inside his rookie year; I don't know what Singletary expected from the kid, but he should have seen this scenario in the cards. Too late to back out of that decision now. AD can't be feeling good about himself after yesterday, but benching him at this juncture should not be an option imho. The dye is cast what happened is done and it's time to find out what this kid's made of. Could still help him out by sliding him inside though.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I'd also like to throw in that Singletary didn't think much of Patrick Willis in the 07 draft either.

mmmm hmmmmm
I will confess, they had me hook, line and sinker. I am a sucker. I bought the kool aid, made drinks with it, made mix drinks with it, even made that jungle juice with it. I was so excited all offseason only to be more disapointed than ever before. The year we lost all the game and picked ALex, I knew we sucked then. This year, I thought we would be good.

I am a sucka
I didn't think they would be great, but I also didn't think they would be this bad. I figured the OL would struggle with two rookies playing. I didn't think the defense would be so horrible. I know we don't have any type of pass rush like the Giants do, but this last game was abysmal. The DBs were even worse. What kind of game plan was that? They gave the receivers a ridiculous amount of room. The coaching is extremely questionable and will have to be addressed at some point. I think Singletary is gone. Getting back to the offense, why are they able to go right down the field the first time they have the ball and then are shut down for long periods? There is too much of a reliance on Gore.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Nobody thought we were gunna suck this year. SO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING THEY THOUGHT THEY WOULD SHUT YOUR MOUTHS.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=141039&highlight=pymwymi

Don't speak for everyone. There was a minority of us that saw this team for what it is. Poorly coached and lacking at key spots.

Exactly. Some of us wrote impassioned posts about the stupidity of hiring Sing, the stupidity of Sing firing Marz and hiring Raye, the insanity of the Sing philosophy...I even wrote a post about how Sing handled his press conference like George Bush. All the Lock People came out, even was supposed be be banned....

Now, thank goodness, about 99% of the fans here have come around. Sing was a terrible hire and has proven to be totally incompetent.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Every win we have had for years has been a defensive win.

The only game the offense has won for us, was last year against the Jaguars. It is this fundamental ignorance by Mike Singletary which is causing this disaster to unfold.

Where Walsh demanded performance, Singletary demands work ethic.
Where Walsh expected points, Singletary expects no mistakes.
Where Walsh attacked through the whole game, Singletary protects the lead.
Where Walsh believed in quarterbacking, Singletary believes in equality.
Where Walsh believed in match-ups, Singletary believes in toughness.
Where Walsh had equanimity, Singletary is an emotional roller-coaster.
Where Walsh could motivate, Singletary can scare.
Where Walsh made you laugh, Singletary stares you down.
Where Walsh had insight, Singletary has will-power.
Where Walsh had Super Bowls, Singletary has souvenirs from London.

I nominate this for "post of the year"!
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Warning

#6 When Singletary spelled "Physical" with an F.

Can we move that up to #1?

phuck you mister

The only game the offense has won for us, was last year against the Jaguars. It is this fundamental ignorance by Mike Singletary which is causing this disaster to unfold.

Man why are you comparing genius with dumba$$ ?
go figure
NB : the genius is BW

NEXT YEAR.............

Dont believe the HYPE!!!!!!!

being optimistic in niner land sucks it always fails

Yea you right on this. The signs were on the wall. i got blinded by optimism and hope.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
NEXT YEAR.............

I say this every year, and still end up drinking the kool aide. lol fml
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
NEXT YEAR.............

I say this every year, and still end up drinking the kool aide. lol fml

does fml mean

f*ck my life??
Originally posted by bret:

I nominate this for "post of the year"!

So true, but let me add one more:

Where Walsh was a winner, Singletary is a ___________. You fill the rest
Share 49ersWebzone