LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

We should have SEEN this coming

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

Warning

#6 When Singletary spelled "Physical" with an F.

Can we move that up to #1?
Originally posted by JDeesnuts:
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
#4 You missed Michael Lewis quitting.

When we were embarrassed by Seattle in the opener I has was pretty worried about the rest of the season. They had the whole off season and come out looking completely unprepared.

I am probably most surprised at how poorly our D has been at closing close games.

The sad part is that this team may implode even further than it has already.

#5 Cutting Pro Bowler Michael Robinson

I knew that move wasn't going to be good at all. Especially when they cut a player right before the season who shouldn't have been cut in the first place, and signs with Seattle (who we played in week 1)

Hmmmmm......you think they knew a little bit about our offense. Singletary not knowing how to coach (changing up the game plan at halftime to account for the opponent)

Like you said, Robinson is a pro bowl player. And you are absolutely right that Seattle got a ton of knowledge from him. Singletary was too stupid to see that developing but I was concerned about it as soon as I heard he signed with seattle. Just read an article in local media(Chicago) talking about how good of a pickup he was by Seattle. How many damn probowlers are the 49ers gonna let walk in their false belief of it making them better....... Garcia, Owens, Rice(his work ethic and dedication alone warranted him to retire with us) the 49ers have let go of way too much talent with no qualified backup or coaches to remedy it. Time and time again this org has failed miserably
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
SEEN

yup.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Warning

#6 When Singletary spelled "Physical" with an F.

Can we move that up to #1?

lol, I was so drunk off the kool-aid I actually thought Sing was onto something special with that spellcheck!
  • HERN
  • Veteran
i dont know what the hype was about this team, there a 7-9 team at the most...and i dont get the lets draft andrew luck..i get it, hes a good prospect, but do you really think he can turn this team around? i say were 2 years away from being a playoff team with or without smith at qb. heres my plan: we draft patrick paterson (cb lsu) cuz face it we have no secondary, if you want andrew luck, fine then lets pick up cromartie as a FA..we also need an upgrade on our WR, Morgan is not a no.2 hes more like a 3 or 4, lets go after steve smith (giants) as our no.2 wr. I say draft paterson, sign cromartie and smith and BOOOOOM championship. And for all of you that want andrew luck option 2 is: draft luck sign cromartie and smith and draft curtis brown (cb)...CHRISTIAN PONDER FSU QB BETTER THAN LUCK
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Nobody thought we were gunna suck this year. SO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING THEY THOUGHT THEY WOULD SHUT YOUR MOUTHS.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=141039&highlight=pymwymi

Don't speak for everyone. There was a minority of us that saw this team for what it is. Poorly coached and lacking at key spots.

But you still predicted seven wins.

So did I

Looks like we'll both be wrong. There's no way we're getting there now.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Nobody thought we were gunna suck this year. SO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING THEY THOUGHT THEY WOULD SHUT YOUR MOUTHS.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=141039&highlight=pymwymi

Don't speak for everyone. There was a minority of us that saw this team for what it is. Poorly coached and lacking at key spots.

But you still predicted seven wins.

So did I

Looks like we'll both be wrong. There's no way we're getting there now.

But I thought this team is good for some meaningless wins against bottom feeders. Shows how much I know. At least we didn't go with 12-13 wins like some did. They look like much bigger fools than us.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Every win we have had for years has been a defensive win.

The only game the offense has won for us, was last year against the Jaguars. It is this fundamental ignorance by Mike Singletary which is causing this disaster to unfold.

Where Walsh demanded performance, Singletary demands work ethic.
Where Walsh expected points, Singletary expects no mistakes.
Where Walsh attacked through the whole game, Singletary protects the lead.
Where Walsh believed in quarterbacking, Singletary believes in equality.
Where Walsh believed in match-ups, Singletary believes in toughness.
Where Walsh had equanimity, Singletary is an emotional roller-coaster.
Where Walsh could motivate, Singletary can scare.
Where Walsh made you laugh, Singletary stares you down.
Where Walsh had insight, Singletary has will-power.
Where Walsh had Super Bowls, Singletary has souvenirs from London.

RIGHT ON! Dinglefairy needs to go!!!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I took a few swigs, but wanted Dingletary fired after 8-8. I did think we could creep in the play-offs at 9-7 this year and get blasted in the 1st round. Worse case I thought would be 7-9, which we would need to finish 6-3 to make. At least Dingletary is a dead man walking. I hope the ownership realizes their value plan is a failure and gets a real head coach and a real NFL GM.
Bringing back Jimmy Raye was BIG MISTAKE too. Hiring him in the first place bad too.

I understand that Alex needed the continuity to even have a chance to succeed but Raye was not the OC to develop ANY QB. He's sucked at every previous OC position prior to his stint with the 49ers.

The real hint that Singletary was clueless was when he let Martz go and Linehan turned him down.

I'd also like to throw in that Singletary didn't think much of Patrick Willis in the 07 draft either.

Originally posted by susweel:
I cant believe how many of us drank the koolaid this off season about us winning the division, and some "experts" were even saying we would win a playoff game. Many of us ignored the warning signs in the off season that disaster was on the horizon. Sing sold us a load of crap with his catch phrases, and young Jed was standing right beside him echoing the same crap.

These were the warning signs.

#1 Dumping Shaun Hill for Carr. I know that Hill was not the answer but he was much better back up option compared to Carr. Many would argue he is better then 11 but thats an entirely different argument and Im not going there anymore. This also angered many of the veteran players.

#2 GM quits or gets fired a month before the draft. I was never a big McClueless fan but its never a good thing when your GM is let in middle of off season. We still dont really know what happened on that one. All the rats in niner land these days but we still dont really know.

#3 Starting not one but two rookies on the OL. One rookie is hard enough to get ready on the OL, two is pretty much on heard of. No way should two rookies be starting on a contending team.

# Balmer and Coffee just quit the team. Also not much of a big deal because both were garbage but its pretty much unheard of to have two young players just quit like that.

i thought we would win about 9 games, but i also knew if we didnt make the playoffs, it would be because alex smith.... well he proved yet again why he isn't the answer.
I agree other than having 2 starting rookies on the OL.
I really thought that our team was not going anywhere when Sing first was hired and stated "we are going to have a smash mouth offense". In a passing league where qb's are babied and wide receivers can't get touched....... we should not be telling everyone we are going to run, run run the ball. But hindsight is 20-20.
Coffee quitting had nothing to do with anything. It's not like he left the 49ers because he wanted to play for a different team or had any beef with the front office.

I don't know why Balmer leaving would be considered anything but a huge positive for the 49ers. He hasn't done jack in Seattle.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
Coffee quitting had nothing to do with anything. It's not like he left the 49ers because he wanted to play for a different team or had any beef with the front office.

I don't know why Balmer leaving would be considered anything but a huge positive for the 49ers. He hasn't done jack in Seattle.

This here is the point

This here is your head
O
Share 49ersWebzone