Characteristics of a good QB:

Accuracy: Nope
Intelligence: Check
Instincts: Nope
Touch: Nope
Field Vision: Nope
Mobility: Check
Consistency: Nope
Situational Awareness: Nope (Too much time waisted at critical moments)
Leadership: Nope (Leaders dont allow their team to walk in and out of huddles in two minute drills)
Attitude: Nope

Without a long drawn out essay, I think that pretty much sums it up.

Great, I can play this game.

Smith has had the following to work with while on this team:

Head Coach with a clue: Nope for each one of the fools we've dealt with.

OC: Only one was Turner and Smith was clearly getting better with him at helm but all others equal total failures.

Oline: So this is a no brainer right. We can't run let along pass protect, he has less time to throw and gets more pressures than any other qb from what I've seen.

Wr's: No #1 until Crabs and he still is not up to speed yet. A list of our wr's over the last 6 years is a total joke. The rest still cutoff routes, have alligator arms when a defender is near, don't layout for any close ball, tip balls into the air and let defenders beat them for jump balls. Look at any game and you can see Payton, Brees, Big Ben, Brady and the like throw to covered wr's all the time but what they get is an effort from their wr's to in most case make the catch or at least knock it down. Smith trys this and his wr's give up or make no stinking effort at knocking it down.

TE: Vernon is a legit TE but still drops balls and doesn't make hot reads correctly all the time but has been Smiths omly reliable go to guy.

RB: Yes Gore is and has been great but you can game plan against Gore due to our crappy OC game planning so not the effective weapon for Smith that he could be.

Defense: Decent but we've had leads going into the last 6 minutes of how many (4) out of our 7 games and have lost them due to an underrated Defense. If they hold teams in these games we have a winning record and things sure look alot different.

Have at it with the hate, but would be nice to get real feedback.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

I think it's the one thing we can all agree on. :)

Yeah she's hella fine

She's checking to see if Alex is pregnant yet.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

Yeah she's hella fine

no, she's gettin' ready to check to see if he's grown a pair yet.
Originally posted by Shaj:
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

Yeah she's hella fine

LOL... after reading your posts on here ever since I joined, I'm a little surprised that you are somewhat of "troll" when it come to Alex Smith. I know this was a joke, but it seems like you always chime in with this kind of comment regarding him lately. Maybe I'm wrong, just an observation.

The reason I'm surprised is because you usually come through with good knowledge and stay somewhat rational. Maybe you've had it with Smith and are letting it loose.
[ Edited by sacniner on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:40 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

Yeah she's hella fine

Originally posted by fly15:
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

Yeah she's hella fine

Well, it's obvious his balls haven't dropped yet because she's checking too high. Maybe he has ovaries.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by fly15:
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

Yeah she's hella fine

Well, it's obvious his balls haven't dropped yet because she's checking too high. Maybe he has ovaries.

no wonder guys like him alot...
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Only the haters would be able to turn a picture of a hot chick into a negative comment about Alex Smith. Good job guys! Are we sure it's not YOU that has the man crush on Alex??
Only the haters would be able to turn a picture of a hot chick into a negative comment about Alex Smith. Good job guys! Are we sure it's not YOU that has the man crush on Alex??

Tell Alex to play, I would.

Originally posted by bigmike55:
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

Yeah she's hella fine

Meh, kinda flat chested, Jeff Garcia's wife is hotter.

That's Garcia's wife? Holy Crap! I just beat off and I sit on a trading desk.

That's what I'm saying (not the man crush part), but come on guys. His wife is hot and we all know it. Enough about making jokes about his private parts because whatever he's doing with them, it's with that hot chick.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
We can make this real simple.

Leadership: Nope (Leaders dont allow their team to walk in and out of huddles in two minute drills)

If this is Alex you are assessing, I think you change "Attittude" to Check (he does have a great attitude) and you change "Mobility" to Nope, because he has it but doesn't use it (just like him having intelligence but not using it on the field = instinct, which he doesn't have). I also suggest you add "ability to stretch the field" = Nope and "ability to hit receivers in stride" = Nope and "ability to move in the pocket and buy time" = Nope.

If you're really charitable, you could add "ability to checkdown immediately" and "can run to the right as first option" and give those both Checks.

In this case Attitude means "kind of a jerk" which is a good thing for a quarterback to have.

to the bold.

I would agree with other posters that intellegence doesn't mean much on its own, but I do think it can be a weapon if you have all the other pieces in place, ala Manning.

LOL....You're on a roll today Joe!

LOL....You're on a roll today Joe!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rk1642:
We can make this real simple.

Great, I can play this game.

Smith has had the following to work with while on this team:

Head Coach with a clue: Nope for each one of the fools we've dealt with.

OC: Only one was Turner and Smith was clearly getting better with him at helm but all others equal total failures.

Oline: So this is a no brainer right. We can't run let along pass protect, he has less time to throw and gets more pressures than any other qb from what I've seen.

Wr's: No #1 until Crabs and he still is not up to speed yet. A list of our wr's over the last 6 years is a total joke. The rest still cutoff routes, have alligator arms when a defender is near, don't layout for any close ball, tip balls into the air and let defenders beat them for jump balls. Look at any game and you can see Payton, Brees, Big Ben, Brady and the like throw to covered wr's all the time but what they get is an effort from their wr's to in most case make the catch or at least knock it down. Smith trys this and his wr's give up or make no stinking effort at knocking it down.

TE: Vernon is a legit TE but still drops balls and doesn't make hot reads correctly all the time but has been Smiths omly reliable go to guy.

RB: Yes Gore is and has been great but you can game plan against Gore due to our crappy OC game planning so not the effective weapon for Smith that he could be.

Defense: Decent but we've had leads going into the last 6 minutes of how many (4) out of our 7 games and have lost them due to an underrated Defense. If they hold teams in these games we have a winning record and things sure look alot different.

Have at it with the hate, but would be nice to get real feedback.

Share 49ersWebzone