LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Matt Barrows Article/Twitter Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Quote:

"Stay on the gas – we've got to keep on that gas," Crabtree said. "If we score, we keep scoring. We score until we can't score no more. That's where I come from. I mean, that's football. I don't know nothing else."

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/10/25/3128860/carr-drives-offense-directly-into.html#mi_rss=49ers

Sounds like Sing is losing the team/has lost them, now that players are coming out and openly questioning his game plan. Basically Crabby is saying we go to conservative and play not to lose, which is what 90% of the zone says every week and is one of the main reasons we're friggin 1-6.

i love that he said that!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Quote:

"Stay on the gas – we've got to keep on that gas," Crabtree said. "If we score, we keep scoring. We score until we can't score no more. That's where I come from. I mean, that's football. I don't know nothing else."

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/10/25/3128860/carr-drives-offense-directly-into.html#mi_rss=49ers

Sounds like Sing is losing the team/has lost them, now that players are coming out and openly questioning his game plan. Basically Crabby is saying we go to conservative and play not to lose, which is what 90% of the zone says every week and is one of the main reasons we're friggin 1-6.

I read that quote at the end of Barrows' article, and I thought it was very telling. How many games have the 49ers scored on the opening drive, then sputtered on throughout the rest of the game? Too many, I believe. The conservative offensive mindset that Singletary wants is just not cutting it, especially since our defense isn't playing up to last year's standards.

I noticed during the game that the 49ers ran the ball more effectively when they were in 3 and 4 WR sets. When they lined up in the standard I-formation, Gore got stuffed. They even brought out Anthony Dixon to rest Gore, but the Panthers knew what was coming and stuffed Dixon for a 6-yard loss.

If firing Singletary can make this offense keep the "pedal to the metal", then do it, even though it will be too little, too late.

Dan
49ers Fan in NC
He stated the obvious, which is fine by me. It is time to hear from the players, I know most will be politically correct but others will speak their minds.
i'd be surprised if any of the players still actually believe in Singletary.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i'd be surprised if any of the players still actually believe in Singletary.

We seen the games, the players are telling us through their play that they are done with this agenda! Especially the defense. Offense is too messed up and tampered with to tell.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
[sarcasm]what a diva!!! he needs to shut his mouth, he hasn't done anything in this league yet. mangini was right.[/sarcasm]

"YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS".
man, that first f**king drive was so promising. I almost couldn't believe what I was watching..... Then........
man, that first f**king drive was so promising. I almost couldn't believe what I was watching..... Then........

Dude, I am right there with you! I even said to myself; "Don't get too excited about this team, they are just going to break your heart." I got caught up in the game and actually thought we would win it!

I will watch all the rest of the games and tell myself not to get all caught up, but I am sure I will again.
Crabby is right.. In what world do you score and then go conservative? It's pathetic and it isn't NFL football. Do the Saints, Patriots, Eagles, Colts or any other good team score and then get the mindset that they don't need to score anymore? Do they after only having a 7 point lead go ultra conservative and play thinking they will win with a touchdown lead? NOBODY does this... We look good in the first drive because we spread things out and the other team has to defend the entire field.

Hey, we score, lets go to our gameplan, run, run, run... We suck because our coach has no imagination and is stuck Back in Time. Like I have stated before, I have only seen two or three teams with awesome defenses but NO offense win the superbowl. You gotta be able to score some points and get a big lead. We however are simply ok with a 7 point lead.

• tn9er
  • Veteran

Then...
We get to see the same rerun game plan that has been played for the last 5 years.
He's right. F**k Singletary and his 1985 gameplan.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Oct 25, 2010 at 07:25:18 ]
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
He is right. I said it in the gameday post, similar to the old Princeton basketball teams, we play stall ball offense after we get that first score. But it doesn't work like that in the NFL. It seems like if OC Johnson scripts out the first 15 plays, we do well, but once we are off of that chart, there is no real thinking or ability to adjust.

It´s hard to believe that he does not script plays bexond those 15.
it´s more that sing wanmts to run out the clock as soon we have the lead.
Scoring TDs after the first one - BAD
Running out the clock with 40 min left in the game -- GOOD
Crabtree is 100% correct. Must be reading the zone! j/k

Anyways.... conservative football never works in the long run, just look at marty schottenheimer
  • dmax
  • Veteran
crabs is totally right....you had them on the ground...stomp on their throats. I wanna know whos braindead idea was it. I mean my grandmother has a stronger arm then garbage carr...but still maybe short little short- medium ranged passes would have kept the clock moving...Those last ten minutes of the game was inaccuseable
Share 49ersWebzone