LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Matt Barrows Article/Twitter Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please place all Matt Barrows Articles (summations only, link)/Twitter post in this thread.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Seriously though, if theyre embarrassed in london it's another Nolan-like ditching, right?

A: Book It. But after game in London seems ideal. Bye week, Giants in the World Series, media on way back from England. Perfect timing
http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/28656015316
http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/28655918334
good.
After Week 1 I said he should be fired and I didn't think I was overreacting. It was the first time I felt that way and I'm not surprised where he has taken us this season. He is clearly not qualified for the HC position.
No longer matters at this point. We're officially building for next year, and October is not even over. Funny thing is, I don't even really care.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Problem is who replaces him?
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Parage Marathe
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Parage Marathe

The way this franchise operates that might happen.
The issue of not canning Singletary because there's no realistic interim guy on the staff is sort of a shallow argument because of the fact that there is no HC on the staff WITH Sing.

The only thing that worries me is if the team does well during the interim period and the Yorks decide to bring him back.
i said this earlier, but its exactly the same situation as when Nolan was fired.

I fully expect to be embarrassed in London. Months ago I thought it was a loss, or a toss-up at best. But now? There's no way we can win. I will root for us and I will be upset when we lose, but, realistically, I don't see how we can get out of our own way. It has NOTHING to do with who we play. We will beat ourselves.

Very unlikely 9ers will win in London. Kyle Orton is lighting up defenses and we have yet another QB situation. Carr or T. Smith?

Plus 9ers are on the road...fail.

I wonder who would coach "when" SING is fired IF this is true.

[ Edited by digital9er on Oct 24, 2010 at 20:29:06 ]

I don't know if there's any real benefit from firing Singletary. We're already 1-6.. season is O-V-E-R. The only benefit to firing him now would be so that it wouldn't look shady when we're interviewing head coaches during the season.
  • Veteran

Who cares, we are losing every week anyway. Get anyone, just get rid of Sing.

probably the mascot... he's been with the team for decades!

Manusky is the obvious choice.

Of course, with this team that doesn't mean much.

I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced Mike Singletary with Vance Singletary.....

I think Tomasula to be honest...just until the years end.
Share 49ersWebzone