Characteristics of a good QB:

Accuracy: Nope
Intelligence: Check
Instincts: Nope
Touch: Nope
Field Vision: Nope
Mobility: Check
Consistency: Nope
Situational Awareness: Nope (Too much time waisted at critical moments)
Leadership: Nope (Leaders dont allow their team to walk in and out of huddles in two minute drills)
Attitude: Nope

Without a long drawn out essay, I think that pretty much sums it up.

I vote no on mobility. Tim Rattay has proven to be more mobile.
doesnt it get old, saying the same things over and over smith haters and smith lovers
Originally posted by valrod33:
doesnt it get old, saying the same things over and over smith haters and smith lovers

We are 1-6 so, nah. Nothing much to talk about, really. The lovers find something wrong with trying out Troy or Nate but it's all good as long as Alex starts. The haters just want that one position to change for the better in terms of talent just to see what could happen, just to see if some "plays" can be made.

If there weren't lovers and haters, the force would be unbalanced.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
There are no Alex Smith lovers, only haters. People who are willing to look at the team objectively, people who understand there is more to the success of a football team than one position, people who understand that QB play is dependent on many factors - get confused as "Alex Smith lovers" by the haters, because the haters think that everyone in the world thinks black and white like they do.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

We are 1-6 so, nah. Nothing much to talk about, really. The lovers find something wrong with trying out Troy or Nate but it's all good as long as Alex starts. The haters just want that one position to change for the better in terms of talent just to see what could happen, just to see if some "plays" can be made.

If there weren't lovers and haters, the force would be unbalanced.

And it never gets old for haters to hate!
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

I think it's the one thing we can all agree on. :)
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

Yeah she's hella fine

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
We can make this real simple.

Leadership: Nope (Leaders dont allow their team to walk in and out of huddles in two minute drills)

I vote no on mobility. Tim Rattay has proven to be more mobile.

The only check he got...Intelligence...is overrated. We're basing Alex's book smarts to translate over to an NFL football field, which IMHO, can be argued to be a non factor.

Originally posted by Furlow:
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

Yeah she's hella fine

Meh, kinda flat chested, Jeff Garcia's wife is hotter.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

Cheer up little camper. It takes a long time to get some recognition on this site. Or you can be like Kilgore and start 10 threads a day Anyway, when I first started coming here I thought most everyone was an ahole because I was getting the cold shoulder. I guess once they figured I wasn't going away they let me in the circle. Of course, not everyone likes me, but there is enough traffic in and out of here that it really doesn't matter. Welcome (for now)....

Hehe.... I was just joking. I'm an interwebs forum veteran.

Thanks for the kind words, though. Keep spreading the love, man! It's obvious the forum could use it... not because people are a*****es, but because our team has been teh suxxorz.

::Gives everybody a big hug::

Maybe we can prevent an emocide or three.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Furlow:
I'd bang Smiths wifey.

Yeah she's hella fine

Meh, kinda flat chested, Jeff Garcia's wife is hotter.

yeah, but the world has seen Garcia's wife naked on the internet. also, she has big plastic boobs. The boobs I could live with (attached to that body/face), but the fact that everyone else has seen her naked...... that's a deal breaker.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:

yeah, but the world has seen Garcia's wife naked on the internet. also, she has big plastic boobs. The boobs I could live with (attached to that body/face), but the fact that everyone else has seen her naked...... that's a deal breaker.

Didn't your mother teach you to share?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
We can make this real simple.

If this is Alex you are assessing, I think you change "Attittude" to Check (he does have a great attitude) and you change "Mobility" to Nope, because he has it but doesn't use it (just like him having intelligence but not using it on the field = instinct, which he doesn't have). I also suggest you add "ability to stretch the field" = Nope and "ability to hit receivers in stride" = Nope and "ability to move in the pocket and buy time" = Nope.

If you're really charitable, you could add "ability to checkdown immediately" and "can run to the right as first option" and give those both Checks.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Share 49ersWebzone