LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Winning % Comparison of Walsh/Seifert/Mooch compared to Erickson/Nolan/Sing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So damn bored at work on this Monday Morning so I decided to look up these stats to so we can accurately guage how incredibly abismal our Ownership has been with their changes in coaching, and its direct correlation to the EPIC Plummet of a Dynasty Franchise.

We went from being Dominant for 20 years and winning 5 Superbowls the laughing stock of the NFL.

Check it out:

Bill Walsh
2-14
6-10
13-3
3-6 *Strike Year
10-6
15-1
10-5-1
13-2
10-6

Seifert
14-2
14-2
10-6
14-2
10-6
13-3
11-5
12-4

Mooch
13-3
12-4
4-12
6-10
12-4
10-6

Erickson
7-9
2-14

Nolan
4-12
7-9
5-11

Nolan/Sing
7-9

Sing
8-8
1-6

• With Walsh Seifert and Mooch we went 237-122-1 with a Winning Percentage of 0.66
  • With the next three CLOWNS Erickson, Nolan & Singletary we are 41-78 with a Winning Percentage of 0.34

See a correlation between Owner, Coaches and Record? It comes down to the Ownership plain and f**king simple. We can complain all we want about Nolan, McCloughan, Sing, Smith, The Line etc... In the end, it all comes down to the Lack of NFL experience of our Front Office and the Ineptness of our Ownership.

f**k THE YORKS! I WANT MY TEAM BACK!

[ Edited by zozell on Oct 25, 2010 at 10:45:57 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I want the Yorks to move the team but the leave the name and history with the city and someone new makes the new 49ers.
Originally posted by susweel:
I want the Yorks to move the team but the leave the name and history with the city and someone new makes the new 49ers.

Second.
Originally posted by rapid4:

Second.

They would never in a million years do this. They might move, but they would not leave the history or name with the city, though that would be the best solution for us as fans other than selling

Second.

been saying that for years now. hate is such a nasty word and i believe people miss use the word when they mean to say I don't like things. but in this case i truely do hate the yorks.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Second.

been saying that for years now. hate is such a nasty word and i believe people miss use the word when they mean to say I don't like things. but in this case i truely do hate the yorks.

Something we can all agree on
I don't think Mooch gets anything like the credit he deserves. With all the turmoil he had to deal with (losing Young and Rice, new ownership, rebuilding, stars who hated each other) he still only had two seasons that weren't successful winning seasons.

I mean, how much would you give to have his third worst record now?

anyone know if there has been any interest from some silicon valley millionaire who? i would love this.

I don't know about this. It may be a really long time before we get a new 49ers if they were to leave. I'm not sure the NFL would rush to give San Francisco or the bay area a new team.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I don't think Mooch gets anything like the credit he deserves. With all the turmoil he had to deal with (losing Young and Rice, new ownership, rebuilding, stars who hated each other) he still only had two seasons that weren't successful winning seasons.

He had Walsh to turn the team around. He didn't want Garcia, Walsh pushed him into the team. Mooch did well with what he had but he was also the beginning of the end. The guy didn't develop any talent for the future, lived off other peoples vet talent and in the end was pushed out because he got greedy and wanted too much power. We saw how good he was at developing a talentless team in detroit after wards.

Larry Ellison???
Originally posted by jcs:

He had Walsh to turn the team around. He didn't want Garcia, Walsh pushed him into the team. Mooch did well with what he had but he was also the beginning of the end. The guy didn't develop any talent for the future, lived off other peoples vet talent and in the end was pushed out because he got greedy and wanted too much power. We saw how good he was at developing a talentless team in detroit after wards.

thanks in most part to matt millen. come on man mooch brought in lance schulters!! T.O.!!! Mooch was a good play caller for sure. obviosuly he took the Detroit job cause he's from there, they're just cursed.
Originally posted by jcs:

Mooch chose Druckenmiller.
We should have never fired Mooch....I admit I was on the fire him bandwagon but n retrospect we were spolied fans and had a superbowl or bust menatlity and the reality is that our team wasn't that good(on defense). We should have stayed the course with Moochie...
Originally posted by zozell:
So damn bored at work on this Monday Morning so I decided to look up these stats to so we can accurately guage how incredibly abismal our Ownership has been with their changes in coaching, and its direct correlation to the EPIC Plummet of a Dynasty Franchise.

We went from being Dominant for 20 years and winning 5 Superbowls the laughing stock of the NFL.

Check it out:

Bill Walsh
2-14
6-10
13-3
3-6 *Strike Year
10-6
15-1
10-5-1
13-2
10-6

Seifert
14-2
14-2
10-6
14-2
10-6
13-3
11-5
12-4

Mooch
13-3
12-4
4-12
6-10
12-4
10-6

Erickson
7-9
2-14

Nolan
4-12
7-9
5-11

Nolan/Sing
7-9

Sing
8-8
1-6

• With Walsh Seifert and Mooch we went 237-122-1 with a Winning Percentage of 0.66
  • With the next three CLOWNS Erickson, Nolan & Singletary we are 41-78 with a Winning Percentage of 0.34

See a correlation between Owner, Coaches and Record? It comes down to the Ownership plain and f**king simple. We can complain all we want about Nolan, McCloughan, Sing, Smith, The Line etc... In the end, it all comes down to the Lack of NFL experience of our Front Office and the Ineptness of our Ownership.

f**k THE YORKS! I WANT MY TEAM BACK!

Maybe, but even more important is who was under center. Walsh had montana, Seifert had young, Mooch had Garcia,

the rest haven't had a good qb. Sorry to say it, but that is the answer to our problem. When you have a franchise qb I.E. patriots, colts, Packers, Saints, Chargers, steelers, and Cardinals or rams who had warner.... You are always in position to win

Without one = just ask the browns, bills, and rams who haven't had one for years...
Share 49ersWebzone