LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

who should we start next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

who should we start next week?

I think that we should give serious thought into a Troy Smith start. I have followed him since he got into the nfl and on the few reps he has gotten with Baltimore he didn't look half bad, Discuss.....
Nate Davis all the way, we have nothing to lose.
Nate Davis
Troy Smith. See what he can do. The coaches hate Carr and I do too, and he shouldn't be used as anything but a warm body at this point. Let's see if Troy has game, and if not, then we can elevate Davis and get him ready during the bye and see what he happens.
  • ZRF80
Gotta start building for next year. The longterm solution to our QB woes in not on our roster. We need to find a viable backup for next year. I say give Troy Smith a shot.
Nate Davis.
Nate Davis makes the most sense. Alex Smith is hurt, Carr is atrocious and Nate Davis can be something very special if given the opportunity to develop while getting some playing time. The only problem is they never let the man run the offense in practice or training camp. He got 2 reps every time they had team activities while Carr and Alex got the other 30-40 reps. How is he supposed to learn and get comfortable with the offense like that? I don't believe a word Singletary has said regarding any of our QBs, especially Davis, so that whole "he can't learn the offense" sh*t means nothing to me.

If not Nate, then it needs to be Troy Smith. I don't know how far along he is in terms of learning our offense, but he can't be any worse than David Carr.
the only legit options are Carr and Troy Smith. Anyone who thinks that Davis will go from practice squad to starting QB in one week is f**king delusional.

What will happen is that Carr will start and play the game, and maybe the next game or two as well. And if Smith isn't back then maybe Troy will start for a game or two. And Davis will be lucky to get some snaps in the last few games.
I say Nate Davis, if Alex Smith can't go. Please no more Carr. That guy is beyond hopeless. Even let that other guy play, I don't care.
Jeff Garcia... he was our QB last time we had a winning season.

Originally posted by HessianDud:
the only legit options are Carr and Troy Smith. Anyone who thinks that Davis will go from practice squad to starting QB in one week is f**king delusional.

What will happen is that Carr will start and play the game, and maybe the next game or two as well. And if Smith isn't back then maybe Troy will start for a game or two. And Davis will be lucky to get some snaps in the last few games.

This whole team is practice squad players, so he will fit in nicely.
you can't start Nate Davis with the whole world watching. They were saying on the radio if the sprain to Alex's shoulder is really just a ball joint sprain they can shoot him up with cortisone and he should be good to go.

its obvoius he is the best QB on the roster.
Troy Smith. See what he can do. The coaches hate Carr and I do too, and he shouldn't be used as anything but a warm body at this point. Let's see if Troy has game, and if not, then we can elevate Davis and get him ready during the bye and see what he happens.

get nate out of the PS and let him back up troy smith. the used-carr could be oour cheerleader or mascot. let alex and sing just fondle each other in the locker room... let someone else coach!
whoever is sitting in section D row 5 seat 15
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

This whole team is practice squad players, so he will fit in nicely.

Share 49ersWebzone