LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

Winning % Comparison of Walsh/Seifert/Mooch compared to Erickson/Nolan/Sing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How did this happen to us. I mean we are like the 80's bucs
Originally posted by jprchrds:
How did this happen to us. I mean we are like the 80's bucs

Dang....that is sad but true. We have fallen so far.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Swankypro:
Yeah, I remember when I used to get angry when we "only" won 10 games. Wish I would have soaked the success up a little bit more back then.

I was pissed off every year we didn't win a Super Bowl, what the hell was that?
the biggest difference was the first three were good coaches while the last three sucked butt.

haha
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by rapid4:
Originally posted by susweel:
I want the Yorks to move the team but the leave the name and history with the city and someone new makes the new 49ers.

Second.

They would never in a million years do this. They might move, but they would not leave the history or name with the city, though that would be the best solution for us as fans other than selling

Agree
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
we're stuck with the well intentioned but incompetent Jed York for the long term. He's basically a long running episode of "Mr. Bean owns an NFL team"
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by zozell:
So damn bored at work on this Monday Morning so I decided to look up these stats to so we can accurately guage how incredibly abismal our Ownership has been with their changes in coaching, and its direct correlation to the EPIC Plummet of a Dynasty Franchise.

We went from being Dominant for 20 years and winning 5 Superbowls the laughing stock of the NFL.

Check it out:

Bill Walsh
2-14
6-10
13-3
3-6 *Strike Year
10-6
15-1
10-5-1
13-2
10-6

Seifert
14-2
14-2
10-6
14-2
10-6
13-3
11-5
12-4

Mooch
13-3
12-4
4-12
6-10
12-4
10-6

Erickson
7-9
2-14

Nolan
4-12
7-9
5-11

Nolan/Sing
7-9

Sing
8-8
1-6

• With Walsh Seifert and Mooch we went 237-122-1 with a Winning Percentage of 0.66
  • With the next three CLOWNS Erickson, Nolan & Singletary we are 41-78 with a Winning Percentage of 0.34

See a correlation between Owner, Coaches and Record? It comes down to the Ownership plain and f**king simple. We can complain all we want about Nolan, McCloughan, Sing, Smith, The Line etc... In the end, it all comes down to the Lack of NFL experience of our Front Office and the Ineptness of our Ownership.

f**k THE YORKS! I WANT MY TEAM BACK!

Maybe, but even more important is who was under center. Walsh had montana, Seifert had young, Mooch had Garcia,

the rest haven't had a good qb. Sorry to say it, but that is the answer to our problem. When you have a franchise qb I.E. patriots, colts, Packers, Saints, Chargers, steelers, and Cardinals or rams who had warner.... You are always in position to win

Without one = just ask the browns, bills, and rams who haven't had one for years...

This ...
I've been saying it's the owners for years. But what can you do?

Originally posted by Shaj:
we're stuck with the well intentioned but incompetent Jed York for the long term. He's basically a long running episode of "Mr. Bean owns an NFL team"

Thanks for the coffee up the nose, Shaj. It's appreciated.
I really really hope we get a good coach this year.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I've been saying it's the owners for years. But what can you do?

Share 49ersWebzone