LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

We should have SEEN this coming

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I cant believe how many of us drank the koolaid this off season about us winning the division, and some "experts" were even saying we would win a playoff game. Many of us ignored the warning signs in the off season that disaster was on the horizon. Sing sold us a load of crap with his catch phrases, and young Jed was standing right beside him echoing the same crap.

These were the warning signs.

#1 Dumping Shaun Hill for Carr. I know that Hill was not the answer but he was much better back up option compared to Carr. Many would argue he is better then 11 but thats an entirely different argument and Im not going there anymore. This also angered many of the veteran players.

#2 GM quits or gets fired a month before the draft. I was never a big McClueless fan but its never a good thing when your GM is let in middle of off season. We still dont really know what happened on that one. All the rats in niner land these days but we still dont really know.

#3 Starting not one but two rookies on the OL. One rookie is hard enough to get ready on the OL, two is pretty much on heard of. No way should two rookies be starting on a contending team.

# Balmer and Coffee just quit the team. Also not much of a big deal because both were garbage but its pretty much unheard of to have two young players just quit like that.

[ Edited by susweel on Oct 26, 2010 at 12:43:25 ]
I hear you. When both Balmer and Coffee up and quit -- that's when the first shreds of doubt began to slip in.

You just don't up and quit on a team that's picked by everyone and grandma to win the NFC West and contend for a Super Bowl berth. You just don't.
I kinda knew this season wasnt gonna be good, after we went 4-0 in preseason.
I did.
SEEN
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I hear you. When both Balmer and Coffee up and quit -- that's when the first shreds of doubt began to slip in.

You just don't up and quit on a team that's picked by everyone and grandma to win the NFC West and contend for a Super Bowl berth. You just don't.

Yeah, that worried me, too.

Then I thought about all the rah, rah, about buying into the system and stuff I kept hearing from players and free agents we signed.

I just wanted to believe. So bad.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

pre season champs !!!!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

pre season champs !!!!!!

DETROIT LIONS V.2!!!!

I always figured you a guy who glamorizes hindsight. I'd like to see the guy who called this out before the season, otherwise it's just calling out the obvious.
#4 You missed Michael Lewis quitting.

When we were embarrassed by Seattle in the opener I has was pretty worried about the rest of the season. They had the whole off season and come out looking completely unprepared.

I am probably most surprised at how poorly our D has been at closing close games.

The sad part is that this team may implode even further than it has already.

• fly15
  • Veteran
maybe next year we'll draft 2 qb's in the 1st round
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I always figured you a guy who glamorizes hindsight. I'd like to see the guy who called this out before the season, otherwise it's just calling out the obvious.

I never said I called this, I never said it be would this disastrous of a season. All I said was I never thought we were as good many of us thought we were.
Michael Lewis quit on us as well. Shaun Hill called us a mess. M. Rob said somthing similar....
Originally posted by fly15:

lol, prbably should. Its usually 50-50 with first round QBs anyway.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by fly15:

lol, prbably should. Its usually 50-50 with first round QBs anyway.

Probably not in the first round but I would draft 2 Qbs next year for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone