LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

who should we start next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

who should we start next week?

This poll right here just proves how stupid most Zoners are.

Nate Davis is STILL on the Practice Squad and unless he's elevated in the next day, he's NOT starting.

Holy crap on a cracker you guys need a reality slap in the worst way.

~Ceadder
LOL @ how fast ppl jumped off the Carr wagon.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Troy Smith ALL THE WAY. Carr sucks and Nate is garbage. Give Smith a shot see what he can do.
Originally posted by Mospeed:

LOL at whoever was ever even on the Carr wagon. Morons. Did those people that were chanting "We want Carr" even watch preseason? Did they not see him completely suck ass and look like a statue against 3rd string defenses?
we should start david carr its been a while since he started a game let him get use to the team
Originally posted by Mospeed:

It wasn't so much that we wanted Carr. It was more like ANYBODY except Alex Smith. Nate Davis will eventually become the starter this season though... Book it!
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
the only legit options are Carr and Troy Smith. Anyone who thinks that Davis will go from practice squad to starting QB in one week is f**king delusional.

What will happen is that Carr will start and play the game, and maybe the next game or two as well. And if Smith isn't back then maybe Troy will start for a game or two. And Davis will be lucky to get some snaps in the last few games.

This whole team is practice squad players, so he will fit in nicely.

we are one HC and one QB away from greatness. There are many examples of teams that were awful, but were ONE player away from greatness (even with the same coach).... Rams/Warner, Saints/Brees, Falcons/Ryan, and soon to be Rams/Bradford.

lol. you really don't watch the games, do you?
I guess not

seriously. if we were so close to "greatness" we would have players making big-time plays, which has not happened.

Thats not necessarily true. Good coaches put players in a position to succeed on the football field. I believe this coaching staff is so incompetent that they do not know how to put the players in a position to succeed.

The Rams couldn't make anykind of plays last year. They have a good QB and even with Donnie avery going down they are still able to make plays with two no names at receiver.
If Alex can play, he should start.

If not Alex, than Troy.

If Troy sucks, than I would bring Nate up from the PS.

But I doubt any of that happens next week. David Carr is going to single-handedly destroy any progress the NFL may have made into the European market.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Nate Davis makes the most sense. Alex Smith is hurt, Carr is atrocious and Nate Davis can be something very special if given the opportunity to develop while getting some playing time. The only problem is they never let the man run the offense in practice or training camp. He got 2 reps every time they had team activities while Carr and Alex got the other 30-40 reps. How is he supposed to learn and get comfortable with the offense like that? I don't believe a word Singletary has said regarding any of our QBs, especially Davis, so that whole "he can't learn the offense" sh*t means nothing to me.

If not Nate, then it needs to be Troy Smith. I don't know how far along he is in terms of learning our offense, but he can't be any worse than David Carr.

seasons lost.give Nate a chance........
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
This poll right here just proves how stupid most Zoners are.

Nate Davis is STILL on the Practice Squad and unless he's elevated in the next day, he's NOT starting.

Holy crap on a cracker you guys need a reality slap in the worst way.

~Ceadder

The question was who should start, not who will start. And believe it or not, some fans think Davis showed some flashes of talent in the preseason the last two years. Its not much different than you clinging onto the hope that Alex Smith will develop into a good quarterback.

[ Edited by Thorhawk on Oct 24, 2010 at 22:53:28 ]

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
whoever is sitting in section D row 5 seat 15

+1
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Question of the WeeK:

In the week the Niners are in London, will Nate Davis figure out what language is spoken there?

Cheers.

Answer of the week:

I hope that Nate starts and plays well so that he shuts-up the "bloody arses" who make ignorantly degrading comments no matter what language they are spoken in.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Oct 24, 2010 at 23:18:07 ]
Nooo.... Nate davis is not going to be game ready especially heading to london with a first start? I say Troy Smith, then get nate up to speed on the bye week for the stretch run.... This game is a win or season over period. we basically have to win this game then go 7-1 the next 8........ now here, we still have 5 NFC west games to play, but the team that looks the best, Seattle, we already lost to and how they are going now they may go 10-6! if that happens hope is lost unless seattle stumbles.

Pete Carrol= great coach below average team 4-2

Singletary = Horrible coach Above average team 1-6

Hey york do you understand now?

If we had Carrol as coach we would have been dominant. I say 5-2, 6-1 at worst..... Its awesome when you have a coach that adapts to his teams strengths. He and other coaches probably lick their chops when the see all of the talent on this team, and wonder to the selves" WTF is this idiot thinking"
As bad as our coaching staff is, there is a reason that Nate davis is on the practice squad and why he also wasnt claimed off waivers by another team, I like Nate davis but why would we throw him out there like that if he's not ready. David Carr clearly wasnt ready to play today and it showed. Depending on how up to date troy smith is with the playbook I would give him a shot strictly because his mobility could be a plus for our spotty O-line. However, carr will probably start (with his boba fett helmet) and it will be a repeat of what we've seen thus far this season. I hate to say it but we're probably done, I didnt want to believe it but today was just too much.
How bout my granny??
Share 49ersWebzone