There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Let's go 9ers **clap clap*clap clap clap** Let's go 9ers!

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
I have been a fan for more than 30 years and I am done with this piece of crap team. When the 49ers learn how to win games, then I will again watch the games and root for the team. I think I speak for many real fans who are just fed up with losing.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Field a team capable of winning a game and I will be in the front of the line, rooting with every breath. But until then, I will be picking the other team (because that way, at least I will come away with a win on my weekly picks).

This excuse for a football team does not deserve loyal fans.

One thing is for certain: next year I will not waste my money on NFL Access - I will watch the results of the games on the Internet but see no reason why I should piss away my money to watch a worthless team.

I have been a fan for 22 years and I am a real fan who is also tired of losing, but that doesn't mean I give up. If loyal fans worldwide gave up on their favorite sports teams because of losing there would be very very few sports teams in any league to watch.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i hope we win games this season, but i'll be watching with next season in mind.
9 months I have waited patiently and excitedly.

We have no business accepting mediocrity, and dreadful planning, coaching, and playing the way we have the last 8 years.

A new Coach and Philosophy will do wonders for this team (including a new QB), and this draft is loaded with top QB talent. We need to get one. If we dont get a top 3 pick, our team is good enough to where we can trade alot of picks to get our QB.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
time to use this year to evaluate talent. No point of wasting time with Smith (if he returns) just for the sake of winning and putting on a show. We build for next year now, and that means trying to evaluate guys like Troy Smith and Nate Davis to see if they can fill backup roles in 2011.

Smith and Sing......begone.

Well if David Carr starts next week its a guaranteed loss. This season is officially over as far as the playoffs go, so it would be nice to get an idea of how good or bad the other 2 qbs are.

"To clarify, we are all fans of the team. We all support the team. What we dont support is a losing culture. The owners wont do anything if we don't speak out! I will not buy season tickets for next year unless there are major changes."
I agree with you completely. I have no more desire to continue supporting what this ownership has done over the past 10 years. My money is worth more than what I've been spending it on with the Niners and i refuse to continue throwing good money after bad. I'll never lose my allegiance to the Niners, but I'm not going to keep carrying the water for the team. Let someone else do that for awhile...

[ Edited by eahudson49 on Oct 24, 2010 at 15:10:25 ]
meh, i'm getting pretty tired about all these threads that are trying to impose their viewpoint of "what it means to be a fan." Either watch the games or don't, cheer or boo, whatever. I don't really care what other fans do and I think its pointless to argue with each other about it.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Originally posted by ZRF80:

Originally posted by amir_tn80:

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
We have 2 more chances to salvage the season in regards to losses. Anything can happen this year I would think with all the parity. 8-8 maybe just what you need to prolong the season into January.

I don't see playoffs in our sights, however the overall morale can be boosted and some of the players can begin to play up to their potential whilst others continue to develop.

I think that's a key point. You can't allow losing to become a part of your institutional memory, that's how you wind up being the Lions. And that's why you never tank a season, certainly not for a craps shoot draft pick.

With the season effectively over, it's critical that the ownership provide the team with leadership and a sense of direction during the final months of the season and that means not allowing Singletary to languish as an impotent lame duck. I'm not certain what you do for an interim head coach, but letting Singletary fester for months at the helm is not an option.

Excellent post, KRS-1. It made for a pleasant kick in the rear on an otherwise lousy evening.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
We have 2 more chances to salvage the season in regards to losses. Anything can happen this year I would think with all the parity. 8-8 maybe just what you need to prolong the season into January.

I don't see playoffs in our sights, however the overall morale can be boosted and some of the players can begin to play up to their potential whilst others continue to develop.

morale boost?? next season will be 9 months away and a lot of the guys will lose their jobs...You are a genius!!!!!
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
meh, i'm getting pretty tired about all these threads that are trying to impose their viewpoint of "what it means to be a fan." Either watch the games or don't, cheer or boo, whatever. I don't really care what other fans do and I think its pointless to argue with each other about it.

To each his own, but you can't act like the haters don't try to impose their meaning on others fans as well.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
9 months I have waited patiently and excitedly.

We have no business accepting mediocrity, and dreadful planning, coaching, and playing the way we have the last 8 years.

A new Coach and Philosophy will do wonders for this team (including a new QB), and this draft is loaded with top QB talent. We need to get one. If we dont get a top 3 pick, our team is good enough to where we can trade alot of picks to get our QB.

I never said that mediocrity was acceptable.

To each his own, but you can't act like the haters don't try to impose their meaning on others fans as well.

i wasn't singling out only the threads trying to be positive; i just happened to post it in here because this was the most current. Its nothing personal, I respect your view and agree with it, I just think the argument is getting lame.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
1 year ago i'd be right there with you.

but i'm drained now.

That my friend is why we puff puff pass.

buddy. pass it over.

Glady, just come to Ohio

but i'm drained now.

This.

but i'm drained now.

KRS-1, you know you mah boy and I love your optimism but I am in the same boat as feeeeever808... I am emotionally drained and I don't think my health can take it anymore. I'll watch the games but I know our season is over. And I won't invest heavily on our team this year. Not for the rest of the season.