LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

who should we start next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

who should we start next week?

Absolutely start Davis (smith healthy enough or not) .. just because this season is absolutely over and we need to find out what he is capable. i believe he'll at the very least spark our offense and we MIGHT be able to come out of this season with more than one freakin win.

Otherwise go with T. Smith.

P.S. Carr Blows
Originally posted by hps49:
BRING IN KENNY POWERS NOW!

ALEX, if he's HEALTHY! If not .... then Troy Smith! f**k it! .... Don't want to see Carr again!
Put in Nate Davis, the other guys have proven they aren't going to take you anywhere. If not Davis Troy Smith for sure.
Troy Smith! he can't be worse than carr...give the guy a chance, and let nate davis back him up..but either way alex smith is our best option at qb right now so lets just hope he will be ready by next week.
There are 11% of people voting for Alex Smith... that means something lol

Then again, it was his NON-dominant arm that was hurt...
A healthy Alex Smith. If not ready to go, then Troy Smith. However, he's going to start Carr.

If Smith is hurt, Nate Davis will be moved up the 53 man, but will be inactive. Singletary is not going to start Davis with his job on the line.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
the only legit options are Carr and Troy Smith. Anyone who thinks that Davis will go from practice squad to starting QB in one week is f**king delusional.

What will happen is that Carr will start and play the game, and maybe the next game or two as well. And if Smith isn't back then maybe Troy will start for a game or two. And Davis will be lucky to get some snaps in the last few games.

This whole team is practice squad players, so he will fit in nicely.

we are one HC and one QB away from greatness. There are many examples of teams that were awful, but were ONE player away from greatness (even with the same coach).... Rams/Warner, Saints/Brees, Falcons/Ryan, and soon to be Rams/Bradford.

lol. you really don't watch the games, do you?
I guess not

seriously. if we were so close to "greatness" we would have players making big-time plays, which has not happened.
Question of the WeeK:

In the week the Niners are in London, will Nate Davis figure out what language is spoken there?

Cheers.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Question of the WeeK:

In the week the Niners are in London, will Nate Davis figure out what language is spoken there?

Cheers.

Yes.

This is what Im talking about. Why did Sing even go after Carr if all he is is a bench warmer. He could have signed me for that, For much less money. The Alex SMith experiment is over, Sing's future is is now in dire straits. The only hope he has to keep his job is to win out and make the playoffs. You give me one indication of hope that this team has given that indicated that they are capable of beating even the worst teams in the nfl? That's what I thought.....
Troy Smith. See what he can do. The coaches hate Carr and I do too, and he shouldn't be used as anything but a warm body at this point. Let's see if Troy has game, and if not, then we can elevate Davis and get him ready during the bye and see what he happens.

This
Alex smith should pull a brett favre, and come play because he doesnt want his consecutive game streak broken.
Alex Boone, at right tackle!
LOL. Wow at the majority of the people in the poll that think we should start Nate Davis. A lot of these people are probably the same people that chanted "We want Carr". I along with other people on here who represent a minority tried to tell you people that Alex Smith is the best we have and that Carr sucks ballz. Now you people are calling for Nate Davis?? I mean he's better than Carr but that guy will never have any kind of success in this league. Hate to say it because I think he is a good guy, but he can't make it as a NFL quarterback. He has some talent, but he's not as talented as a lot of you think. His awareness and pocket presence sucks. He's not good at reading defenses, really isn't much of an athlete or scrambler, and his accuracy is probably on par with alex smiths. So basically the only thing he has and will ever have on alex smith is arm strength. I think I'll pass. Other than Alex Smith, the only quarterback that gives us a chance to win some games is Troy Smith. He can makes plays with his feet, has a good arm, is more instinctual than Davis, has been a winner, and has better football smarts than Davis and Carr.
Share 49ersWebzone