LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

who should we start next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

who should we start next week?

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Mospeed:
LOL @ how fast ppl jumped off the Carr wagon.

LOL at whoever was ever even on the Carr wagon. Morons. Did those people that were chanting "We want Carr" even watch preseason? Did they not see him completely suck ass and look like a statue against 3rd string defenses?

The "we want Carr" chants was the low point of my time as a 49er fan. How pitiful has our franchise become when we're begging for another team's garbage who didn't look any better with us in the pre season and is also worse than our starter.

Like Patrick Willis said, we had 3 quarterbacks on our roster already better than Carr.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Oct 24, 2010 at 23:41:39 ]
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
This poll right here just proves how stupid most Zoners are.

Nate Davis is STILL on the Practice Squad and unless he's elevated in the next day, he's NOT starting.

Holy crap on a cracker you guys need a reality slap in the worst way.

~Ceadder
Now thats what seperates the men from the boys! Who here thinks Alex Smith could of still effectively come back into the game? I have seen the old man Brett Favre take a countless amount of hits and always get right back up and stay in the game! I mean come on Alex it wasnt your throwing shoulder! Get a painkiller shot and get some guts and stay in there for your team!!! Grow a pair!!!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Nate Davis makes the most sense. Alex Smith is hurt, Carr is atrocious and Nate Davis can be something very special if given the opportunity to develop while getting some playing time. The only problem is they never let the man run the offense in practice or training camp. He got 2 reps every time they had team activities while Carr and Alex got the other 30-40 reps. How is he supposed to learn and get comfortable with the offense like that? I don't believe a word Singletary has said regarding any of our QBs, especially Davis, so that whole "he can't learn the offense" sh*t means nothing to me.

If not Nate, then it needs to be Troy Smith. I don't know how far along he is in terms of learning our offense, but he can't be any worse than David Carr.

Not to single you out but this is the dumbest effing thing the 9ers cold do at this point. "Something very special" ????? This is the NFL not the Special Olympics. We cought a glimps of what happens when Davis goes against real NFL personnel instead of Costo scrubs. Why do you and others advocate bringing up a QB from the practice squad who after over a year in the system still has no clue?

If you want to see pick city then yeah let's bring mongaloid up from the practice squad and see if he can figure out what kind of coverages he's facing and let him ovecome the myriad 1-15 or 2-15's caused by the Davis twins' false starts, illegal motions. formations which spur on even more blitzing that our young line can't handle. Heros are not made in the 3rd and 4th qtrs of preseason football. Don't look now but the 4-0 preseason 9ers are 1-5.

The only thing more assinine than the f--king incompetence from York texting Adam Shefter that we will still win the division is believiing that Nate Davis is our savior. Give his nut sack a rest already. Dilusion knows no bounds here.

We all can agree that Carr is unadultereated excrement. All of you who advocated starting him a couble of weeks ago or sat in the stands and chanted his name step forward so you can be properly slapped.

Start the other Smith.
Don't really care who starts as long as they lose.
We should quit and restart the season.....oh wait this isn't madden.
Please get Carr off the roster.
There is no point in having him play.

He's been bad and he's bad now.

Give the show to Nate and then Troy (if Nate fails badly).
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I would treat the rest of the season as preseason. But it is better than preseason as our opponents are trying to win. Let us get Troy Smith and Nate Davis some snaps, use Dixon a lot and rest Gore for next year. Let's evaluate all the young players on the roster. We can get a big head start on what the new GM and HC need to draft and acquire through free agency. For that, fire Dingletary now, and put in a coach that knows what his job is for the rest of the season, evaluating talent and keeping the seat warm for a real NFL head coach.
Starting Troy makes way too much sense and that's why Singletary will go with David Carr.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
A healthy Alex Smith. If not ready to go, then Troy Smith. However, he's going to start Carr.

If Smith is hurt, Nate Davis will be moved up the 53 man, but will be inactive. Singletary is not going to start Davis with his job on the line.

he really has no choice...why not see what you have with Nate Davis? I think he is going to be fired after this game anyway so why the heck not

at least, we can answer the opposite question much faster than the original one.

like i saw, alex is injured on his left shoulder...so there is a chance, that he can start. IF sing should really start carr, then i hope that he will pull him by half if we are losing big-time.
Alex, if he can play. If not, put in Nate. We need to see what we have for next year, but Troy Smith has had zero reps, at least Nate played some in the preseason. Troy needs some reps before he goes in. Carr has no future.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Trent Dilfer.
REAL TALK....

Nate Davis i know isnt as prepared as Carr but we all know with what little knowledge he has he can find a way to make plays unlike Carr

the only thing that Carr will do is just piss of the WHOLE niner faithful

If Smith cant go this week (witch he probably wont) promote Davis from the P.S & start him

i rather take my chances with Davis than Carr ive seen enough of this Bust before to know that he is just not a NFL QB
Originally posted by rapid4:
Alex, if he can play. If not, put in Nate. We need to see what we have for next year, but Troy Smith has had zero reps, at least Nate played some in the preseason. Troy needs some reps before he goes in. Carr has no future.

With the way the Anthony Davis is blocking, no way Alex Smith goes out there with an injured shoulder.
Share 49ersWebzone